DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

gfRally said:
All this time Seb Loeb has Secretly been posing as Porkhammer and this finally proves it.  He wants to watch himself over and over again.  

i just bought v-rally 4 hahahahahah                                      

gfRally said:
All this time Seb Loeb has Secretly been posing as Porkhammer and this finally proves it.  He wants to watch himself over and over again.  

It's kinda funny that Alfons' dad is actually supposed to be like in his 30's.

Haha...
Anyway. V-Rally 4 is actually ... kinda ... good. I am enjoying it. Definitely 1000 times better handling than WRC 7! And it is not locked at 30 fps. :D

Onboard for Paddon at Finland was pretty sick. Great angle for highlighting footwork:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMIKuS2Bz1k

ideally the winderscreen view would be higher. its still got the letterbox view. its great seeing whats going off in the car but if you cant see whats going off outside and outside is obviously more important then its pointless.

edgenz said:
Onboard for Paddon at Finland was pretty sick. Great angle for highlighting footwork:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMIKuS2Bz1k
It's a cool effect kinda camera, but I wouldn't want all cams to be like this. Feels like it's a fish eye lens, exaggerating sense of speed and you hardly see the road at all. 

ideally you want half seeing outside half inside.look at the video and the window screen amount of the cam. its about ten percent of the overall cam.90 percent inside.thats from a inside cam. it still puzzles me why one of the most important things from a watching point of view that someone doesnt get this dialed in. if people want the sport and games side to grow .viewing it is a massive priority. yet so often onboards are mostly terrible.

Rallystu2 said:
@RallyDriven I've already got my copy of red dead so nerrr
Lucky! So have I technically since I got it digitally, but it doesn’t unlock until midnight. I don’t have work tomorrow so incredibly debating whether to stay up tonight and play for a little or just play tomorrow

Rallystu2 said:
Lucky! So have I technically since I got it digitally, but it doesn’t unlock until midnight. I don’t have work tomorrow so incredibly debating whether to stay up tonight and play for a little or just play tomorrow
We all know what you're going to choose  >:)

Rallystu2 said:
So do I haha! The first was one of my favourite games I’ve ever played and I can’t wait to be a rootin tootin cowboy shooter again!

Rallystu2 said:
So do I haha! The first was one of my favourite games I’ve ever played and I can’t wait to be a rootin tootin cowboy shooter again!
Well I'm currently playing through the prologue . I recommend staying up and playing straight away. Boy it sure is purdy

I didn't finish the first one but I came to it really late, only got a PS3 when GTA V came out. Held off on this one for the moment but will probably get it in a couple of weeks. Hoping for a Westworld easter egg lol

dgeesi0 said:
ideally you want half seeing outside half inside.look at the video and the window screen amount of the cam. its about ten percent of the overall cam.90 percent inside.thats from a inside cam. it still puzzles me why one of the most important things from a watching point of view that someone doesnt get this dialed in. if people want the sport and games side to grow .viewing it is a massive priority. yet so often onboards are mostly terrible.
I imagine the main issues are the limited number of places you can safely position a camera inside the car, and the generally fixed wide-angle lenses on the cameras typically used. For a majority "outside" view the camera would basically have to be hanging half way down the windscreen and would obstruct the driver's view.

I suspect the only good solution would be to combine the output from two cameras, instead of trying to force a compromise from a single camera.

Looks like we will be getting some Spanish tarmac gameplay soon according to dirt’s Instagram 
Perfect for this weekend! 

I just took an R5 for a spin on tarmac. It feels much better than both DR and D4  B)

It was approximately half an hour last night before I put my horse on its roof, so im about as good at red dead as I am at dirt!