DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Looks good. Numberplate says GRS 2019. I hope the classes now have all the same style numberplate, instead of the different types on different positions.

Areyouben said:
Dutch stages trough the Polders would be awesome tho, narrow and fast. Make it mixed surface (As a lot of Dutch rallies are) with asphalt, gravel and mud, run all that in tarmac spec cars and you have a pretty cool event I'd say. :smiley:
I know I'm from the Netherlands, maybe a stage like achtmaal de hel(the Hell)? would be awesome imo

Looks nice, hope it sounds as good. Fingers crossed it gets a Group 4 aunt at some point too.

Will be interesting to see if GTs can get close to R5s on tarmac.

@RallyDriven  yes, I noticed them too.. They just think that rallying is WRC only, sadly.

I got that too from pointing out the GRS logo on the car. I’m honestly sick of wrc callendars in non wrc rallygames. It ends up with every rally game being in the same locations. While having mostly wrc locations in DR2 it works betyer because the locations are a bit more unconventional

Job3k said:
Looks very noice  Rating it 9/11. Gameplay pls ????
@ChristinaMc may i ask, is this livery made by hand, or its new livery pattern from myteam?

So the 'CMR' licence plate isn't the real one obviously (assuming it's Tuthill's 997), NP seems a 'random' choice of UK numberplate (it being Stockton up near Newcastle).

Job3k said:
@ChristinaMc may i ask, is this livery made by hand, or its new livery pattern from myteam?
This is a bespoke livery. :)

Job3k said:
Will there be more bespoke liveries in DR2? The liveries were really lacking in DiRT4 with some exceptions.

Best, with asphalt wheel jejejeje.... According to the CM history in sounds, it will be the bestsound reproduction of a "911". 

Job3k said:
Will there be more bespoke liveries in DR2? The liveries were really lacking in DiRT4 with some exceptions.
I wouldn't mind more bespoke liveries but I don't think, after taking the time to develop a full blown in-engine livery creator, that they're not going to use it make the default liveries and save time that can be used elsewhere. The Ford Fiesta R5 will return with the bespoke WD-40 livery and a new Sabelt livery, almost certainly done with the editor.

Well, the problem was that the livery editor wasn't that good. I never managed to get the livery the way I wanted and the other liveries using it just felt lazy

Right, that was actually a PITA for them, having to make sure all the purchased sponsors (rights to) would fit with the presets, they're not random.

What do you guys think? They'll use the editor again or do more custom liveries? Speaking of custom liveries, even if we picked a default livery, we would still get our name and the co-pilot's name on the car. I would like to know if we have a place where we can choose the nationality and name of both driver and co-driver that we want displayed on the side.

What do you guys think? They'll use the editor again or do more custom liveries? Speaking of custom liveries, even if we picked a default livery, we would still get our name and the co-pilot's name on the car. I would like to know if we have a place where we can choose the nationality and name of both driver and co-driver that we want displayed on the side.
Yes, please! Like in SLRE: choose driver and co-driver name and nationality, and customize the license plate. Those are small details but go a long way for immersion and personalization.

Like this:

I also loved the fact that the side door plate changed depending on which rally you were in. I just really want the numbers on the sides to be consistent for all liveries. To help create a believable championship. I wouldn't mind having the same graphic over all rallies. I just want some consistency

I thought I was the only one bothered by things like that, but agreed, please make them consistent across the cars; it bothers me more than it should in Project CARS and Raceroom. I'd also favour country by country, but just per series is fine. In my ideal world, numbers would be done on seeding somehow, but I accept that's probably unlikely.

More bespoke liveries would also be nice; there are plenty of nice Hyundai and Ford R5s out there in national championships.

@ChristinaMc Are you able to please confirm that we'll be able to create and use our own modified liveries without causing any game-save or online issues?
Eg the same process from Dirt 4 for using modified liveries will apply in Dirt Rally 2.0?
https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/968865726340714498