DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Do you guys think that there is a little chance that we may get at least 1 toyota celica group A??? Those toyotas are just perfect!!!!
We can live in hope, but Toyota are hard to deal with at the moment it seems

WRC titles  have  Toyotas.AC has Toyotas.Rfactor 2 has all kinds of Toyotas.Im not buying that Toyota hard to deal with situation.Open the wallet and make them DLCs.Or............open the game and let it be moddable:)

Looks like there will be some new gameplay showcased in Milano this weekend : 
https://twitter.com/ESLItaly/status/1072793181538856961

Gravel has Toyota too, as did Seb Loeb Rally Evo. Maybe Milestone have a closer arrangement. I feel AC got them before they became more tricky to license.

What's not clear is whether it's an exclusivity deal, an increased licensing cost or something else (e.g. in the past Ferrari were rumoured that they always wanted their car to be the best in class, even if in real life it wasn't; something like that could be a stumbling block!).

We will never know the real motives... I just hope one day is solved. Toyota should be proud to go on games of CM.

@warpengage never realised the Aston actually had a legit RGT 'passport'! Cool find.

Personally though, I'm betting on the Abarth and, if there is a fourth, a Nissan 370Z or a Ford Mustang (good relations with Ford, similar to the Camaro). Looking forward to finding out more about this class though.

Has GCK Megane been ever mentioned as being in the game?

https://twitter.com/GCKRX/status/1072862653117227008?s=09

https://twitter.com/GCKRX/status/1072883286496763905?s=09

Yes @MastaVonBlasta The GCK Megane has been seen in gameplay
tbtstt said:
Credit for this spot goes to @RodgerDavies who posted this screengrab from the latest video:

In the confirmed car thread.

Looks like the Peugeot 208, Subaru WRX STI (gen unknown) and Renault Megane RS RX are all in the rallycross class. 

I am surprised to see the Subaru given that it hasn't appeared in World RX this year. Bryntesson and Chicheret shown in cars they have never driven, but I guess assigning the correct drivers to the correct cars is a detail that is yet to follow?
JorritVD said:
About the RX shot, I did a bit of more reasearch on it (and some maybe already mentioned)
- The Ford Fiesta is noted as MK7. This wasn't the case in DR1 and D4. So we can expect the new MK8 Olsbergs will join aswell. Note that Robin Larsson is posted as fifth driver in Group B.
- Ma Qing Hua is in the game. he only competed at Silverstone. So we could expect all one off entries also in the game.
- Chicherit and the Megane are both noted. So GCK team is confirmed to be in DR2.0
- The factory Peugeots are confirmed now with Loeb and the 208 noted. Also you will see two factory 208 a second later. But nothing known about the privateer 208.
- Bryntesson is a new confirmed driver as well, driving a Fiesta the full ERX season.
- Marklund is confirmed. Not known if he will be in his ERX Polo or WRX Megane or both. Not know yet if the old Polo will be in the game.
- Sandell and Subaru confirmed. First ARX entry in the game. Good to see!!! Will the Focus and Beetle follow?
- Note there are three Audi S1. So we might see Müller or Szabo as well :)

----

- No sign yet of the Bennett MINI
- No sign yet of the Citroen DS3, while it was in DR1 and D4.
- No sign yet of the MK8 Fiesta. But with MK7 and Larsson noted, it is expected the MK8 will show up.
- No sign yet of the Hyundai i20
- No sign yet of the SEAT Ibiza, while the car was in D4.
- No sign yet of the older Marklund Polo, while the car was in DR1 and D4.
- Possible ARX cars will be in it aswell, though so far the Subaru is the only confirmed one. Focus already exists ofcourse from D4 and CM has a good relationship with Ford and therefore logical to return. Beetle is the only ARX question mark imo.

I think something has changed more recently regards Toyota. Gravel and  SLRE are old. Look at Forza Horizon 4 - only 3 Toyota trucks, no road or racing vehicles!

I hope Toyota changes their mind later, i am pretty annoyed they aren't even in Forza now.

@warpengage never realised the Aston actually had a legit RGT 'passport'! Cool find.

Personally though, I'm betting on the Abarth and, if there is a fourth, a Nissan 370Z or a Ford Mustang (good relations with Ford, similar to the Camaro). Looking forward to finding out more about this class though.

Cool indeed, isn't it? Aston Martin doesn't have a lot of rally history, but they have appeared in other Codemasters games in prominence: GRID series.

Snaky115 said:
I think something has changed more recently regards Toyota. Gravel and  SLRE are old. Look at Forza Horizon 4 - only 3 Toyota trucks, no road or racing vehicles!

I hope Toyota changes their mind later, i am pretty annoyed they aren't even in Forza now.
There are no Toyota vehicles in Need For Speed Payback either, and both Microsoft and EA should have enough money to buy the licences if that was the reason. 

http://kotaku.com/5387350/toyota-exec-realistic-video-games-make-cars-unnecessary

LOL i hope thats not really true

Was planning to buy GT86, but then Assetto Corsa was released and I got the car for free there :D ... Sadly I can not leave my room with that car :'( ... 

WRC titles  have  Toyotas.AC has Toyotas.Rfactor 2 has all kinds of Toyotas.Im not buying that Toyota hard to deal with situation.Open the wallet and make them DLCs.Or............open the game and let it be moddable:)

I doubt Yaris would make it to the game, but Celicas are possible. Toyota is not a hard deal.

Sad to see that CM clicked agree on the "no chance to see Toyota" post on the previous page :(

I should specify that it was specifically for the GrpA Celica. 

There’s history between Codies and Toyota. I guess it still exists. 
One day we'll find out which Codies employee scratched the Toyota CEO's car in the car park.

Or that at the Toyota Christmas party in 2013 none of them could complete Pike's Peak in the Tacoma and they swore 'never again'.

Or that their PR department really didn't take well to this Twitter post...

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/526791317209481216

One day...

There’s history between Codies and Toyota. I guess it still exists. 
One day we'll find out which Codies employee scratched the Toyota CEO's car in the car park.

Or that at the Toyota Christmas party in 2013 none of them could complete Pike's Peak in the Tacoma and they swore 'never again'.

Or that their PR department really didn't take well to this Twitter post...

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/526791317209481216

One day...
That picture is from my local beach too! 

Yeah, i think this pretty much sums up the relationship, they must have burned (either side) and this is just a metaphor to the state of licensing :(

yeah honestly it seems a bunch of Shit that all sim makers get a run around.Tarnishing a brand image is done on the street by dumbasses and not on pc sims. Its like why wouldnt they want the popularity of a car  line increase brand awareness online? 
Some of the current recalls do enough for brand image,so they shouldnt worry about the trivial crap.

Moving away from Toyota for a minute, I haven't seen any mention of Dirtfish or a rally school location. I wonder if there is going to be anything along those lines in DR2.0? Or is there a possibility that Dirtfish might follow as part of the DLC? 

i sure hope will be school with the improved  "better feel" tarmac physics that Dirt 4 had................
Speaking of which if there is no vid release of tarmac coming up before launch, then we can all guess tarmac isnt improved upon ? Hope thats not the case.
Maybe Jon can shed some light on that soon.

tbtstt said:
Moving away from Toyota for a minute, I haven't seen any mention of Dirtfish or a rally school location. I wonder if there is going to be anything along those lines in DR2.0? Or is there a possibility that Dirtfish might follow as part of the DLC? 
Hoenstly, if there's any work that would be needed to include it I can't say I'd miss it. If it was a drag-and-drop inclusion, fair enough, but I would definitely prefer any effort it would take to go into another area.

i sure hope will be school with the improved  "better feel" tarmac physics that Dirt 4 had................
Speaking of which if there is no vid release of tarmac coming up before launch, then we can all guess tarmac isnt improved upon ? Hope thats not the case.
Maybe Jon can shed some light on that soon.
I doubt there will be a rally school area in DR2.0

That's your reasoning to guess about surface handling?  Trust me, it's been improved.