DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:
Also Doran entered his DS3 at ARX Silverstone. So overall competed in all WRX, ERX and ARX. 

I have the feeling licensing for Rallycross became a bit easier. Maybe IMG changed the entry regulations a bit, if compete than automatic giving approval to IMG to represent in a game, in this case to DR2
Be great if that was the case as that would also give us the Ibiza again. 
If that were the case, I'm pretty sure it could only be for manufacturer entries; a privately built entrant would no way confer the rights to a car's original chassis manufacturer.

Anyone else seen DiRTs Instagram story today? Can’t work out what country it is. Possibly Poland? 
It's Poland for sure. Very narrow roads with a good portion of vegetation and long straights. What really amazes me is the 11:30 current split time. Feels like it'll be a 20 km+ stage and that would be awesome.

here the two video of the Porsche at looks like Polish stages. calm driving, look like a recce

Anyone else seen DiRTs Instagram story today? Can’t work out what country it is. Possibly Poland? 
It's Poland for sure. Very narrow roads with a good portion of vegetation and long straights. What really amazes me is the 11:30 current split time. Feels like it'll be a 20 km+ stage and that would be awesome.
May have just been parked for 5 mins. Looking at stage lengths of the NZ (~12km) and Argentina (~8km) I wouldn't expect anything radically different in that regard.

Edit: especially if done for a recce!

Flykas said:
Yeah, reminds of Poland with extra widened roads. 
Judging the width of the road from those vids are quite hard. We have no idea what FOV is being used either or what IRL stage it's based on. 

Edit: Okay, I was wrong, it doesn't seem to be Baranowo. Still searching through onboards. Just gotta find the proper exit with not that much trees out of that square right. There aren't that many in Rally Poland which aren't an intersection. 6:37 is similar in video below but the road further doesn't match.

Worth watching Latvala flying over Baranowo last year:
https://youtu.be/N38purMOJME

Great job in the art department.

versedi said:

But that is still New Zealand isn't it? Looks very similar to the end of the stage they have shown. Maybe it's another stage in NZ.
For Poland it looks a little to "hilly"... If I'm correct, Rally Poland is held in the north, close to the border to Königsberg, isn't it? That is a very very flat landscape there, part of the great northern european plain. Something like in the picture would be considered a mountain there.

SkyRex said:
versedi said:

But that is still New Zealand isn't it? Looks very similar to the end of the stage they have shown. Maybe it's another stage in NZ.
For Poland it looks a little to "hilly"... If I'm correct, Rally Poland is held in the north, close to the border to Königsberg, isn't it? That is a very very flat landscape there, part of the great northern european plain. Something like in the picture would be considered a mountain there.
Oh, I wasn't saying that's Poland in that picture - that was second part of my post unrelated to my searching for the stage on that vid :)  Sorry for confusion :D Thought now that you've mentioned it... I'm confused as hell :D

As for the flat - it isn't as flat as you'd imagine in Poland - the area in which Rally Poland is quite diverse - there are indeed hills and and lakes and also sandy flat parts, see description belowq:.

The landscape of the Masurian Lake District is the result of the glacier and post-glacial waters that once covered this area. In the landscape there are particularly undulating post-glacial hills, frontal moraine hills, a large number of gutter lakes and moraine lakes, as well as valleys which were once flooded with fluvioglacial waters. Such a landscape is complemented with kami hills, drumlins, ozes and moraines of dead ice. The northern part of the Lake District is a vast flat area covered with clays and silts. On the other hand, the farthest south of the Lake District can be found flat sandy surfaces, called sandras, stretching in a large area - in the form of inflow cones plotted by waters flowing out from under the melting glacier.

versedi said:
Edit: Okay, I was wrong, it doesn't seem to be Baranowo. Still searching through onboards. Just gotta find the proper exit with not that much trees out of that square right. There aren't that many in Rally Poland which aren't an intersection. 6:37 is similar in video below but the road further doesn't match.

Well, you have to consider even if the stage was used in WRC the footage from DiRT could be in the opposite direction

kheiro said:
Why haven't we seen very tight track so far in dirt rally 2.0 like DR1???
Erm, Argentina doesn't look very wide.

New Zealand, Spain, Poland stages are famously wide.

Australia could go either way.

We'll likely not see US stages for a while.

There's no location in this game as famously narrow and twisty as the Monte Carlo Alpine stages.

versedi said:

Great job in the art department.

They are not carbon copies either so some freedom might have been taken designing the stage. 

SkyRex said:
versedi said:

Could also be Australia imo.

Edit: Confirmed on Jon's Instagram its NZ! 

Rallystu2 said:
I think Ulster or circuit of Ireland tarmac rallies would be a great addition
Any Irish tarmac would be great in my opinion: it's been on rally game wishlist for many years!

I agree though I'm not familiar with the rest of the Irish tarmac championship rallies. Ulster has some amazing roads lined with hedges, walls , muddy apex' s and plenty of lumps n bumps. It would be a great challenge.

kheiro said:
Because in a lot of things dr2 is more dirt4 as dr1
Please elaborate further how you come to that conclusion? 

bogani said:u
kheiro said:
Because in a lot of things dr2 is more dirt4 as dr1
Please elaborate further how you come to that conclusion? 
It is how I see things, maybe reality is else or a mix.

Tracks look more like dirt4, graphics (light level) look more like dirt4. Cartypes are like dirt4.

Not that is bad as long as physics are NOT like dirt4.

Is this from DR, D4, or a sneak peek at DR2? @ChristinaMc posted it on Twitter earlier with “I feel as cold as this @dirtgame screenshot looks.”

I guess it it could be Sweden, been a while since I drove there in DR or D4.