DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

And the peugeot 205 T16 in the background !

I’m trying not to watch too much of the stages as I’d rather experience it for myself next month, but the start of that Aus stage with the jumps looks like a lot of fun!

Can thé co-driver bé turned off this time around during replay?

Good to see the 205!

Oscar97 said:
Well, don't get your hopes up, that's just wishful thinking. But Christina's comment about the R-GT class makes me think there's still at least one car we don't know about in that class, which could somehow mean we're missing even more.
That comment was made before we knew the Aston Martin existed so it was probably in relation to that. 
You're probably right. Still, we already knew about the 911 GT3 (obviously) and the pony cars at that time, so it makes me think she was talking about more than just one new car.

Oscar97 said:
Oscar97 said:
Well, don't get your hopes up, that's just wishful thinking. But Christina's comment about the R-GT class makes me think there's still at least one car we don't know about in that class, which could somehow mean we're missing even more.
That comment was made before we knew the Aston Martin existed so it was probably in relation to that. 
You're probably right. Still, we already knew about the 911 GT3 (obviously) and the pony cars at that time, so it makes me think she was talking about more than just one new car.
Well, assuming 38 as the final total of rally cars in the base game, I don't think RGT has space for more. We still have to make space for 3 Group B's, the Sierra Cosworth, the Lancia 037... No room.

Oscar97 said:
Oscar97 said:
Well, assuming 38 as the final total of rally cars in the base game, I don't think RGT has space for more. We still have to make space for 3 Group B's, the Sierra Cosworth, the Lancia 037... No room.
The list has now hit 36 rally cars (including the Porsche), add the 037 and Delta S4 that brings us to 38 (51 cars in total).

Fingers, legs, arms, toes and everything else crossed that there are a greater number of cars in the final version than the press build!

I’m pretty confident the 306 Maxi is in there. 
In that case we should be looking at a car list in the mid-50's, if not higher. 

Oscar97 said:
So the Polish stages are supposedly located in Łęczna county, which is pretty much halfway accross the country from where Rally Poland actually takes place. You might want to check out other Australian rallies because the stages we have probably aren't located in NSW either.
This is just the name. At least this stage is almost a copy or RL SS Baranowo from 2017's Rally Poland. See https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/370117#Comment_370117

Oscar97 said:
So the Polish stages are supposedly located in Łęczna county, which is pretty much halfway accross the country from where Rally Poland actually takes place. You might want to check out other Australian rallies because the stages we have probably aren't located in NSW either.
This is just the name. At least this stage is almost a copy or RL SS Baranowo from 2017's Rally Poland. See https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/370117#Comment_370117

That's the point; we're saying all the names are completely differebt places to the real life basis for the stage, so don't expect the Australian real stage to be in New South Wales and don't expect the US one to be New England (probably the real one is in Michigan - or they've made a fictional one to see if we can tell the difference!).

Keko55 said:
tbtstt said:
Didzis said:
Snaky115 said:
I am still stuck on that R-GT tease message by Christina (page 1473), i am hopeful for that class. If one Porsche is confirmed, why not a Cayman as second?  :D
There was a tweet some time ago about Codies recording sounds from an old Rothmans 911 (can't find it right now), so there might be more Porsches 
They recorded the 911 SC RS:

https://www.facebook.com/prodriveofficial/photos/pcb.2433609283335697/2433608120002480/?type=3&theater

And the Aston Martin GT3, for the sound of the RGT? Mmmmm

The GT3 is a V12, I believe the one in game is he GT4 based V8 (which has actually been replaced this year).

Keko55 said:
tbtstt said:
Didzis said:
Snaky115 said:
I am still stuck on that R-GT tease message by Christina (page 1473), i am hopeful for that class. If one Porsche is confirmed, why not a Cayman as second?  :D
There was a tweet some time ago about Codies recording sounds from an old Rothmans 911 (can't find it right now), so there might be more Porsches 
They recorded the 911 SC RS:

https://www.facebook.com/prodriveofficial/photos/pcb.2433609283335697/2433608120002480/?type=3&theater

And the Aston Martin GT3, for the sound of the RGT? Mmmmm

The GT3 is a V12, I believe the one in game is he GT4 based V8 (which has actually been replaced this year).
ill be happy if the sound is right, and i can be Delocour for a day 

Yes, the Aston Martin is a V8 Vantage GT4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e60cf8tyCWY

Oscar97 said:
Yes, the Aston Martin is a V8 Vantage GT4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e60cf8tyCWY

I hope it sounds like that in the game!

Turn Co-Driver off while viewing replay's, or give us an option to do that.

Ask and you shall receive apparently. We have some ingame Aston Martin footage and sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDmUZXS1oGY

Audi in australia is reallly great ! I can't wait to get the game :)

Aston do not have the noise of the real one, BUT the video is making me more confident on tarmac handling. The porsche in drift mode worried me a lot !! 

Anyone just have trouble getting onto the forum? I have been getting a blank screen and "503 Service Unavailable The origin has been unregistered from Argo Tunnel" for the last 15 minutes. The forum cannot fail today, there is a car list to finish! :smiley:

yes the same. Can it be some moderation regarding unauthorized video posted or something like that ?

tbtstt said:
Anyone just have trouble getting onto the forum? I have been getting a blank screen and "503 Service Unavailable The origin has been unregistered from Argo Tunnel" for the last 15 minutes. The forum cannot fail today, there is a car list to finish! :smiley:
Yeah I had this too a few minutes ago. Maybe something to do with the new forums?