F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Yay, I'm logged in again :)
Was I the only one with login issues on these forums during the last week?

I like the way they used trhe same Dirt Rally codriver technique for incoming 2.0, with some refinement. But moreover, as the non native english speaker, I LOVE to hear that they use the same technique for french !! Iä wonder which co-driver they invite for french :) (Daniel Elena ? :P)

Nice to see the localisations will have true co-drivers as well (well, at least some). They'll finally stop translating "crest" as "crête". :D

Oh yes, a real german copilot from launch :)  No more "links 2" calls, when the english actually said "right 2".  So I can actually retrain and drive with german pacenotes in February. And a sweet female voice even

Question to the guys who have played the new game. Can you feel the tyres digging on the surface like in dirt rally? I think that was one of the important things that made dirt rally good and dirt 4 not so good.

Some sexy oversteer slides happening here. And what seems to be Australia, is looking gorgeous.

Also, Phil Mills looking very proper while co-driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COcVLlygtjM&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=hSwR1bYDusiKlD8v%3A6

Zoz74 said:
I like the way they used trhe same Dirt Rally codriver technique for incoming 2.0, with some refinement. But moreover, as the non native english speaker, I LOVE to hear that they use the same technique for french !! Iä wonder which co-driver they invite for french :) (Daniel Elena ? :P)
The French recording sessions begin next week, so stay tuned! I'll try and snap some pics. ;) 

Jiihaa said:
Question to the guys who have played the new game. Can you feel the tyres digging on the surface like in dirt rally? I think that was one of the important things that made dirt rally good and dirt 4 not so good.
Yup

Zoz74 said:
The French recording sessions begin next week, so stay tuned! I'll try and snap some pics. ;) 
Tres bon. 

No Jen Horsey this time?

She was excellent in Dirt 4. American accent is easier on my ears, and a female voice cuts through the mix a little better.

Still, can't complain with a world champion reading me notes.

Some sexy oversteer slides happening here. And what seems to be Australia, is looking gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COcVLlygtjM&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=hSwR1bYDusiKlD8v%3A6
YES, i see some rules 2015.  :o

SkyRex said:
Yay, I'm logged in again :)
Nope I can't login on mobile so I have to wait till I get home to answer

WE NEED THIS AS A SPECTATOR VIEW IN 2.0.

Seriously, imagine being able to "ride shotgun" with a streamer or a buddy who is absolutely hauling ass through a stage. It's one thing to just their exact screen mirrored, but imagine if both driver and rider had VR. It would be wild.

And i do love how they make him rerun the same stages under more and more stress, really adds to those callouts and helps you know that you're going fast enough to even scare the piss out of your codriver. Now if only we could bump that rating up a bit and get some really authentic lines for when you roll into some bushes and DNF...

SkyRex said:
Some issues for me aswell, to log through PC. I can only get in after hitting " regist "

tbtstt said:
Zoz74 said:
Tres bon. 
Trop bon, faut emmener les baguettes pour en célébrer :smile:

Darhour said:
tbtstt said:
Zoz74 said:
Tres bon. 
https://youtu.be/8nW3-9gdjYA

Darhour said:
tbtstt said:
Zoz74 said:
Tres bon. 
https://youtu.be/EuXdhow3uqQ

Zoz74 said:
That is, again, some great news :) Thanks for the stolen pics :p

Zoz74 said:
Darhour said:
tbtstt said:
Zoz74 said:
Tres bon. 
https://youtu.be/EuXdhow3uqQ
French Fries  :D

Really nice to see aspects of the game that suffered a lot in D4 getting lots of love and attention to make them as awesome as possible. 

Given that we are yet to see any official response with regards to the return of Dirtfish do we think that isn't going to be making a return in DR2.0?

tbtstt said:
Given that we are yet to see any official response with regards to the return of Dirtfish do we think that isn't going to be making a return in DR2.0?
I would like to see that area get expanded so we have a few stage kilometers to play with as well.

Personally I'd like to see team management come back. And we should be able to select any co-driver and spotter, no matter the game's language, like in DiRT 4.

i didnt gel with the team management part of dirt 4 thought it was not needed. filler. i want to rally. thats it. select car event GO! i do see how others might like it. just dont make it effect the game. one of the biggest things with the world championships and dirt 4 you couldnt access certain settings without having unlocked them for the cars. not well thought out.

if the Dirtfish or whatever is added just make sure it works or has a purpose.

dgeesi0 said:
i didnt gel with the team management part of dirt 4 thought it was not needed. filler. i want to rally. thats it. select car event GO! i do see how others might like it. just dont make it effect the game. one of the biggest things with the world championships and dirt 4 you couldnt access certain settings without having unlocked them for the cars. not well thought out.
Yeah, I'm the same. I know some people enjoyed it, but I found constantly having to renew contracts and sponsors every few races quite irritating.