DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

JLUO said:
carpa said:
Anyone else having issues signing into the forum on mobile using Steam login?
Yep, me too. Using ANY tipe of login, to be honest...
I know this is not the Forum Login Suppor thread, but I had problems with login too for some time, until I realised where I should click after I log in. Here is a screenshot. I just kept clicking the "Sign in" button.

This worked on my phone, set Chrome/your browser to view Desktop site and try that link.
Ah thank you, didn’t know you could do that! I’m back on at last!

JLUO said:
carpa said:
Anyone else having issues signing into the forum on mobile using Steam login?
Yep, me too. Using ANY tipe of login, to be honest...
I know this is not the Forum Login Suppor thread, but I had problems with login too for some time, until I realised where I should click after I log in. Here is a screenshot. I just kept clicking the "Sign in" button.

Exactly same thing is happening with me, in the last ~2 weeks, logging through desktop. After signing in, to REALLY get logged in, i need to hit that "Sign in with Accounts".

Dytut said:
jayp666 said:
versedi said:
I'm staying logged in on my phone but can't login from desktop. Will try that as soon as I can.

PS. I hate writing on phone with all my heart. Quoting is literally impossible
It's been like that for years... quoting in this forum is a pain in the ass. Why don't they give us simply quotation marks based code like <quote> and </quote> it would be much more easier.

Ehmm... you know you can press the code button "" and you get full tags?
You don't on mobile view.

Yes, the Golf GTI.                                                         
Aw, no scoop then ?

Dirt Rally 2.0 Part 5: PC Gameplay New Zealand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTyOD07UJMg&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=bqiZ2rmQs6ydiHIq%3A6

(Psssst. Login issues have been resolved! You should all be able to DiRTy Gossip on all your devices again.)
I still can't login to my account Rallystu86 #sadface

Very much looking forward to seeing the other locations. Hopefully they start covering that soon. I'm guessing they're revealing 1 aspect of the game per month so this month will be covering initial release stuff and then next month hopefully locations etc

I am sure a complete car list will be revealed only very close to launch, since licenses and codies history shows these come in at the 11th hour.  

gfRally said:
I am sure a complete car list will be revealed only very close to launch, since licenses and codies history shows these come in at the 11th hour.  
Yea I'm not as fussed about car list as locations atm. I want to see stages and length of unique miles per event. Car list is something I'll be interested in after Ive eaten the meat and chewed the fat

gfRally said:
Yeah: hopefully we get a few hints at cars in the meantime though!

@urgaffel a random thought:   If you wreck your engine internally it would be cool to have blue smoke from the exhaust to show there is a problem.  I imagine this would show up better  on tarmac stages. 

gfRally said:
@urgaffel a random thought:   If you wreck your engine internally it would be cool to have blue smoke from the exhaust to show there is a problem.  I imagine this would show up better  on tarmac stages. 
Oil spraying up on the windscreen... yum.

gfRally said:
That's a good suggestion. Might already be in the pile of things we're looking at, not sure. No promises either way :D 

#NoBlueSmokeNoBuy                                                                                         

gfRally said:
Blue one is oil in the cylinders... so we also need white (coolant in the cylinders -- blown head gasket) and black (overly rich mix, mostly due to intake/exhaust problems).

I'd rather them focus on making a solid rally game as opposed to a internal combustion engine diagnostics simulator. Plus I play cockpit view anyway so blue black or white smoke doesn't necessarily appeal. 
I'd sooner see a spring poking through the bonnet of a car after sticking a wheel in a big hole. 

Rallystu2 said:
I'd rather them focus on making a solid rally game as opposed to a internal combustion engine diagnostics simulator. Plus I play cockpit view anyway so blue black or white smoke doesn't necessarily appeal. 
I'd sooner see a spring poking through the bonnet of a car after sticking a wheel in a big hole. 
I agree, it's more rational to concentrate team efforts on 'meat and bones' of rallying... but I still love those little things that make the game more immersive. And in historical rally -- which is my main interest -- overcoming various technical failures is an integral part of the experience. :)

Rallystu2 said:
It's not like everyone making the game is only focusing on one thing. Making a solid rally game and adding damage effects or whatever aren't mutually exclusive.

Didzis said:
Rallystu2 said:
It's not like everyone making the game is only focusing on one thing. Making a solid rally game and adding damage effects or whatever aren't mutually exclusive.
Obviously, however I'd rather time and effort spent on more ''constant' and persistent effects. Weather , dust etc. And you wouldn't have people working on just smoke. They would be diverting resources from elsewhere. 
Either way I welcome any additional effects. I just think exhaust smoke is quite far down the list for me.