DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Poland:
1. We're not afraid to make a difficult game -> widens the stage.
2. The same problem that happend to wales in D4. It's not green enough. What's with the yellowish foliage hue?
The cameras used in real life onboards, use fisheye lens, which curves the edges of a picture. It makes the stage look more narrow than in real life. I remember there was the same problem with F1 2017 and the tires width. In TV the fisheye lens made them look thinner

SkyRex said:
Poland with R5: quite exactly 16.09 km
Makes perfect sense. IRL this stage was 15.55 km, but in the game it's longer because of imaginary part in the middle of it and the finish line being a few hundred meters further than IRL.

Things Im thankful for so far:

1. Codies are making a new Dirt Rally game!
2. DLC
3. 6 new rallies to race with 2 extra guaranteed finally giving us more than 6 locations in one game
4. 3 new locations Argentina, Poland and New Zealand
5. Finally (with DLC) a full season of RX tracks
6. Tarmac and gravel physics seem to be already significantly improved over DR and D4
7. 150 levels of Road degredation
8. Trackside replays finally seem fixed (from most recent video) and look awesome
9. New cars including Porche
10. The new approach of Codies to the Dirt Rally franchise to fix the handling issues and other things like lack of content, with the future looking very bright!

The only thing I would really like to know is if they will import all the the old Dirt Rally stages to this game because that would be a dream come true.

SkyRex said:
Makes perfect sense. IRL this stage was 15.55 km, but in the game it's longer because of imaginary part in the middle of it and the finish line being a few hundred meters further than IRL.

Good point, I wonder if the second Polish one (assuming there is another, we still have no confirmation of 1/2/more long stages per location I don't think) will be a completely different stage or a combination of the other roads used around Baranowo in other years (in 2016 they turned left at the 'finish', so there's another 10km of road there: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/53.8773255,21.378742/53.8653047,21.4183945/@53.8547964,21.3900745,9224m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d21.3870685!2d53.8349234!3s0x46e21958463521ef:0xd2bc41827b9239d2!1m0!3e0 )

Thanks for the comparison video you put up by the way; the 'fictional' section is interesting - is the road there in real life, or is it a completely fictional road? Doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm just curious.

BTW, the Spanish one starts here: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.1888924,0.7535687,3a,75y,332.61h,94.8t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sitAS2Q86YwYG0qeSlbLC9A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Question for gossipers: On the Steelbook artwork, do we think the Porsche is in Sweden or elsewhere?

Escribe tu RodgerDavies said:
SkyRex said:

Good point, I wonder if the second Polish one (assuming there is another, we still have no confirmation of 1/2/more long stages per location I don't think) will be a completely different stage or a combination of the other roads used around Baranowo in other years (in 2016 they turned left at the 'finish', so there's another 10km of road there: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/53.8773255,21.378742/53.8653047,21.4183945/@53.8547964,21.3900745,9224m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d21.3870685!2d53.8349234!3s0x46e21958463521ef:0xd2bc41827b9239d2!1m0!3e0 )

Thanks for the comparison video you put up by the way; the 'fictional' section is interesting - is the road there in real life, or is it a completely fictional road? Doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm just curious.

BTW, the Spanish one starts here: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.1888924,0.7535687,3a,75y,332.61h,94.8t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sitAS2Q86YwYG0qeSlbLC9A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Question for gossipers: On the Steelbook artwork, do we think the Porsche is in Sweden or elsewhere?

Go to the original image on the codemasters blog and zoom in, you will see that it's just a lighting effect, isn't snow

No New Footage
Here is video dirt rally 2.0 from milano 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te-ADlz1geM

It's hard for me to say if this imaginary part is completely imaginary or is it part of different stage. I can't recognize this part, although I know stages from Rally Poland pretty well (but in fact this imaginary part is quite short and doesn't include anything unique).

What I can say for sure is that IRL when you go straight on that junction before village Baranowo, you hit straight tarmac road. Here's the junction: 
https://www.google.com/maps/@53.83315,21.458868,869m/data=!3m1!1e3

Merry Christmas to all from a Spanish who likes this forum very much! Best regards.

Proper Porsche physics 
   https://youtu.be/0y-L2sXZ-Io
Enjoy

@tea3k agreed, Semetin and Troják would be a dream - I went to spectate last year and loved it!

Completely random point.

I kept thinking "why have they written 'stop' in English on the Spanish stage?"

But turns out the real town in Spain has it written in English too!

Kudos Codies!

Happy Christmas all.

@tea3k agreed, Semetin and Troják would be a dream - I went to spectate last year and loved it!

Completely random point.

Kudos Codies!

Happy Christmas all.

The same goes for all Italian roads, FYI. Now if Codies want to show that to the world by including Sanremo in the game...  ;)

KevM said:  

Why do my YouTube links not show as videos???
Don't shorten the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-N_fI6htu0

Completely random point.

Kudos Codies!

Happy Christmas all.

Stop is universal, it's used on road signs in most countries.

Not many days ago, official WRC game twitter account, twitt , and quick removed.
 cover car was C3 for wrc game 2019, its still KT-racing (BigBen) that has licence.

Completely random point.

Kudos Codies!

Happy Christmas all.

But if you pay real close attention the stenciling is wrong.
GG Codemasters, you had 1 job.

JZStudios said:

Completely random point.

Kudos Codies!

Happy Christmas all.

No correct stenciling of stop marks = no buy

Rallystu2 said:
JZStudios said:

Completely random point.

Kudos Codies!

Happy Christmas all.

#NoCorrectStencilingOfStopMarksNoBuy
You forgot to put the hashtag before. Fixed it for ya

carpa said:
Rallystu2 said:
JZStudios said:

Completely random point.

Kudos Codies!

Happy Christmas all.

#NoCorrectStencilingOfStopMarksNoBuy
You forgot to put the hashtag before. Fixed it for ya
I want this game to make me really FEEL like spider-man.
I mean a Rally car.
I mean in Spain.

So which rally are we guessing for the US stages? Presumably it's Michigan again, but I'm struggling to find pics of a rally with the surface and foliage pictures in the trailer. I guess Lake Superior Performance Rally is the only Autumnal one I can find, so that one?

Apparently this was on show there last year too:

Edit: the more I look I assume it must be this one - hope the stages are long because it look faaaaast!

So which rally are we guessing for the US stages? Presumably it's Michigan again, but I'm struggling to find pics of a rally with the surface and foliage pictures in the trailer. I guess Lake Superior Performance Rally is the only Autumnal one I can find, so that one?

Apparently this was on show there last year too:

Edit: the more I look I assume it must be this one - hope the stages are long because it look faaaaast!
I don't think the season should be taken as an indicator of which rally it is. May just be artistic license to create variety. But it's a good shout if they're sticking with Michigan. id really like something along the lines of Oregon trail but tbh all the locations are looking great so far for dr2 so I'm not concerned

Hopefully for the USA location there will be some iconic "hey that is this exact stage" part, instead of the generic Michigan that we have been getting in the previous games.  I'm not sure if there are any specific bridges or lakes, etc that LSPR has to make it unique.   Ojibwe Rally has a couple stages.  Oregon trail has lots!  STPR has a couple of bridges (and a big jump).  New England Forest Rally (NEFR) has concord pond, and a couple of water splashes.  So there are possibilities.

I'm pretty sure Codies visited the US back in 2013 for Seb Loeb's Pikes Peak run - Paul mentioned it in a interview some (DiRT Show?).  So that potentially allowed some other location exploring here as well.

The Automobilista physics guru (Niels Heusinkveld) is busy with some group B stuff it seems:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BICyW7yE9EI