DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Tried to play DiRT 4 once more. Man, I still can't understand why it end up like this. I'm one of those who thinks Your Stage was a really cool feature, but handling always gives me "That's just plain wrong. Same folks made DiRT Rally, what happened?".
This time I'd really like to try demo of DR 2.0 first (whatever if it's planned or not) since d4 made a lot of damage to franchise (just my opinion) and part of me is regretting buying it.
Take this, there are no rules 2015 in dirt rally 2.0. "They Said It"
Dirt Rally was great and i'm sure the second one will be too, but that was far from real.

Yeah did some DiRT 4 as well this week, did 2 full 12 stage rounds in Australia and Wales in the 2l class (Subaru) and I really tried setting the rear up as loose as possible. There were some parts that flowed vere nicely, but more often I was frustrated by the sudden gain of rear end grip mid corner, with awkward & unsatisfying corner exits

Can’t wait to see how this feels in 2.0! :)

Areyouben said:
Yeah did some DiRT 4 as well this week, did 2 full 12 stage rounds in Australia and Wales in the 2l class (Subaru) and I really tried setting the rear up as loose as possible. There were some parts that flowed vere nicely, but more often I was frustrated by the sudden gain of rear end grip mid corner, with awkward & unsatisfying corner exits

Codies say : we made the rear a bit more slippery. No Thanks
We need really good physics and measurements.

Well, in short:
DiRT Rally never cease to put a smile on my face
DiRT 4 just makes me sad
DiRT Rally 2.0 NDA testers makes me jealous
:p

I like Dirt 4.

Mind you I spend most of my time in the R4 WRX and the 205 GTI. And all the team management stuff has its hooks in me deep. Can't wait to see what DR2 does with that part of the game (honestly I'd be satisfied if it was identical—maybe a better presentation of the perks and some more livery choices).

Fellas, I have added a poll in suggestion box http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/140939/pacenotes-modification/p1?new=1 , would appreciate your input- whenever "for" ,or "against". We could also brainstorm the idea there.
Thanks!

Dirt 4 I like it in asphalt much more than DR. Also in RX mode, Buggies, Truck, etc, The wet asphalt also feels excellent. The category R5, if it behaves very well on the different surfaces. When braking, inertia, weight... mechanical traction.. it feels better in Dirt 4 in the category R5. Those who have played it already, how's it going the Audi group b ? I'm sorry my English. Use the translator of google. 

I fired up D4 for some MP RX last night and gave the daily a bash for once. It was in Australia with the STI NR4 and that has always been one of the better cars in the game for me. There are some really nice aspects of the handling like the way the car behaves in a camber and using the brake to initate a slide and the Australia stages are often pretty good and reasonably varied but yes there are the problems we all encountered like the grip when midway through a corner and how difficult it is to get the car sideways.

kheiro said:
Areyouben said:

Codies say : we made the rear a bit more slippery. No Thanks
We need really good physics and measurements.

I don't think we ever said we made the rear ' a bit more slippery ' What we did say is that we have focused on how the surfaces and tyres interact with each other so that the behavior and balance of the car felt more realistic from feedback and validation of real life rally drivers.

I’ve got quite a funny video from rally gb this weekend involving an unfortunate incident with another crew, which I’m debating whether to put up...

We just played some DiRT 4 Pro Tour on Steam, and enjoyed it a lot, I just think that it's really important that we will be able to use textchat in online lobbies again, like we used to be able to do in DiRT 2 & 3. Now I just sent everyone in the lobby on a friend request on Steam and when they accepted I was able  to add them to a group chat, but that's a lot of more work than it should have to be. I don't know if its possible to let the game automaticly create such a groupchat in Steam, but otherwise just implement text chat like it was in previous games. That way we can interact and share experiences (and bond as a online community) while waiting for the next stage to load, which adds a lot to the online experience.
If more people want to join in on this you can find more information here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/140871/dirt-4-pro-tour-steam-lets-play#latest

JZStudios said:
@RallyDriven what happened? Binned it on day 1?!
Yeah. Stages were incredibly rough. Penmachno absolutely destroyed the car, collapsed front suspension and damaged gearbox or diff. Then we hit a huge rock two corners into slate mountain which put the nail in the coffin by breaking the steering arm. Even if we had made it through I don’t think we could have restarted. Pretty **** day. There was a nasty accident in Brenig and we got stopped by a red flag halfway through.

Heading to dyfnant tomorrow to go watch
Wait... who was it that threatened to put a big rock in the road?
Someones missing a blackened eye. ;)
If he put some of these rocks there then fair play, I’m not punching him in the face!

https://instagram.com/p/BojtL6Mngr4/
Yep they were all mine! It's a shame but TBF Garth in some places was properly dug up. Specially second run.
Let me know if you do plains or robin hood or something next year.

I think a cool idea for waiting for multiplayer would be that you wait in DirtFish or a big playground just fooling around so you dont get bored waiting

I think a cool idea for multiplayer would be to not have it be a buggy frequently crashing mess that wipes progress and temp bans you every time it crashes.

adsadsads said:
I think a cool idea for multiplayer would be to not have it be a buggy frequently crashing mess that wipes progress and temp bans you every time it crashes.
Just stop using the trainer and you’ll be fine

So on Friday of Rally GB our suspension completely collapsed at the front due to how rough stage 3 was. Towards the end we got caught by a DS3 R3, and this is what happens (contains some swearing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWR8mAthB4o&feature=youtu.be

So that's how that DS3 R3 ended up in that ditch! I was wondering how that had happened while watching WRC-All Live. What car were you running?

Benniz said:
So that's how that DS3 R3 ended up in that ditch! I was wondering how that had happened while watching WRC-All Live. What car were you running?
Were they still there for the internationals?! We were car 256 in the national event. This stage was ran first for the internationals, then us on the national, then a second international. I thought that they would have recovered them!

Benniz said:
Same. Looked like a pretty silly accident to be honest.  :'(

mats27 said:
Benniz said:
We had been going slow because the car was damaged. We’re not sure if they had been stuck behind us for a little while and they might have been frustrated. But I think we would have noticed if they had been behind us for a long time

mats27 said:
Benniz said:
We had been going slow because the car was damaged. We’re not sure if they had been stuck behind us for a little while and they might have been frustrated. But I think we would have noticed if they had been behind us for a long time
Looked good. Put some more on boards up! Perhaps when all four corners of the motor are intact

DiRT Facebook page just shared these wallpapers: https://imgur.com/a/OdF9I8G

@ChristinaMc any chance for 4K versions of this? For DiRT Rally we got 2560×2560 wallpapers, which I'm still using on my phone.
But this mobile wallpaper is just 700×1120 :(