F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I'd welcome the return of the editor, and wouldn't mind if it was more powerful and/or had more patterns. Sometimes I'd get a livery to look great on a hatchback but it wouldn't look so hot on a sedan.
That said, D4's editor can be used to pretty good effect if you're clever enough. The number of recognizable liveries here still impresses me:
https://twitter.com/Northlander74/status/919482145734832128

edgenz said:
@ChristinaMc Are you able to please confirm that we'll be able to create and use our own modified liveries without causing any game-save or online issues?
Eg the same process from Dirt 4 for using modified liveries will apply in Dirt Rally 2.0?
I wonder what licencing terms regarding liveries does Kunos have? As they're actually encouraging livery creation by having skin templates in the Assetto Corsa game files. And you can easily add new liveries without having to replace anything. I wish Codies did something like that

And, of course, the Forza games allow any liveries to be made and shared in game!
As does GT Sport. 

But I think the Forza and GT editors are way beyond anything Codemasters could put together. It would be a waste of resources. I would rather see that effort put into Your Stage 2.0 or 1000km of stages. 

And, of course, the Forza games allow any liveries to be made and shared in game!

Forza's livery system is so dope, I wish other games had it down as well as that.

I want to see a proper livery creation system as well as handling sharing but done the way of Dirt Rally with the Steam Workshop, the way D4 did it was very restrictive as you could only share with friends. I imagine it was a console limitation and was translated to PC whereas DR was PC first so had the workshop first.

autoclubrevolution had a very good one years ago. had literally all the licenses . basically you brought a car went to mechanics and it was in 3d you could put the car whichever way you want put whatever you wanted on it.

My team is gonna be named #NoVRnoBuy Rally Team

NVRNBRT

Livery is going to contain of mainly tears. 

Need for Speed's livery editor is pretty good because you can put vinyls on the windows.

Maybe a bit offtopic
I really liked the livery of that Porsche 911 RGT, so I recreated it in Assetto Corsa :)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-gt3-cup-2017-dirt-rally-2-0-livery.23864/

This is one of those things that I begged for after DR and we got something in D4.  While it was a good effort and what @dwkGravey posted is a great example, it just never felt satisfying.  So if this is the best we would get, I'd rather time be put into other aspects of the game.  Let us make and add our own liveries via templates in photoshop and allow for many skins to choose in game.  

If nothing more than user made skins and game generated window names/flags that would be good enough.   

Need more time spent on effects and that REPLAY system needs to go, please, refresh this, PLEASE (dying call for help voice)

gfRally said:
that REPLAY system needs to go, please, refresh this, PLEASE (dying call for help voice)
+1
#NoNewReplaySystemNoBuy

Emm. Maybe this hashtag hysteria needs to end.. 

gfRally said:
This is one of those things that I begged for after DR and we got something in D4.  While it was a good effort and what @dwkGravey posted is a great example, it just never felt satisfying.  So if this is the best we would get, I'd rather time be put into other aspects of the game.  Let us make and add our own liveries via templates in photoshop and allow for many skins to choose in game.  

If nothing more than user made skins and game generated window names/flags that would be good enough.   

Need more time spent on effects and that REPLAY system needs to go, please, refresh this, PLEASE (dying call for help voice)
Not everyone has a pc and can do that! I really like the livery editor, even if it’s as simple as dirt  4. It makes the car and team feel more like it’s yours

bogani said:
gfRally said:
that REPLAY system needs to go, please, refresh this, PLEASE (dying call for help voice)
+1
#NoNewReplaySystemNoBuy

Emm. Maybe this hashtag hysteria needs to end.. 
#NoHashtagHysteriaNoBuy
Sorry, couldn't resist :D
#SorryNotSorry

Yeah I kind of liked the D4 livery editor. Simple and effective.

BTW, have we seen anything about damage models in 2.0? I'd love to be able to set it to realistic levels so we'd really need to fear the cuts. Both DR and D4 were waaaaaaay too nice with the damage, going off wasn't anywhere near scary except for the time loss. Old mode would be nice for the casual crowd, but I'd love a hardcore mode for leagues and dailies.