F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Which one would you like to see @gfRally?

@Rallycameraman 

My heart is with this one since I own this gen Impreza 

http://pictures.thaindian.com/d/2084-1/Philip-Mills-Petter-Solberg-82370528.jpg

But an earlier winning one would be great as well.

God I hope it's not a Rallycross announcement...  fingers crossed for something actually to do with the title of the game...  Rally.

Not to mention Petter use to play the rallycross part with his son Oliver in the DiRT 3 game,... in other words Petter is fan of the Codemasters games! :O 
I meant to share that video in here: it was a nice little shout out for DiRT! If there is licensed rallycross content coming then surely Petter Solberg will be included in it? As @Rallycameraman said a while ago, it would be silly to have licensed rallycross content without the current Champions car!

Soooooooo wish I was going to Holjes; just a shame it's the most expensive European rallycross circuit to get to!

griev0r said:
God I hope it's not a Rallycross announcement...  fingers crossed for something actually to do with the title of the game...  Rally.
I find "rally" in rallycross, so yeaaa..

bogani said:
griev0r said:
And there isn't any Dirt in Germany stages either so eliminate that :) 

bogani said:
griev0r said:
I understand that, but it's completely different.  The main thing is they just use similar cars.  No co driver, closed circuits you do multiple laps on with other opponents, it's closer to F1 than it is Rally.

griev0r said:
No co driver, closed circuits you do multiple laps on with other opponents, it's closer to F1 than it is Rally.
Not really: there is passing in Rallycross.  ;)

gfRally said:
bogani said:
griev0r said:
We even need to have an american rally to get dirt right? In this part or the world it's called gravel. Let's rename Dirt Rally to Gravel Rally(and some tarmac)

:)

bogani said:
gfRally said:
bogani said:
griev0r said:
We even need to have an american rally to get dirt right? In this part or the world it's called gravel. Let's rename Dirt Rally to Gravel Rally(and some tarmac)

:)
Lol, I hear you about Rally America, but I had many stones thrown at me for requesting a RA event or American location; :neutral: 

gfRally said:
Lol, I hear you about Rally America, but I had many stones thrown at me for requesting a RA event or American location; :neutral: 

Go home... your drunk

:D

Go drunk, you're home. 

Add some RWD  Porsche 911 SC to the classic icon content. It is out of hands, the licence is free now. :3

gfRally said:
bogani said:
griev0r said:
I see you are much more optimistic about being able to stay on the tarmac than I am!

Anyway, Cliff = Richards, Richards is plural of Richard, therefore it's going to become Richard Burns Rally 2. Right? See, I can make things up too :P

New vid of SLRE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBYfh1tfmsQ
Wow these guys are now including flamethrowers in their cars' exhaust! So now they have 2 things that DiRT Rally doesn't, Xsaras and Flamethrowers.
Regular backfires are too arcade...

I think the developers need some flamethrowers for such stupidity. The graphics are pretty good but the particles, the physics and the sound are WRC ripoffs. 

They are trying pretty hard to straighten it up by uploading videos entitled with "working in progress"... It is funny, though. Keep them coming Milestone or whatever "rally enthusiasts"  industry you belong.;

If only they stole RBR physics and GT cars sounds, that would cheer us up a bit.

Well the dirtgame.com website links you to the codemasters dirt website. The same thing happened when the Pikes Peak update was launched. 

Perhaps not DiRTy gossip, but here's where and what i've been doing the past 2 days

https://youtu.be/P-UErH-_ZT4
Great video Luke. I was on the opposite side of the track to you for a couple of those clips! Incredible event, yet again they manage to include enough new/different cars to keep it fresh. 

Well the dirtgame.com website links you to the codemasters dirt website. The same thing happened when the Pikes Peak update was launched. 
Probably something to do with Germany or the Tarmac terrors.

Probably something to do with Germany or the Tarmac terrors.
Definitely. Hopefully that means it's coming today. 

tbtstt said:
Perhaps not DiRTy gossip, but here's where and what i've been doing the past 2 days

https://youtu.be/P-UErH-_ZT4
Great video Luke. I was on the opposite side of the track to you for a couple of those clips! Incredible event, yet again they manage to include enough new/different cars to keep it fresh. 
Thanks mate. Shame I didn't bump into you!