F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

JorritVD said:
More footage. P1TV with the Polo R5 at New England
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi4WcKrI-xg
Don’t know if it has been mentioned but the 208 R2 is also confirmed in that video. And no Manta 400 at all. 

It's on the confirmed list already, so it's been acknowledge. Total count goes at 52 including the pre-order.

JorritVD said:
More footage. P1TV with the Polo R5 at New England
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi4WcKrI-xg
Don’t know if it has been mentioned but the 208 R2 is also confirmed in that video. And no Manta 400 at all. 
Yeah: Delta S4, 208 R2 and Sierra Cosworth all confirmed in that video: as you say though, no sign of the Group B RWD car(s)!

(Or kit car and 2000cc)

Group B Rwd is missing, there is just 4wd Group B!? Opel Manta was shown in picture post long ago, but in this build of game the group B Rwd is missing, when scroll to Car classes R2, Group B 4wd, then H3 Rwd..
Edit, Today i am just Too Late, just readed post..
The video goes forward and back through the classes, we don't see R-GT either, maybe the player went forward a few classes, then back to select the very last one instead of going through all classes. The Group B RWD might be the one just after Group B AWD ?
tbtstt said:
Possibly. Really looks like a Manta 400 to me though:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bot2WplgpSQ/?utm_source=ig_embed
It is a Manta, the Ascona has "fins" on either sides of its bonnet.

Definitely a Manta.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/RussellBrookesOpelManta400.jpg

I saw all gameplay footages so far an I must say thats not Dirt Rally 2.0, but DIRT 5 game! Physics on gravel, mud stages looking not so bad, but on tarmac.... Again hovercraft racing :(  On replays, for example Aston Martin in spain it looks terrible and so unrealistic. For those who expecting arcade game this is really good choice. But people who expecting simulation like me, are dissapointed... AGAIN :( Only two good choices for fans of rally simulation is RBR and Dirt Rally. Dirt 4 and DIRT 5 (Dirt Rally 2.0)  will be good for gamepad players.  Codemasters - why are You calling this Dirt Rally 2.0? Why are you make arcade game again? How long must we waiting for simulation??? 

And again only two stages per rally...... its a joke?
You post this as if DiRT Rally has perfect physics. I can’t go back to DiRT Rally now. It doesn’t feel right at all. 
Yes, Dirt Rally is not perfect too... Closest perfection is still old and good RBR. 
BTW,  VRC championship starting soon : http://rbr.onlineracing.cz/index.php?act=tour_startlist&torid=6395fce8a79ee3d3f8e27ef3aa076c74  :)
I saw all gameplay footages so far an I must say thats not Dirt Rally 2.0, but DIRT 5 game! Physics on gravel, mud stages looking not so bad, but on tarmac.... Again hovercraft racing :(  On replays, for example Aston Martin in spain it looks terrible and so unrealistic. For those who expecting arcade game this is really good choice. But people who expecting simulation like me, are dissapointed... AGAIN :( Only two good choices for fans of rally simulation is RBR and Dirt Rally. Dirt 4 and DIRT 5 (Dirt Rally 2.0)  will be good for gamepad players.  Codemasters - why are You calling this Dirt Rally 2.0? Why are you make arcade game again? How long must we waiting for simulation??? 

And again only two stages per rally...... its a joke?
Didn’t you get the memo? Codemasters only make popcorn games nowadays?
Yes, unfortunately :(
RBR tarmac physics were worse than Dirt Rally. Don't get difficulty confused with accuracy.

assetto corsa is the closet of what ive played in recent years. rbr like ice racing not realistic.

New footage DR2.0 from DiePixelHelden   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewkOhNuM0Qo

Guys the 14 is the location number, not the stage number. Look at the pics.
Also 6 Rally, 8 Rx = 14 Locations
And P1TV shows all R5 cars... not including any i20...

JorritVD said:
If we talk about pure visuals it really almost look identical to D4 from these vids. 

Even though we saw one screen with the Manta, it doesn't mean it won't be DLC with the 037 and the 911 SC RS. Or have I missed an 037 sighting?

Oh hey, what would you know. That Australia footage from 8:25 onwards is a little like Muresk (2002) in how it has multiple bunny hops going up an ascent into a cattle grid. Not exactly fully faithful to the real life stage though as the cattle grid is the final jump in real-life, Colin landed the car awkwardly that year and screwed the radiator. Wonder if it has been asphalted in places and stuff since 2002, because it was practically all gravel back then on the footage.

My search to try and pinpoint Australia stages goes on...

Even though we saw one screen with the Manta, it doesn't mean it won't be DLC with the 037 and the 911 SC RS. Or have I missed an 037 sighting?
Putting RWD Group B as DLC would be very weird. The Manta has been here since DiRT 3 and the 037 since DiRT Rally.

Perfect rally game for me including two important things 
1 physics
2 interesting and challenging iconic stages
. Dirt rally 2.0 have so many cars but stages like USA, Australia, New Zealand are looking the same for me . Spain is clean as a table boring . U haven't hairspin sections. Fast speed braking u know guys tahats all stuffs that make u smile and satisfied. For me personally physics is also not good . Big disappointed

Oscar97 said:
Putting RWD Group B as DLC would be very weird. The Manta has been here since DiRT 3 and the 037 since DiRT Rally.
Will be the same with GpB RX; models may exist but they may need more time to refine the physics. Especially if they're adding another car to the class.

Babz03 said:
Group B Rwd is missing, there is just 4wd Group B!? Opel Manta was shown in picture post long ago, but in this build of game the group B Rwd is missing, when scroll to Car classes R2, Group B 4wd, then H3 Rwd..
Edit, Today i am just Too Late, just readed post..
The video goes forward and back through the classes, we don't see R-GT either, maybe the player went forward a few classes, then back to select the very last one instead of going through all classes. The Group B RWD might be the one just after Group B AWD ?
tbtstt said:
Possibly. Really looks like a Manta 400 to me though:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bot2WplgpSQ/?utm_source=ig_embed
It is a Manta, the Ascona has "fins" on either sides of its bonnet.
After R5 Class is R2 Class, then is Group B 4wd, after that is H3 rwd, H2 rwd, H2 fwd and then H1 fwd
the Group B is really missing, 
1) Porsche 911 sc Rs can be the reason, they wouldnt show incomplete class, as it would be the 3 car in That class?
2) Group B RWD saved for DLC?
3) Or less chance is the reason that  WRC8 will have historic Cars? so maybe Codies cant Use the same Cars, that they will use in their game, as official WRC game? (thats why maybe 2000s class is missing?)

Oscar97 said:

Yeah, I agree it seems odd to have any of the previously rally cars classes reserved for DLC as they were all included in the previous game(s)...
Oscar97 said:
Will be the same with GpB RX; models may exist but they may need more time to refine the physics. Especially if they're adding another car to the class.
...however I would make an exception for the Group B rallycross cars as I thought they seemed undeveloped in D4 and, for the most part, the cars included didn't accurately reflect any real life examples of the cars. 

(Plus the specification listed for the RS200E was wrong, which still bugs me!)

JorritVD said:
The dash in the Fiesta is still the roadmode

After R5 Class is R2 Class, then is Group B 4wd, after that is H3 rwd, H2 rwd, H2 fwd and then H1 fwd
the Group B is really missing,
Yeah, re-watched the video, we can see he's hitting the left-most class (H1 FWD) and then goes back right, but we can also see there are classes after R5 as the right arrow cursor is still red. It's probably the R-GT class, but, pre-release build shenanigans could mean there is more than that afterwards (like group B RWD).

ShodanCat said:
In that video at 1:24, check the lights flicker... neat possibility for mechanical failure :)
It's kinda neat, but it's a Dirt 4 leftover I believe ;)

So is it pretty much confirmed that there is only 2 longer stages per location, then cut up and reversed like Dirt Rally? 

Dave gaming uploaded a video with ascona in argentina. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tpV_5R5GhA

griev0r said:
So is it pretty much confirmed that there is only 2 longer stages per location, then cut up and reversed like Dirt Rally? 
I think that was the expectation for most and has been confirmed in a few videos.