DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
It could still be that it's only the good ol' 07 Focus and the 2001 Impreza though, which is good, but still kinda anticlimactic. 
Possibly but, given that it looked like we might have no 2000cc cars last week, I'll take something over nothing! 
What if it's not a teaser for 2000CC cars... but for S2000?
It could be. Given the amount of conversation about the 2000cc class in the last week or so though, @urgaffel surely wouldn't lead us astray with a confusing clue, would he? I mean it's not like that has happened before... :smiley:

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
It could still be that it's only the good ol' 07 Focus and the 2001 Impreza though, which is good, but still kinda anticlimactic. 
Possibly but, given that it looked like we might have no 2000cc cars last week, I'll take something over nothing! 
Doubt it, but I love the sound of those cars so I wouldn't mind  :)

New vid showing little new things like the visual settings : https://youtu.be/OCihj86yjBs

In this video the guy says, that Ross G. told on the press event, that within 6 months after release the snow tracks (Yes, he says tracks, plural) will come!!!
So, another gossip-train for snow locations guys... Monte & Sweden!!!!!

LutzM said:
In this video the guy says, that Ross G. told on the press event, that within 6 months after release the snow tracks (Yes, he says tracks, plural) will come!!!

Any other information gleaned?

Rallystu2 said:
LutzM said:

Nothing that hasn't been mentioned. Only thing they say is that track degradation almost makes no difference when you play it but it has influence on the player's time.

P308R said:
Rallystu2 said:
LutzM said:

Nothing that hasn't been mentioned. Only thing they say is that track degradation almost makes no difference when you play it but it has influence on the player's time.
Well then isn't that a difference? It makes a difference if the players time is differed...

LutzM said:

Tracks could easily mean a location with a single Long and its subsequent Sprints for 6 "stages" total even if it's just a single race split and reversed.

Now I hope I'm wrong and you're right here with there being multiple locations/tracks, but I would be hesitant to read too deep into those comments

Rallystu2 said:
P308R said:
Rallystu2 said:
LutzM said:

Well then isn't that a difference? It makes a difference if the players time is differed...
Yeah I agree. It is a bit funny the way it is said. During play the differences in degradation almost aren't noticable but it does influence the players time. I think he means to say that the track doesn't feel "that" different.

Maybe he means visually? There might not be a strong visual difference between 5th and 15th but the times may be different? 

I'd like to know if it simply penalizes the time in the end or you actually have less grip, resulting in loss of time. This should be clarified.
If I recall correctly, Ross said in an earlier interview that ruts would be formed and it would affect the stage and the driving.

P308R said:

Yeah I agree. It is a bit funny the way it is said. During play the differences in degradation almost aren't noticable but it does influence the players time. I think he means to say that the track doesn't feel "that" different.
This is how I have read it. We won't be seeing degradation but maybe we'll be getting patches of rubber on tight corners where 15 cars have been pulling the hbrake before you. Maybe on wet stages puddles will form up a bit in certain sections as the rally continues on. Basically, minor things (compared to digging ruts in the mud) that aren't going to add/subtract large chunks of time from your run but enough that certain degradation levels give "cleaner" lines to take resulting in a bit faster times.

When it comes to RX I'm kinda pissed and disappointed that some cars and tracks are not in the base game. Could you imagine the shitstorm if CM released F1 2019 with only two thirds of the tracks and teams, leaving rest for a DLC? Man, I would love for rally games not to be so niche.

OH MY GOD, FINALLY a glimpse into the settings. Temporal anti-aliasing confirmed.
It gets even better. We can turn off:
  • God rays
  • Chromatic aberration
  • Bloom
  • Lens flare
  • Lens dust
  • Light streaks (?)
I'm fairly certain, that all those mediocre-looking gameplay are form PS4/Xbox versions. Here's me hoping that lowering SSR will result in puddles being less mirrory.

When it comes to RX I'm kinda **** and disappointed that some cars and tracks are not in the base game. Could you imagine the **** if CM released F1 2019 with only two thirds of the tracks and teams, leaving rest for a DLC? Man, I would love for rally games not to be so niche.

OH MY GOD, FINALLY a glimpse into the settings. Temporal anti-aliasing confirmed.
  • God rays
  • Chromatic aberration
  • Bloom
  • Lens flare
  • Lens dust
  • Light streaks (?)
I'm fairly certain, that all those mediocre-looking gameplay are form PS4/Xbox versions. Here's me hoping that lowering SSR will result in puddles being less mirrory.
To be fair it's called Dirt Rally not Dirt Rallycross.

When it comes to RX I'm kinda **** and disappointed that some cars and tracks are not in the base game. Could you imagine the **** if CM released F1 2019 with only two thirds of the tracks and teams, leaving rest for a DLC? Man, I would love for rally games not to be so niche.
I don't think that's an entirely fair comparison, as there is no such thing as a "part time" entry in F1. The absence of GRX is the biggest omission in my eyes as they were a full time team last year and they haven't made it into the game (I assume due to licensing).

It is a shame that every entrant isn't represented, but some cars were only present for a handful of rounds and, despite my love of rallycross, with the limited resources CM have I would rather see those resources committed to bringing more rally cars in than sporadic rallycross competitors. 

I do agree that it's a shame about the tracks. I suspect that the season will be completed via DLC, however it would be better to have it in the base game: wanting that could delay the game until later in the year though, so perhaps it's better this way (though of course that extra content will cost you more). 

toninus said:
New vid showing little new things like the visual settings : https://youtu.be/OCihj86yjBs
Looking at the replay controls at the start of the video I don't see a command for Photo Mode.
I guess there isn't a Photo Mode in this game but I still hold out that one shows up eventually :smile:

• God rays
  • Chromatic aberration
  • Bloom
  • Lens flare
  • Lens dust
  • Light streaks (?)
That's more down to the deal between the series promoter and the manufacturers. As @tbtstt says, they have all the registered manufacturer entries but can't legislate for any and all privateers in the series.

There's a reason some series want to have their own rulesets which are used almost exclusively within that series; it enables them to have ownership. Notice that Codemasters have few problems using cars that ran in WRC from before 2000, likely because the classes represented in WRC were generic FIA classes (Group A, Group 4, Group B etc) and not a 'WRC' specific spec, like the current cars. Series running GT3 cars have a similar issue - Raceroom have never been able to get a full GT Masters grid because manufacturer entries to GT Masters don't automatically grant the series image rights over the cars. Conversely, the agreement between F1 and its teams gives F1 the right to licence out those details. But each series is different - WRX may have that right only for manufacturer entries (in 2018: Peugeot Sport, Volkswagen Motorsport, Audi Sport) or it might not have it at all - we'll likely never know.

Nice to see we can turn off certain effects indeed - hopefully post-live launch can introduce filter options or allow us to play with colours.

tbtstt said:
The absence of GRX is the biggest omission in my eyes as they were a full time team last year and they haven't made it into the game (I assume due to licensing).

Hyundai and Seat are currently very conspicuous by their absences indeed. I hope we've not gone two steps forward (Skoda, Citroen) and two back (Seat, Hyundai)!

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
I would be disappointed AF!

tbtstt said:
Out of interest what group did you see that in? Did those words come directly from Oliver? 
No, from Magnus N Okkenhaug. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rallycrosstalk/permalink/1340301336111743/
Couldn't mean anyhting though.

tbtstt said:

Yeah, the DS3 did appear in the 2018 Championships but, in my personal opinion, it wasn't a significant car in any of the three IMG run Championships last year. Equally the Ibiza and Focus were both there, but neither were major players in the overall Championships. 

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see the DS3 make it into the game as it's my favourite rallycross car to drive in DR and D4. 
So why the MINI Countryman was in DiRT 4 than? The SEAT Ibiza has a few less entres this season, but almost similar to the MINI in 2016, and next to that had a full season in ERX and a guest entry in ARX.

Also Ford has always been heavily involved in DiRT, like Subaru. So also in that case the Focus should be in imo.

Moar gameplay :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjB2gaTVa7Y

Stage is 25 kilometers too short.

JorritVD said:
tbtstt said:
Out of interest what group did you see that in? Did those words come directly from Oliver? 
No, from Magnus N Okkenhaug. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rallycrosstalk/permalink/1340301336111743/
Couldn't mean anyhting though.
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, not sure how accurate some of the information in that group is. I regularly post there and. although some people in it are directly involved with the teams, others seem to pick up on random speculation and post it as fact!
JorritVD said:
tbtstt said:

Yeah, the DS3 did appear in the 2018 Championships but, in my personal opinion, it wasn't a significant car in any of the three IMG run Championships last year. Equally the Ibiza and Focus were both there, but neither were major players in the overall Championships. 

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see the DS3 make it into the game as it's my favourite rallycross car to drive in DR and D4. 
So why the MINI Countryman was in DiRT 4 than? The SEAT Ibiza has a few less entres this season, but almost similar to the MINI in 2016, and next to that had a full season in ERX and a guest entry in ARX.
At the time the JRM MINI program looked like it had a lot of potential, so I'm sure it was logical to include it then (if it had been known how much of a disappointment that program would be I guess they wouldn't have bothered!).

Official manufacturer involvement was far less back then so I suspect there was less of a drive to push certain teams (i.e. the works ones). Of course that works both ways as, if you remember, it was the absence of manufacturer endorsement that prevented the Audi S1 from appearing in previous DiRT titles.

The financial commitment from JRM and Munnich in 2016 pales in comparison to the money that VW, EKS, Peugeot and even GRX have invested in the last 18 months. I could be jumping to unfair conclusions, but I am sure it is expected that their investment is (or rather was) rewarded with representation in official World RX output, including games etc. 
JorritVD said:

Also Ford has always been heavily involved in DiRT, like Subaru. So also in that case the Focus should be in imo.
Given that Ford pulled the plug on their World RX programme seemingly in favour of backing M-Sport in the WRC I can't imagine they are flavour of the week with IMG. The full time (and close to full time) World RX entries using Fords look to be included and, in my opinion, they are the cars that deserve to be in (especially OMSE and STARD). 

The Focus RS RX was involved in a partial, non-manufacturer backed, effort in 3/4 of the ARX Championship in 2018. It's far from the level of commitment that other privateers have put in and, as much as I would like to see the car back, I don't think the historic involvement of the marque with the DiRT game is enough to automatically earn it a place in licensed rallycross content. 

toninus said:
What did he say on video 3:15 - 3:20? Sounds like he is speaking about Finland and Sweden or did it mean something else?

Rallywil1 said:
toninus said:
What did he say on video 3:15 - 3:20? Sounds like he is speaking about Finland and Sweden or did it mean something else?
he said its *bad in someway* that there is not snowy tracks like Sweden or Finland (most likley he missleaded that Finland was snow location) but Ross did said or confirmed that in the first 6 months we will get snow tracks (Location)..

Rallywil1 said:
toninus said:
he said its *bad in someway* that there is not snowy tracks like Sweden or Finland (most likley he missleaded that Finland was snow location) but Ross did said or confirmed that in the first 6 months we will get snow tracks (Location)..
Finland can be a snow location; Arctic Rally was on this weekend and is an event with a lot of history. It was also in RBR.