DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Didzis said:
JorritVD said:
Hm, looks like Codemasters need to remoddel their R5 a little bit to have it the same as the real deal. Will be interesting if this livery will come to DR2.0
I don't see why not. There's still over 4 months to go, plenty of time to make it. Heck, I could do it in a few days :D  
I don't think they'll do it, unfortunately. Probably due to licensing. And the fact that that the cover art is already done.
The cover can stay the same, this just could be an aditional skin for the Polo R5

Didzis said:
Didzis said:
JorritVD said:
Hm, looks like Codemasters need to remoddel their R5 a little bit to have it the same as the real deal. Will be interesting if this livery will come to DR2.0
I don't see why not. There's still over 4 months to go, plenty of time to make it. Heck, I could do it in a few days :D  
I don't think they'll do it, unfortunately. Probably due to licensing. And the fact that that the cover art is already done.
The cover can stay the same, this just could be an aditional skin for the Polo R5
What I was talking about was not the skin, but the model of the car. The front bumper for example is different.

Nice livery For Solbergs Polo R5

https://twitter.com/Petter_Solberg/status/1048142100292947969
Not sure if the camera angle affects this but the steering column seems very short from the dash to the steering wheel compared to Fiesta R5 for example.

https://twitter.com/volkswagenms/status/1048137710601478149?s=09

Jepsertti said:
Nice livery For Solbergs Polo R5

https://twitter.com/Petter_Solberg/status/1048142100292947969
Not sure if the camera angle affects this but the steering column seems very short from the dash to the steering wheel compared to Fiesta R5 for example.

https://twitter.com/volkswagenms/status/1048137710601478149?s=09
"Check out his arse"  ;)

thats a very nice car B)                                                      

From the sith axis interview:
Argentina’s a good one, New Zealand, Poland and Australia are what we’ve got for loose surfaces
Noice. So USA and Spain will be mainly Tarmac. 

JZStudios said:
Jepsertti said:
Just realized that after all this VR support talk the only thing missing anymore is the helicopter camera view guy who filled this thread about posts how the first WRC game on PS2 had perfect heli-cam prior to DiRT 4 release :D
Oh man, forgot about that guy, or the infamous water splash debate.
#Watergate all over again. ::smiley:
#NoHeliNoBuy I like the memes we create in our own little community.

Good old days...

new Road Book

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/10/dirt-rally-road-book-05-10-18/
Screenshot of the Week from Wales... get the Gossip going!

Argentina’s a good one, New Zealand, Poland and Australia are what we’ve got for loose surfaces
Or the USA will be Snow stages?

The DiRT Show | DiRT Rally 2.0 Announcement Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQx60JaGgmk

Or the USA will be Snow stages?
There really has only one tarmac rally in the USA (now gravel only) is Empire State Performance Rally or ESPR in the State of New York.  It is held in the fall of the year or has been for a few.   Interestingly its only about 5-6 hrs away from trois-riviers in Canada, they do not go on at the same time, but if the art team was scouting locations, its not a far trip.   Michigan on tarmac would just not work if you were trying to have any authenticity, its never happened there.  I hope that Codemasters keep US rally locations real and not made up.

EDIT:  there is a single stage in the Oregon Trail Rally but you really can’t base a location from that regarding tarmac.

Dirt Rally 2.0 Part 3: PS4 Pro Gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOz5kmriaNM

That lad bores the tits off me....  so unenthusiastic 

@RallyDriven what happened? Binned it on day 1?!
Yeah. Stages were incredibly rough. Penmachno absolutely destroyed the car, collapsed front suspension and damaged gearbox or diff. Then we hit a huge rock two corners into slate mountain which put the nail in the coffin by breaking the steering arm. Even if we had made it through I don’t think we could have restarted. Pretty shit day. There was a nasty accident in Brenig and we got stopped by a red flag halfway through.

Heading to dyfnant tomorrow to go watch

Yeah. Stages were incredibly rough. Penmachno absolutely destroyed the car, collapsed front suspension and damaged gearbox or diff. Then we hit a huge rock two corners into slate mountain which put the nail in the coffin by breaking the steering arm. Even if we had made it through I don’t think we could have restarted. Pretty **** day. There was a nasty accident in Brenig and we got stopped by a red flag halfway through.

That sucks man, I hope you manage to repair everything. Out of interest, how many times have things been repaired on that car and it still runs? Having never competed I don't know how much these cars go through.

Yeah. Stages were incredibly rough. Penmachno absolutely destroyed the car, collapsed front suspension and damaged gearbox or diff. Then we hit a huge rock two corners into slate mountain which put the nail in the coffin by breaking the steering arm. Even if we had made it through I don’t think we could have restarted. Pretty **** day. There was a nasty accident in Brenig and we got stopped by a red flag halfway through.

Yea I saw Brenig got red flagged. Didn't realise it would be so bumpy! That's a real shame I was looking forward to seeing you tearing up Garth. Next time buddy!

Saw the picture on GB spectator forum. Took some punishment. 

Wait... who was it that threatened to put a big rock in the road?
Someones missing a blackened eye. ;)

That sucks man, I hope you manage to repair everything. Out of interest, how many times have things been repaired on that car and it still runs? Having never competed I don't know how much these cars go through.
Cheers! This car has had a rough life, but never had too much damage. Mostly suspension and under car protection. Been through a few sump and fuel tank guards! We normally try and repair as much as we can!

JZStudios said:

If he put some of these rocks there then fair play, I’m not punching him in the face!

https://instagram.com/p/BojtL6Mngr4/

did see the car looked like shed had enough. :'( . experience though will make you ready for next time !

JZStudios said:

If he put some of these rocks there then fair play, I’m not punching him in the face!

https://instagram.com/p/BojtL6Mngr4/
Eh, just your regular Mongo could solve that.

Tried to play DiRT 4 once more. Man, I still can't understand why it end up like this. I'm one of those who thinks Your Stage was a really cool feature, but handling always gives me "That's just plain wrong. Same folks made DiRT Rally, what happened?".
This time I'd really like to try demo of DR 2.0 first (whatever if it's planned or not) since d4 made a lot of damage to franchise (just my opinion) and part of me is regretting buying it.