DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Benniz said:
Are there plans on expanding the F2 class in the game?

I would love to see the VW Golf IV Kitcar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlFYmEQ-1fU

I reckon @justbiglee or @KickUp should drop a MASSIVE piece of DiRTy Gossip to celbrate 100,000 refreshes of a thread full of made up stuff :)

Something like:
'We have just started development of Battersea Gymkhana Area for DiRT Rally expansion DiRT Hoonigan'

or

'We have stopped work on making our engine and environment sounds even better and focused exclusively on new horn sounds.'

or, being serious right now
I dunno...

Well if they start throwing gymkhana into this otherwise brilliant game I'll have to stop playing... this hoonigan block gymkhana crap depresses me. What an insult to the sport. :(

Well if they start throwing gymkhana into this otherwise brilliant game I'll have to stop playing... this hoonigan block gymkhana crap depresses me. What an insult to the sport. :(
You never know they did say their open to any ideas for additional content.

You never know they did say their open to any ideas for additional content.
gymkhana is not content. It's not even worth a capital letter.

Anyone else notice they increased the price by £5?

I think the price in UK only increased by £1 - which is really low considering Pikes Peak and Germany packs were added to the game since the start of Early Access.

More info on price increase for other territories can be found in the recent Road Book blog:
http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/06/dirt-rally-road-book-260615/

'We have stopped work on making our engine and environment sounds even better and focused exclusively on new horn sounds.'
HORN PACK NEEDED.

Well I was looking forwards to getting home to play some more in the 306 Maxi but as its 31c outside, I can't just stay inside! Maybe later. 

tbtstt said:
HORN PACK NEEDED.
Also a return of the wobbly figurines on the dash.

See, I didn't mind Gymkhana that much in DiRT 3 and I understand the reasons why it was a part of the game. DiRT 3 was a commercial success and one of my favourite games.

Gymkhana in real life is quite good to watch as a drifting competition and I have nothing against it.

What I'm extremely happy about is that Codies really listened and made a much more focused and authentic game. The dev money and time was spent on features and core gameplay that players really care about and ask for.

I was just joking with the Gossip ideas - I'm pretty sure there's some great news/action coming our way this week/weekend - I was hoping to provoke a tiny bit of info spillage :P 

I've spent so many hours on DiRT 3 - I'll spend a lot more with DiRT Rally as it's exactly the game I wished for. Perhaps my annoying whining worked during the visits at Codies HQ :D

@justbiglee posted a photo of a SWEET DiRT Rally trophy ( #ThatTrophy ... ? Hmm). 
Lee and @KickUp are going to Holjes this weekend so go figure - what will the trophy be awarded for? :) 

See, I didn't mind Gymkhana that much in DiRT 3 and I understand the reasons why it was a part of the game. DiRT 3 was a commercial success and one of my favourite games.

Gymkhana in real life is quite good to watch as a drifting competition and I have nothing against it.

What I'm extremely happy about is that Codies really listened and made a much more focused and authentic game. The dev money and time was spent on features and core gameplay that players really care about and ask for.

I was just joking with the Gossip ideas - I'm pretty sure there's some great news/action coming our way this week/weekend - I was hoping to provoke a tiny bit of info spillage :P 

I've spent so many hours on DiRT 3 - I'll spend a lot more with DiRT Rally as it's exactly the game I wished for. Perhaps my annoying whining worked during the visits at Codies HQ :D

@justbiglee posted a photo of a SWEET DiRT Rally trophy ( #ThatTrophy ... ? Hmm). 
Lee and @KickUp are going to Holjes this weekend so go figure - what will the trophy be awarded for? :) 
Even if they did bring it back they can just release it as dlc and if anyone doesn't want to download it they don't have to.

And Christian Stevenson, we need him. How else are we gonna know that we should put it yootoob?
*SHUDDER* 

Well I was looking forwards to getting home to play some more in the 306 Maxi but as its 31c outside, I can't just stay inside! Maybe later. 
Pfft, that would just make it a more authentic experience, when you close all the windows and turn off the air conditioning...

Pfft, that would just make it a more authentic experience, when you close all the windows and turn off the air conditioning...
I've been on a rally when it's been around 32 outside, and I can tell you it's not a pleasant experience!

I have no much words to describe the Tarmac Terrors update! I'll talk about the stages for now! Without any doubt they are the best ones that I've tried in Rally games recently and for those who said that they're wide, in my opinion they aren't because the speed that you're running them, they feel "narrow". 

Kudos to the Art team, to @soundfx and all the sound team for the amazing work on sounds and to @KickUp for making the best Rally game that I ever played. Can't forget @justbiglee for being the best Community Manager that it's around the games industry (and yes I know a lot of them and they aren't like Lee). Basically kudos to all the persons involved on the game so far!

Can't wait for the RX pack and the Finland stages! 

Sitting reading these comments about how fun the update is while waiting for the update to download. Dang it hurry up I just want to get into

Tarmac terrors content is filled with gin and tonic. Thanks for the marvelous addition, it was excellent for DR's perpetuation. 

Darhour said:
Tarmac terrors content is filled with gin and tonic. Thanks for the marvelous addition, it was excellent for DR's perpetuation. 
Nah more like Beer and Sausage :wink: 

tbtstt said:
And Christian Stevenson, we need him. How else are we gonna know that we should put it yootoob?
*SHUDDER* 
Way to go Amigo
Even reading his lines grates on my nerves!

Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo "rallycross"... I don't think Codemasters have much to worry about!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcrMCkWrrao