DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Well, I think we pretty much have seen the car list. Even though the Hyundai is missing, I'm extremely please with the R2, R4 and R5 classes, they feel very complete. Now, if only all those cars would have a nice selection of high quality liveries to choose from. Fingers crossed.
Hope season 1 content is rally-focused and delivers on some old favorites from DR.

sqdstr said:
Lynx2000 said:
JorritVD said:
New footage DR2.0 from DiePixelHelden   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewkOhNuM0Qo
The dash in the Fiesta is still the roadmode
It's the R2 Fiesta in that video, not the R5
oh oops just skipped through the video a little as to not see too much of the stages didnt notice it because of that

edgenz said:
Even if they just add DR1 Wales and Monte I'll be stoked
I'm betting on Sweden, Wales and Germany. One snow, one gravel, one tarmac.

Whatever stages they decide to bring back from DR, it'll be really, really cool being able to play them with the better granularity in weather and time of day along with the new surface degradation.

@ChristinaMc Reading about the transition to a new forum at the beginning of February made me think that would it be possible to create a Discord group for us DiRTy Gossipers? As far as I understood the forum is going to be read-only during the transition so we can't create new threads or post messages but I really need my daily dose of gossip in order to not get withdrawal symptoms :sunglasses:

Just watched the latest video and I really have to say New England looks unexpectedly good!
Well it still "looks" bad, as I don't like the autumn trees and flair at all... but the stage design is great! Narrow bridges, wide areas, narrow forest, mainly fast but going into some serious junctions and hairpins. Well done! Fears of a repeating dullness of Michigan have been relieved.

Just curious: Doesnt the R5 class all drive the same ? 4wd turbo compact hatches? I was wondering if i should be excited as a lot of us are for them coming to the game ,VS for example more older cars with characters that are distinct? It seems like most of them are on "rails" ? 

Jepsertti said:
@ChristinaMc Reading about the transition to a new forum at the beginning of February made me think that would it be possible to create a Discord group for us DiRTy Gossipers? As far as I understood the forum is going to be read-only during the transition so we can't create new threads or post messages but I really need my daily dose of gossip in order to not get withdrawal symptoms :sunglasses:
Gossip Thread: may cause hype for upcoming DiRT games, unhuman knowledge on everything rallying, addiction to DiRTy Gossip, Helicopterofilia, drops on the camera when going through watersplashes, need for a 206 WRC, unability to sign any contract with Toyota (even for renting a GT86), and hatred for everyone saying Impreza 22b and Sport Quattro S1 E2 in the wrong circumstances.

R5's probably behave similarly yes. I think the roster is more of an immersion thing. Its the class I'll probably use most in career and, I think 6+ cars is great for championship leaderboard variety.

Just curious: Doesnt the R5 class all drive the same ? 4wd turbo compact hatches? I was wondering if i should be excited as a lot of us are for them coming to the game ,VS for example more older cars with characters that are distinct? It seems like most of them are on "rails" ? 

In a way, yes. Just as modern WRC cars are all driving the same. And R2. That is actually the aim of regulations, to make the driver & copilot matter most and not the car,
I would call them controlled rather than on rails. Confidence in Motion if you talk like Subaru. If you can't drive you won't get anywhere with them either.
For me, can't speak for everyone, I like R5 as they are way more widespread than WRC. You see them in the top classes in most continental leagues and national leagues. The ERC is all R5 at the top.

ShodanCat said:
Also, once again Codies' sound team (guy? girl? people?) deserve massive props. There are very, very few racing sims that get the sound of a car right to the point where you can close your eyes and it sounds pretty much like you're watching real footage (or sitting in the real thing.) The Dirt series is definitely one of them.
@cmsoundfx is the man to praise! At least the only one on the team with a forum profile that I know of  B)

On another note, do you think anyone has told Mitsubishi that their spacestar r5 car is one of the ugliest things ever created by mankind?

Rallystu2 said:
On another note, do you think anyone has told Mitsubishi that their spacestar r5 car is one of the ugliest things ever created by mankind?
Probably not, because they aren't responsible for it.

Oh dear. Have I stepped into one of those cow-pats of car knowledge? A steaming pile filled with condescension and regret? 

Who is responsible?

edgenz said:
Even if they just add DR1 Wales and Monte I'll be stoked
Monte and Germany !
What we've seen of Australia kinda reminds me Wales : dark forests, bumpy roads and dangerous road sides...
On the other hand, New England seems to be the easiest location to me : relatively slow and tolerant road sides. Spain looks sadly monotonous and boring, Argentina is slow and technical, and NZ looks also interesting with a lot of curves and not so clean surfaces.

So we miss some fun asphalt, dry gravel (Greece or Cymrus, or Italy, or Mexico...), and some snow.

I really hope that what Stéphane Prévost said is true : that Codies already have 6 new countries in the polishing stage for the DLCs (which means seasons 3 and 4 almost confirmed).

My wishes would be : 

Season 1 - May 2019 : 
1 RX track
Sunny greece-like gravel rally (Cyprus or Italy)
Monte Carlo with DR1 stages + a new one
Group A rwd cars

Season 2 : August 2019
2 RX tracks
Rallye Safari Kenya
Group B rallycross cars

Season 3 : November 2019
Snow Rallye : Norway or Baltic countries.
Germany with DR1 stages + new vineyard stage
1 last RX track
Kit cars F2 category

Season 4 : February 2020
Rally Indonesia
New discipline : ice racing trophy Andros like with 2 tracks OR Hill climb.
Cars for ice racing 

Season 5 : May 2020
Manx rally
Rally Finland with DR1 stages + new one
1 new ice racing track
WRCs 2000 cars

Season 6 : August 2020
Mexico rally
Rally Wales with old DR1 tracks + a new one
1 new ice racing track
New car category

Is it possible that they reduced the price for Dirt Rally 2.0 PC? It is now 49.99€ for standard and 67.99€ for deluxe. Wasn't there like 59.99€ and 74.99€ before?

Rallystu2 said:
Where did you see that there will be 6 new countries added as dlc?
3 new locations per season, but they're divided by rally and rallycross.