F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

afahoy said:
Is this from DR, D4, or a sneak peek at DR2? @ChristinaMc posted it on Twitter earlier with “I feel as cold as this @dirtgame screenshot looks.”

I guess it it could be Sweden, been a while since I drove there in DR or D4.

It's Dirt Rally. She's gotten herself a wheel and is rediscovering  DR I believe :)

bogani said:
afahoy said:
Is this from DR, D4, or a sneak peek at DR2? @ChristinaMc posted it on Twitter earlier with “I feel as cold as this @dirtgame screenshot looks.”

It's Dirt Rally. She's gotten herself a wheel and is rediscovering  DR I believe :)
Correct! Me and my T150 are best buds with DR at the moment. And also Photoshop. :D

for those interested the t150 was on offer for £100 last few days aswell. which is a great cheap wheel. ;)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/thrustmaster-t150-ferrari-edition-force-feedback-racing-wheel-for-ps4ps3pc-10999-smyths-3109448

bogani said:
afahoy said:

(Re-)Jumping in at the deep end with that car then ?

best car to be driving though B)                                  

dgeesi0 said:
for those interested the t150 was on offer for £100 last few days aswell. which is a great cheap wheel. ;)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/thrustmaster-t150-ferrari-edition-force-feedback-racing-wheel-for-ps4ps3pc-10999-smyths-3109448

Damn, that's not silly expensive. Might be time for me to make the jump to a wheel...

tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:

Damn, that's not silly expensive. Might be time for me to make the jump to a wheel...
Do it! 

Oh, if it is a jump from a gamepad to a wheel then definitely go for it

tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:

Go for it! Join us!

Fingers crossed you're looking for places to add the loose snow for adding those stages to DR2.0

Anyone that can deal with the 205 on snow is a darn sight braver than I...

Sorry, but the R5 is such a blast  to drive! It's completely lifeless in D4 in comparison  o:)

bogani said:
Sorry, but the R5 is such a blast  to drive! It's completely lifeless in D4 in comparison  o:)
Which one?  B) B) B)

I'm guessing he means the Renault, seeing as D4 is the only one with the R5 class.

And, if so, he's right; RWD in DR1 was infinitely better than in D4; it was scary. It required care.

Thinking about this earlier got me concerned about the AI we've seen so far. Part of what make DR the famous challenge that it was was just how strong the AI is and that any win felt like you'd really pulled something special. This was lost in D4 too IMO and I couldn't help but note the slow AI times in the videos we've seen so far - please bring back the 'near WR' level AI for DR2.

The myth says AI times were sometimes picked from players best times according to your skill.

I'm guessing he means the Renault, seeing as D4 is the only one with the R5 class.

And, if so, he's right; RWD in DR1 was infinitely better than in D4; it was scary. It required care.

Thinking about this earlier got me concerned about the AI we've seen so far. Part of what make DR the famous challenge that it was was just how strong the AI is and that any win felt like you'd really pulled something special. This was lost in D4 too IMO and I couldn't help but note the slow AI times in the videos we've seen so far - please bring back the 'near WR' level AI for DR2.
Nope, I meant the actual R5 class  ;)

bogani said:

I second that. It's amazing to drive, and super fun to chuck around corners.

Completely agree. I was happy a lot of the time to get a top 3 stage time, as long as I was consistent across the whole rally. This made it really feel like a battle throughout the whole rally, trading top times and such.

In contrast, D4's biggest challenges came from the sponsor requirements. No sense of actual rivalry with the AI.

I don't want any mercy from the AI. Lets get this to be the "Dark Souls of racing games" again.

bogani said:

Oh yeah. I forgot you were one of 'them'  :|

Well, good to know. Also, I stick to my point about the Renault 5 being better in DR than D4 :P

bogani said:

Well, good to know. Also, I stick to my point about the Renault 5 being better in DR than D4 :P
Oh def, to me RWD was the biggest disappointment in D4 since DR was the first time a RWD car actually felt like a RWD car on a loose surface in a virtual representation. 

ShoMavtos said:

Completely agree. I was happy a lot of the time to get a top 3 stage time, as long as I was consistent across the whole rally. This made it really feel like a battle throughout the whole rally, trading top times and such.

In contrast, D4's biggest challenges came from the sponsor requirements. No sense of actual rivalry with the AI.

I don't want any mercy from the AI. Lets get this to be the "Dark Souls of racing games" again.
An AI percentage slider might be a good idea? 

Greetings. 
We need such details competition Car Horns and Audio warnings in DR2.0 what do you think;!!!

bogani said:
bogani said:

Oh def, to me RWD was the biggest disappointment in D4 since DR was the first time a RWD car actually felt like a RWD car on a loose surface in a virtual representation. 
Oh boy, you're not kidding.  I'm sorry to say D4 RWD was the worst experience I've had, very disappointing.

Between DR and DR2 test, I'm spoiled and even though I want some of the cars in D4, I won't load it for fun :(