DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Well the dirtgame.com website links you to the codemasters dirt website. The same thing happened when the Pikes Peak update was launched. 
Probably something to do with Germany or the Tarmac terrors.
Thought I was going mad! Was wondering why I couldn't click on anything!

Just spotted this bit on the offical announcement page...

RALLY CHAMPIONSHIPS, RALLY ASYNC & CUSTOM RALLY EVENTS: Take on a single stage and learn the calls in Custom Rally events, compete against increasingly skilled opposition in Rally Seasons or prove yourself against the entire community of players in Rally Async.

Anybody know what ASync is?

I think Asysnc is similar to how the daily's run now, meaning you play the same stage but at different times.  Maybe the other ones are for actaul real-time rallying as per recent dirt series?

Just spotted this bit on the offical announcement page...

RALLY CHAMPIONSHIPS, RALLY ASYNC & CUSTOM RALLY EVENTS: Take on a single stage and learn the calls in Custom Rally events, compete against increasingly skilled opposition in Rally Seasons or prove yourself against the entire community of players in Rally Async.

Anybody know what ASync is?

Async is the multiplayer mode we have now - either through Events or Leagues. Players can play whenever suits them and submit results to dirtgame.com servers.

Later this year PvP multiplayer will be added so we'll be able to play live against each other - really enforce no-restart rules :)

I think I look forward to the PVP, but then I remember how often I crash and restart.. :/

I hope you're talking about rallycross - PvP for Rally won't be both people on stage at the same time, right? Or ghosted, at worst.

I hope you're talking about rallycross - PvP for Rally won't be both people on stage at the same time, right? Or ghosted, at worst.

I hope there will be various options: in sync but no ghosts, ghosts and staggered starts. 

For RX it may also be a good idea to give an option to turn off collisions :P

Ok so I just tried to go into online events ingame, so I could see where I am after yesterdays Daily, and this came up

No update available yet though. Guessing Germany will come today.

I'm waiting to hear back from a job, which if I get, I'll be spending the next few months an hour away from my computer and therefore DiRT, so I need to try and squeeze in as much play time as possible!

But did it need to be down for a FEW hours??  Seem like a long time.

I'm waiting to hear back from a job, which if I get, I'll be spending the next few months an hour away from my computer and therefore DiRT, so I need to try and squeeze in as much play time as possible!

You've been playing DiRT Rally when you hope you don't get a job offer because you want play some more :P

Could this be, and I'm actually scared of jinxing it, the first major update I'll be around for and not on holiday? :D 

Well the dirtgame.com website links you to the codemasters dirt website. The same thing happened when the Pikes Peak update was launched. 
Probably something to do with Germany or the Tarmac terrors.
Definitely. Hopefully that means it's coming today. 
When I'm on the smartphone I always think of a sniper rifle when seeing your avatar  :#

Are they going to announce the next Dirt Show on these forums? I missed the last one when Pikes Peak came out!

tbtstt said:
Perhaps not DiRTy gossip, but here's where and what i've been doing the past 2 days

https://youtu.be/P-UErH-_ZT4
Great video Luke. I was on the opposite side of the track to you for a couple of those clips! Incredible event, yet again they manage to include enough new/different cars to keep it fresh. 
Thanks mate. Shame I didn't bump into you!
I was looking out for several people, including you: unfortunately I failed to spot anyone!  :D

Well I will probably be playing it too, but it's always good to watch this streams and see what questions people ask and the answers for it. Last stream we had a bit of gossip there, so I assume that in this one we will have too about the next pack! :smile: