F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Not really, but its the first thought that comes to my mind when I see a Circle K.

BTW:  I didn't know they where international?

Is it just me that thinks the Polo R5 always looks too long? Certainly not a looker, in my book - I can see why the official livery tries to hide the lines in it...

Still, hoping to see some screens of it and the C3 in DR2 sometime soonish......

Is it just me that thinks the Polo R5 always looks too long? Certainly not a looker, in my book - I can see why the official livery tries to hide the lines in it...
The "hello i am 13 yrs old lol" font of the driver names on the window doesn't help either.

The "hello i am 13 yrs old lol" font of the driver names on the window doesn't help either.
I was wondering whether to mention that for fear of sounding too old - I'm bitter enough about the concept of numbers not being determined by seeding still...

Flag, first initial & last name in Helvetica, optional blood group if you want to look cool - driver & co-driver.

Time for some Horlicks...

Think my beef with the Polo may be how far forward the front wheels are compared to the previous model WRC version.

I love the look of the polo. Not a fan of that livery though. And yea I'm glad someone else mentioned the graffiti.

Think my beef with the Polo may be how far forward the front wheels are compared to the previous model WRC version.
Or perhaps the almost complete lack of a proper wing? That's what bugs me, at least.

tbtstt said:
Oliver Solberg will be using a Polo R5 for Rally Aluksne next week:

Probably a bit late to make it into the game, but I'm sure someone will add his livery! 
R.I.P floor tiles when that car moves. Look at the metal studs.

Yeah, I agree! Funny, as I think the Polo R rallycross car looks absolutely badass and that isn't that much wider. 
Or perhaps the almost complete lack of a proper wing? That's what bugs me, at least.
R5's always have those tiny wings. Would obviously look better with a WRC style item, but then it wouldn't be as "affordable". ;)

Yeah, I think the previous Polo would have looked better to base the R5 on. 

I was wondering whether to mention that for fear of sounding too old - I'm bitter enough about the concept of numbers not being determined by seeding still...

Flag, first initial & last name in Helvetica, optional blood group if you want to look cool - driver & co-driver.

And the flag should be to the front of the car from the name. And the top name should be of the person that's sitting on that side of the car :D

tbtstt said:
R5's always have those tiny wings. Would obviously look better with a WRC style item, but then it wouldn't be as "affordable". ;)
You mean like this?

Didzis said:

And the flag should be to the front of the car from the name. And the top name should be of the person that's sitting on that side of the car :D
This person gets it

Didzis said:

This person gets it
although I'm not opposed to different fonts, as long as they're legible

Didzis said:
Didzis said:

This person gets it

Someone's going to be very disappointed to see '50 new' Gossip posts, when they realise those are about decal fonts and R5 wing sizes......

I'm 17 years old and I have issues with any driver name on the window which doesn't look like what you said... 

tbtstt said:
You mean like this?

Yep! Don't think the "+" configuration is eligible for many National Championships though? 

Didzis said:
Didzis said:

This person gets it

Someone's going to be very disappointed to see '50 new' Gossip posts, when they realise those are about decal fonts and R5 wing sizes......
Anyone who regularly visits this thread should know by now that there is a roughly 100/1 ratio of new DiRT news/random tangents!  

tbtstt said:
Didzis said:
Didzis said:

This person gets it

Anyone who regularly visits this thread should know by now that there is a roughly 100/1 ratio of new DiRT news/random tangents!  
My thought process was ‘ooh 15 new comments, something interesting must have happe... actually hang on, someone probably just said the wrong name for a Quattro or Subaru again.’

tbtstt said:
Didzis said:
Didzis said:

This person gets it

I'm pretty sure you meant it the other way round. The way you wrote it makes it look like there's 1 part random tangents and 100 parts DiRT news, while in reality it's the opposite :D

Didzis said:
Didzis said:

This person gets it

I saw 20 new posts and expected some big news but instead I was greeted with discussion about decal fonts and R5 wings.

It made me so angry I started to furiously run in a circle and scream "COMIC SANS" until I lost my voice.

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
You mean like this?

Yep! Don't think the "+" configuration is eligible for many National Championships though? 
The '+' is only for national level championships. Anything like the ERC, APRC etc, is out of the question.

EDIT: I've seen them in the UK, Poland, Spain, Portugal, don't know if they've gone more places.