F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

My problem was that they didn't do it right. It was a way to easy to upgrade the cars. The livery editor was not good at all. And there was no sense of immersion regarding your opponents. I want to know who is good at each surface. Which team has the best budget. Stuff like that. Just like VRally 3 or Richard burns rally. It really helps making you feel part of the actual championship. Hell DR was better than D4 in that regard because you could get a feel for your opponents by racing them.

dgeesi0 said:
i didnt gel with the team management part of dirt 4 thought it was not needed. 

And there was no sense of immersion regarding your opponents. I want to know who is good at each surface. Which team has the best budget. Stuff like that. Just like VRally 3 or Richard burns rally. It really helps making you feel part of the actual championship. Hell DR was better than D4 in that regard because you could get a feel for your opponents by racing them.

So glad to hear you guys say that, I felt very much the same way. A good mode, such as RBR's, would be more than welcome (where opponents had personalities [editable ones too]) but otherwise I'd rather have DR's opponent settings than D4's, which were immersion-breaking rather than making (every rally being either me or Alvarez, regardless of what class or where in the world).

I found Alvarez being up to 1min+ faster or slower in the same car on the same stage just based on what I was driving the worst.

tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
i didnt gel with the team management part of dirt 4 thought it was not needed. filler. i want to rally. thats it. select car event GO! i do see how others might like it. just dont make it effect the game. one of the biggest things with the world championships and dirt 4 you couldnt access certain settings without having unlocked them for the cars. not well thought out.
Yeah, I'm the same. I know some people enjoyed it, but I found constantly having to renew contracts and sponsors every few races quite irritating. 
I'm not up on it, but why would you as a driver have to constantly make licensing deals and contracts all the time? Aren't their managers for that sort of thing?

JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
i didnt gel with the team management part of dirt 4 thought it was not needed. filler. i want to rally. thats it. select car event GO! i do see how others might like it. just dont make it effect the game. one of the biggest things with the world championships and dirt 4 you couldnt access certain settings without having unlocked them for the cars. not well thought out.
Yeah, I'm the same. I know some people enjoyed it, but I found constantly having to renew contracts and sponsors every few races quite irritating. 
I'm not up on it, but why would you as a driver have to constantly make licensing deals and contracts all the time? Aren't their managers for that sort of thing?
The idea is that you're your own team director. It's not really important, but it gave you something to work towards other than just buying more and more cars.

Oscar97 said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
The idea is that you're your own team director. It's not really important, but it gave you something to work towards other than just buying more and more cars.
Yeah, I can understand the intention, I would have just preferred if you could pick your team and sponsors and have them on an indefinite contract. So if you want to keep looking for better staff/sponsors you can, but if you just want to sort a team and then carry on racing you haven't got to keep going back and picking the same engineers again and changing sponsors. 

tbtstt said:
Oscar97 said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
Yeah, I can understand the intention, I would have just preferred if you could pick your team and sponsors and have them on an indefinite contract. So if you want to keep looking for better staff/sponsors you can, but if you just want to sort a team and then carry on racing you haven't got to keep going back and picking the same engineers again and changing sponsors. 
Yeah, I don't see Ken Block leaving Monster or DC anytime soon.
Bring back Block.

tbtstt said:
Oscar97 said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
Well, renewing contracts definitely isn't the funniest thing to do. They could remove that entirely.

Oscar97 said:
tbtstt said:
Oscar97 said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
Well, renewing contracts definitely isn't the funniest thing to do. They could remove that entirely.
Funny how? Like Haha funny? Funny like a clown?

JZStudios said:
Oscar97 said:
tbtstt said:
Oscar97 said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
Funny how? Like Haha funny? Funny like a clown?
Yes. Renewing contracts are as funny as a clown. 

I think a team management can work. But rather work with seasons/championships/tier based

Tier 1
- Maximum weekends that you can do in one season are 8 weekends. So for example you can do a championship of 5 rounds and choose if you do 1, or 2, or 3 extra guest entries somewhere and if you can find budget for that. 
Tier 2
- Maximum weekends that you can do in one season are 10 weekends.
Tier 3.
Etc. 

- Team personnel you give a contract for a season or multiple seasons. So not that in the middle of an event is gone. If you do multiple championships you might need to get more personnel, or hire personnal for an event or two if the capacity is not enough. 
- Based on type of car, championships, reputation you can hire better personal. A top mechanic want to work on a WRC / WRX Supercar, instead of 2wd R2 Fiesta. But if you have a good reputation, good performances on track, maybe a top mechanic want to work with you in the RX S1600. 
- A sponsor can be for a season or championship. After the season your sponsor is happy and want to invest more or if not happy, could leave. For the guest entry in a other championship you might be able to look for an event sponsor. 

One thing that never made sense to me in DiRT 4 was that after the sponsor contract had expired, there was no way to renew it... IRL we see teams having the same sponsors for years and even drivers carrying their personal sponsors wherever they go (like Ogier with RedBull I think). In D4 after 6 events that was it

carpa said:
One thing that never made sense to me in DiRT 4 was that after the sponsor contract had expired, there was no way to renew it... IRL we see teams having the same sponsors for years and even drivers carrying their personal sponsors wherever they go (like Ogier with RedBull I think). In D4 after 6 events that was it
Yep, that's exactly my point. You could apply a livery to the car and arrange your sponsors to all look good, then five or seven events later, you lost them. 

Anyone else having issues signing into the forum on mobile using Steam login?
Yep, me too. Using ANY tipe of login, to be honest...

Accro2008 said:
Little rumor going around on a french rally forum from a well known codriver.

Apparently Luis Moya (Sainz codriver) will be in charge of the notes in spanish.
And Stephane Prévot (codriver of Atkinson, Duval and a lot of other official drivers) for the notes in french

Looks like the infos were right, Stephane Prévot for french codriver :
 https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1051871025603010560

JorritVD said:
I think a team management can work. But rather work with seasons/championships/tier based

Tier 1
- Maximum weekends that you can do in one season are 8 weekends. So for example you can do a championship of 5 rounds and choose if you do 1, or 2, or 3 extra guest entries somewhere and if you can find budget for that. 
Tier 2
Tier 3.
Etc. 

- Team personnel you give a contract for a season or multiple seasons. So not that in the middle of an event is gone. If you do multiple championships you might need to get more personnel, or hire personnal for an event or two if the capacity is not enough. 
- Based on type of car, championships, reputation you can hire better personal. A top mechanic want to work on a WRC / WRX Supercar, instead of 2wd R2 Fiesta. But if you have a good reputation, good performances on track, maybe a top mechanic want to work with you in the RX S1600. 
- A sponsor can be for a season or championship. After the season your sponsor is happy and want to invest more or if not happy, could leave. For the guest entry in a other championship you might be able to look for an event sponsor. 
What if they made it so if you keep changing the setup of your car or break it too much the mechanic just gets pissed and starts shouting, drinking heavily, throwing things around and then walks out mid event?

JZStudios said:
JorritVD said:

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3.
Etc. 

What if they made it so if you keep changing the setup of your car or break it too much the mechanic just gets **** and starts shouting, drinking heavily, throwing things around and then walks out mid event?
Well... I've never walked out of an event :D

Evilsmurf said:
JZStudios said:
JorritVD said:

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3.
Etc. 

What if they made it so if you keep changing the setup of your car or break it too much the mechanic just gets **** and starts shouting, drinking heavily, throwing things around and then walks out mid event?
Well... I've never walked out of an event :D
What if they brought you the wrong kind of snacks?

carpa said:
I know this is not the Forum Login Suppor thread, but I had problems with login too for some time, until I realised where I should click after I log in. Here is a screenshot. I just kept clicking the "Sign in" button.

I'm staying logged in on my phone but can't login from desktop. Will try that as soon as I can.

PS. I hate writing on phone with all my heart. Quoting is literally impossible

versedi said:
I'm staying logged in on my phone but can't login from desktop. Will try that as soon as I can.

It's been like that for years... quoting in this forum is a pain in the ass. Why don't they give us simply quotation marks based code like <quote> and </quote> it would be much more easier.

jayp666 said:
versedi said:

It's been like that for years... quoting in this forum is a pain in the ass. Why don't they give us simply quotation marks based code like <quote> and </quote> it would be much more easier.

Ehmm... you know you can press the code button "" and you get full tags?

JLUO said:
carpa said:
I know this is not the Forum Login Suppor thread, but I had problems with login too for some time, until I realised where I should click after I log in. Here is a screenshot. I just kept clicking the "Sign in" button.

This worked on my phone, set Chrome/your browser to view Desktop site and try that link.