DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

cant wait ! B)                                                                                   

I think they said the Porsche RGT would be shown this time along with new WRX car(s).
I hope so: can't wait to see (and hear) more of the 2018 season cars! 

oooh whats happening today !!! :o :# :p                                          

So, no snowy Michigan by the looks of it. Autumn as in D4. 

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1075752684999761922?s=19

Hmm, from thr 60's to the 90's. No 2000's, so is this a confirmation of no 00' and 10's WRC cars than? Or would they have this a different class name?

JorritVD said:
Hmm, from thr 60's to the 90's. No 2000's, so is this a confirmation of no 00' and 10's WRC cars than? Or would they have this a different class name?
They just had to make a short trailer so they couldn't show newer cars. Or it's just supposed to showcase the historic cars, so anything more recent than the 90's isn't shown.

Just watched it again: a 3.4L Impreza? That should be quick! :smiley:

EDIT: That Quattro engine displacement is wrong as well. 

bogani said:
So, no snowy Michigan by the looks of it. Autumn as in D4. 

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1075752684999761922?s=19

Is that Michigan? Could it have been Poland? The other two locations looked like New Zealand and Spain.
Poland looked much more summery in previous pics. I really do hope this isn't Poland. I'm not a fan of the autumn color palette.

Why do all these stylized trailers make the cars look to behave really strange? Car movements looks so weird. Don't they use the actual physics when doing these trailers? 
The El Condor replay of the Quattro we've seen looks 1000x better. 

I should just be quiet. I'm feeling cranky today. 

bogani said:
Is that Michigan? Could it have been Poland? The other two locations looked like New Zealand and Spain.
Poland looked much more summery in previous pics. I really do hope this isn't Poland. I'm not a fan of the autumn color palette.

Why do all these stylized trailers make the cars look to behave really strange? Car movements looks so weird. Don't they use the actual physics when doing these trailers? 
The El Condor replay of the Quattro we've seen looks 1000x better. 

I should just be quiet. I'm feeling cranky today. 
Maybe we will have season settings?... Nah, I think they've already said it would be a major hurdle.

I will say though that michigan looks really good. A big improvement over D4
Still doesn't look like pictures you can find with google : trees are too small and leaves too red. They should be more yellowish...

Agree about the stylised trailers, still got a couple of fingers crossed for a stream this week with some more consistent footage. 

Don't think this confirms anything about 2000s cars as they were considered 'modern' last time. That said, I hope they are moved to 'historic' if they're in, but I agree with those thinking there's a good chance they might not be.

Hmm, location at the end is interesting. Looks more American, for sure, but some of the Polish clips from before had autumnal trees. That said, here's the clip and most trees look green in it: https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/203/dirty-gossip-thread/p1409

Why does everything look so "cartoonish" in this trailer ?
Over saturated colors and tons of lens flare, it doesn't look natural at all.
Where is the clean and natural look of Dirt rally 1, where you could recognize locations just by the ambiant lighting ?
Physics doesn't seem very natural at first glance either.
Hopefully all of that is just for the trailer ...

Accro2008 said:
Why does everything look so "cartoonish" in this trailer ?
Over saturated colors and tons of lens flare, it doesn't look natural at all.
Where is the clean and natural look of Dirt rally 1, where you could recognize locations just by the ambiant lighting ?
Physics doesn't seem very natural at first glance either.
Hopefully all of that is just for the trailer ...
Agree with this, but then I thought the lighting for DiRT Rally 1 was absolutely spot on for each location.

If anyone wants a game, why does the sign say Bellriu in Spain? That's not a real place or either of the towns that the stage passes through. The location is here: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.1873956,0.7505086,3a,75y,180.58h,105.31t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8LqYwE9KN04aJgLSb7Vmlw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edit: just seen the signs at El Molar hairpin too, must be playing the "this is a completely fictional place and not related to the WRC stage" game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COnDgmRlwgA&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR25dxI7qGxtJPxfE18wuZ0BUFdRFu4BVJ629vq2ChuB10cU0F6eST-jeRk

Live now

Dirtshow is 32 characters too short for dirty business

150 levels of surface degradation sounds great. 

Poland and Spain looks real nice. 

NINJA STREAM!!!

Great stuff, looking forward to catching up on this later. Looking forward to Sweden in a DLC hopefully, I didn't use Vargasen as much as the others in the last one and not going to complain at them having more time to perfect snow(bank) physics. 

AI looking good in rally too, I wouldn't have a chance of getting near that! Just how it should be.

Very purposeful cutting off before/after the stages so we don't see the list of opponent cars!

I always had a hunch that they were going to wait with a snow rally. It probably takes longer to get degradation right on snow.

So hopefully the DLC plan will be minimum:
1 Snow Rally
1 Tarmac Rally

I think we got enough gravel for now