F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I'll take even the old one that's been around since 2015, for DR2. Also curious about what this new platform may be.

I'd love to see either. The 'new platform' is just referring to this being a new chassis (*cough* Polo *cough*) and thus requiring a new homologation; it's not just an upgrade/facelift.

New Fiesta R5 aiming to debut in Finland too.

Hello,

Already Bravo for the view Helicopter that remains throughout our race and thank you.
I come to make a return on Dirt4 regarding the replay of our races, especially on the Helicopter view. For the futur dirt too ?
To improve the helicopter view:
- it would be necessary to have the possibility of zooming on the car using the analog joystick to have a precise zoom or if possible, do automatic zooms.
- it would be necessary that from time to time the helicopter could go to the side of the road to take side view of the car and not always last the car. (Looks like a parasail attached to the car right now)
- the helicopter sight should also be able to take the car more horizontal to have a more distant landscape. In the game currently it does it slightly when the car gets up, but not enough.
- it would also be necessary to have two helicopters to have different angles of view that would be good.

As I said before, take the example of the game WRC 2001 on PS2, this game has everything needed for replay except of course the playability and graphics of dirt 4, as I repeat in this one, This one has the possibility even for the plans tv camera to keep the view, as for example to keep the sight of the central cockpit or the view of the wheel during the replay.
You should give the players the possibility to keep the view of any view of the game, even that of the tv camera, because for the player it is frustrating not to choose his sight to see his race in the game, Angle that one wants.
In the game WRC2001 on PS2, there is the button that maintains the view and the button that allows to release the view and I can tell you that it is very appreciable.
In the game Dirt4, the slows of the TV view are predefined, the change of camera corresponding to each plot of the course. One can not choose on this part of the course the view TV that one wants in WRC2001 on PS2 one can.

Jaquette of the game WRC2001 on PS2:

https://www.google.fr/search?q=wrc2001+ps2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5sqmvvsTVAhUEI1AKHZBlBlUQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=608#imgrc=h-u1EwMgoaSRfM:

There is also in the game WRC2001 on PS2 a tracking view that follows the car where the camera is the route of the road following the car from 3 to 6 meters behind without sticking the car and not the game camera that sticks car. This view should be added.

Watch video by the minute 3:51 (chase)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncgVrzDTpw
Can you please add these improvements that are for me and for others very important?
Inspire yourself from WRC 2001 on PS2 
Waiting for programmer return... 

thank you.

ipascal said:

Hello,

Already Bravo for the view Helicopter that remains throughout our race and thank you.
I come to make a return on Dirt4 regarding the replay of our races, especially on the Helicopter view. For the futur dirt too ?
- it would be necessary to have the possibility of zooming on the car using the analog joystick to have a precise zoom or if possible, do automatic zooms.
- it would be necessary that from time to time the helicopter could go to the side of the road to take side view of the car and not always last the car. (Looks like a parasail attached to the car right now)
- the helicopter sight should also be able to take the car more horizontal to have a more distant landscape. In the game currently it does it slightly when the car gets up, but not enough.
- it would also be necessary to have two helicopters to have different angles of view that would be good.

As I said before, take the example of the game WRC 2001 on PS2, this game has everything needed for replay except of course the playability and graphics of dirt 4, as I repeat in this one, This one has the possibility even for the plans tv camera to keep the view, as for example to keep the sight of the central cockpit or the view of the wheel during the replay.
You should give the players the possibility to keep the view of any view of the game, even that of the tv camera, because for the player it is frustrating not to choose his sight to see his race in the game, Angle that one wants.
In the game WRC2001 on PS2, there is the button that maintains the view and the button that allows to release the view and I can tell you that it is very appreciable.
In the game Dirt4, the slows of the TV view are predefined, the change of camera corresponding to each plot of the course. One can not choose on this part of the course the view TV that one wants in WRC2001 on PS2 one can.

https://www.google.fr/search?q=wrc2001+ps2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5sqmvvsTVAhUEI1AKHZBlBlUQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=608#imgrc=h-u1EwMgoaSRfM:

There is also in the game WRC2001 on PS2 a tracking view that follows the car where the camera is the route of the road following the car from 3 to 6 meters behind without sticking the car and not the game camera that sticks car. This view should be added.

Can you please add these improvements that are for me and for others very important?

thank you.

Ahhhh, I thought something was missing to get the true feeling of a new Dirt release. It's all sorted now. 

Welcome back helicopterviewfromWRC2001forPS2guy! 

:D 

I think it makes all the difference to manage the helicopter, having a good view of helicopter, seen from high as in dirt4 but also as I said seen from the helicopter side as in wrc1 on ps2 . why not have the opportunity once the race finished to fly the helicopter like for example in the game ghost Recon when you are in the helicopter and you follow a teammate in cooperation mode. ?

bogani said:
ipascal said:

Hello,

thank you.

Ahhhh, I thought something was missing to get the true feeling of a new Dirt release. It's all sorted now. 

Welcome back helicopterviewfromWRC2001forPS2guy! 

:D 
And that the bumper cam should('nt?) get wet when going through puddles :D

already that the developers reproduce the same thing as WRC1 on PS2, it will be already perfect at the level of the replay, and all that I explained before.
if it does not happen it's really that the developer of PS2 with WRC1 was really a beast? in programming with the replay of helicopters 

So from time to time I replay WRC 1 on PS2 to enjoy watching my replay with the good view of helicopter camera ?
so please sir developers, try to get inspiration from WRC 1 on ps2 regarding replay. watch the video I put before !!
thank you

no helicopters, replays, external views or VR in my version please - don't use any of that stuff. thnx

@jonny174  Are you by any chance suggesting this little lion will come out to play in DR 2.0 ;)?

P.S - Please keep the Adam. I love that angry and fast little car!

I was just saying how much I loved my little 208 R2 & rallying in general ;) . I think we need the DiRT Rally team setup again :D 

Here is a video of my old 208 for you to enjoy!
https://youtu.be/6IrYr7tXMeg?t=77

• Like 1

ipascal said:
So from time to time I replay WRC 1 on PS2 to enjoy watching my replay with the good view of helicopter camera ?
so please sir developers, try to get inspiration from WRC 1 on ps2 regarding replay. watch the video I put before !!
thank you
Mate I think you have some kind of problem.

ipascal said:
thank you
We could call it Helicopterofilia... 

carpa said:
ipascal said:
thank you
We could call it Helicopterofilia... 
Not to be confused with Hellaphilia, which is an obsession with rally car light pods

ipascal said:

Hello,

thank you.

It does indeed make a huge difference and this is something i've been requesting since DiRT Rally 1. I even used WRC2 PS2 examples and WRC highlights. I wouldn't go so far as controlling helicopters, but if we had a proper Heli view and TV cameras and you were able to switch in between cameras and keep it at that through the whole stage it'd be awesome. Now that the stages are back to bespoke, that's something easier to do than in D4.
These TV cameras with the cars passing by is something we need, not only for replay but for spectator mode as well. If theres any chance we can get a demo system in which we can load replays and mess with the cameras that would be epic.

WRC2001-2005 devs, Evolution Studios, are now working in Codemasters, so it shouldn't be a problem :D

Well, not anymore after Onrush provided disappointing sales.
A public statement said the lead game designer(s) was/were fired (or something like that) and the rest of the staff were integrated into Codemasters' projects to provide support.

Was there any information if we will get Leg system now that road deformation is implemented? I'd love to see it myself.

ipascal said:

Hello,

thank you.

Can't even explain how much I missed you!

versedi said:
Was there any information if we will get Leg system now that road deformation is implemented? I'd love to see it myself.
It would be awesome and technical-wise it's fairly simple. Just store the stage's deform values if that stage is used again in the same event.

How was Onrush anyway? I never got the chance to play it considering there was no pc port

Onrush was to arcade games, what D4 was to sims... Way overhyped, and even more arcade than expected... 

juu1ius said:
Jepsertti said:
Can't even explain how much I missed you!

idd, one has to admire the effort he puts into trolling...
He's not trolling. He just really like helicopters filming rally cars.