F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Flipping quiet around here.

https://youtu.be/sbqb-tmvnoE?t=980

Few tidbits from John - notably a few comments about improvements and a note about there being 'more' R5 cars this time than in previous games. Also mentions potentially the next stream being on 20th.

Yup, more than 4 R5's then.

Fiesta, C3 and Polo confirmed. I see no reason why the 208 won't be in. I'm also 98% sure the Fabia is in. It's been heavily teased with blinking smileys when people have asked.

With a lil' luck we'll get the following list of R5's.

• VW Polo R5
  • Citroen C3 R5
  • Ford Fiesta R5
  • Peugeot 208 R5
  • Hyundai i20 R5
  • Skoda Fabia R5
  • Mitsubishi Space Star R5(have a feeling this one could be dropped though)

https://imgur.com/a/cTjIPfW

hmmm... what did Codemasters do to the WRC game devs?

I kid, I kid. Its just gossip

That’s a way better lineup than what we would end up with if they chased after the 16 or 17 WRC cars
It would be a dream line up.
"Which R5s have you got?"
"All of them!"
" :o "

Now if they could only get all R2s... and by all R2s, I mean add that little Pug Mr Armstrong once drove and the modern rally collection of this game will be epic. I still don't know what will be in RGT but, apparently, it'll be good.

That’s a way better lineup than what we would end up with if they chased after the 16 or 17 WRC cars
"All of them!"

Now if they could only get all R2s... and by all R2s, I mean add that little Pug Mr Armstrong once drove and the modern rally collection of this game will be epic. I still don't know what will be in RGT but, apparently, it'll be good.
I'm positively sure that the 208 R2 will be in the game. 

"All of them!"

They would pretty much include everything in national championship series' then! Fantastic! Just curious, the most,  of what the unknowns will come in RGT.

"All of them!"

Wonder if the Fiesta R2 will be the new model? 

bogani said:
"All of them!"

I think, for consistency sake, they will stay with the current model. When they update, they should update the R2 and the R5. The new model is still, well, new. The fact that it's also the official Junior WRC car may cause a bit of a licensing fuss right now, so I think they should play it safe.

Speaking of model updates, can we have a smaller rear-wing on the 208 R5? If I recall correctly, it was quite oversized in D4.

bogani said:
"All of them!"

I wonder if the Fiesta R5 is the evolution variant. 

I'd happily see the 208 make way and come as DLC with an improved sound; it's nothing like any of the other R5s (apart from the DS3 obviously).

Six R5s would be superb, but at the moment I'll assume 'more than 4' = 5. Hopefully the three we know plus the Hyundai and Skoda. Either of the others would be a bonus.

I doubt either Fiesta will be the updated one, especially the R2 would be a huge amount of work for relatively few people who would realise probably. 

I'd happily see the 208 make way and come as DLC with an improved sound; it's nothing like any of the other R5s (apart from the DS3 obviously).

Six R5s would be superb, but at the moment I'll assume 'more than 4' = 5. Hopefully the three we know plus the Hyundai and Skoda. Either of the others would be a bonus.

I doubt either Fiesta will be the updated one, especially the R2 would be a huge amount of work for relatively few people who would realise probably. 
A bit too much of  "it will be DLC". Remember, only 2 seasons of  DLC are guaranteed, for now. Each one will bring 5 new cars (only 5) for a grand total of 10. You start putting the Fabia, then the 208, then other R5s to DLC and you've removed room for desirable classics and older (mid-2000s) WRCs, like the 206, the Xsara, the Cordoba, which are also highly requested. Also, remember, there's rallycross too! Rallycross could get cars for DLC as well!

bogani said:
Not sure if it's been posted or not, but here is a lengthy(100+ minutes!) interview with Paul Coleman.

A bit about his background, DR/D4/DR2 and some more about what he's up to now that he left Codies. 

https://youtu.be/IFm1P0B1H7s
One note worthy thing is that he says there was a vision of Dirt Rally being more like a service, adding content along the way and that DR2 might be getting that treatment(although that is pure speculation on Paul's part). 

bogani said:
bogani said:
Not sure if it's been posted or not, but here is a lengthy(100+ minutes!) interview with Paul Coleman.

A bit about his background, DR/D4/DR2 and some more about what he's up to now that he left Codies. 

One note worthy thing is that he says there was a vision of Dirt Rally being more like a service, adding content along the way and that DR2 might be getting that treatment(although that is pure speculation on Paul's part). 
Well that has been 2 ‘seasons’ of DLC confirmed for DR2 so he could be right. Would make sense to build on the platform they’ve got now. Especially with all the work the handling guys have put in. 

bogani said:
bogani said:

Well that has been 2 ‘seasons’ of DLC confirmed for DR2 so he could be right. Would make sense to build on the platform they’ve got now. Especially with all the work the handling guys have put in. 

Agreed, I'm hoping to see that's how it will work out with DR2; keep it going for a few years with support, features, locations, cars, new co-drivers, skins etc.

Good interview was that; very open about the issues with DiRT 4 (with Your Stage) and their marketing push and personnel issues on the original DR and how the Early Access approach basically prevented them from making it a long-term project. When I've been frustrated with the marketing approach taken to this game (announce it but provide very little info straight after), I will bear in mind the points raised here.

tbh all we needed with dirt rally 1 was more content. overall great game and many would of been happy to just buy different events or cars as dlc. obviously there were tweaks needs weight of cars and handlng tweaks.

"All of them!"

Pretty sure they'll add the RGT Exige in no time if enough players post times on the 911. The car may have not been successful but still should be tons of fun to drive.

"All of them!"

Pretty sure they'll add the RGT Exige in no time if enough players post times on the 911. The car may have not been successful but still should be tons of fun to drive.
I really wonder what they'll put in RGT. We already know they're not restricting themselves to real cars only, as evidenced by the Camaro. I think Camaro, Porsche, Aston and Abarth.

Well, I think the Camaro would theoretically be elligible for the R-GT spec.
I think the Abarth is the most likely.

Oscar97 said:
The Abarth definitely. I think the Aston is a must as well. Codemasters have been able to secure Astons for previous games. Oh and don't forget, the car actually got FIA R-GT homologation. Now, if Codies were to go for this car, how would they get access to it? That's what makes me not 100% solid on this suggestion.

Oscar97 said:
Camaro is eligible for RGT class indeed. Here's what Wikipedia says about the technical requlations:

"The technical regulations are described in Appendix J, article 256 of the FIA sporting regulations. The category is for series production GT cars, that must be two-wheel driven. A car with four-wheel drive cars can be used as basis, but must be transformed into a 2WD version. All cars must be fitted with a restrictor whose diameter is determined by the FIA in order to achieve a weight/power ratio of 3.4 kg/hp(4.6 kg/kw)."

Car models don't need to be homologated either; a technical passport for the vehicle is all that is needed.

Do you guys think that there is a little chance that we may get at least 1 toyota celica group A??? Those toyotas are just perfect!!!!