DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I think the dev team deserve a big well done for making this happen, particularly @justbiglee 
Not just for this, but for everything! I've been playing a lot the last 2 days (have only really done the odd 30 min blast) and the whole game is incredible! All other developers should take note on the detail of suspension and drivetrain modelling!

I think that Rallycross will be more popular than the Rally side of DiRT rally ;)  Canit wait :)

tbtstt said:
Boooom first screenshots of Holjes with plenty of Monster branding! But can't see any FIA World RX logos

https://twitter.com/FIAWorldRX/status/616614208696909824?s=09
Temptation to go to PC World after work, buy a new PC and download DiRT Rally: HIGH.

SO. MUCH. WANT.

@tbtstt I would never want to interfere with your purchasing decisions, but DO IT!

It would be awesome to punt you off in the first corner ;]

tbtstt said:
Boooom first screenshots of Holjes with plenty of Monster branding! But can't see any FIA World RX logos

Temptation to go to PC World after work, buy a new PC and download DiRT Rally: HIGH.

SO. MUCH. WANT.

@tbtstt I would never want to interfere with your purchasing decisions, but DO IT!

But not PC world... try scan!

tbtstt said:

SO. MUCH. WANT.

Hehehe @tbtstt I want also revange at RX against u Steve! I mean the time that we battled online in D3 wasnt fair ;-) xD 

tbtstt said:

SO. MUCH. WANT.

Mentioning that gives me flashbacks of DiRT 3 rallycross online: I can already feel the rage at being rammed off on the first corner through no fault of my own... :angry: 

cmsoundfx said:
tbtstt said:

SO. MUCH. WANT.

But not PC world... try scan!
I can't wait wait for home delivery @cmsoundfx : I need a PC, now I tell you! :smiley: 

I *really* hate to rub this in your faces guys, but all going well I'll get to try the RX update over the weekend.... :D :D :D

@tbtstt what other game would you get a PC for? Console release may happen eventually, but do you really want to see us rave about the RX content for 12 months while you don't have it home? Hm? :)

Truth be told, the reason I got a PC last August was that after my visit to Codies I expected something DiRTy to come out in 2014. It didn't, but a good gaming PC if fantastic to play all games in 1080p@60fps.

From what I've seen DiRT Rally is well optimised so even on a mid-spec PC it looks and plays really well.

So Holjes track has been confirmed, I reckon a certain UK based track with a bit of history in RX will be there too and there was a third location certain Mr Lee travelled to on a research trip.

I actually don't know what the third location is!

you should all stop tempting me to get a proper PC!

I *really* hate to rub this in your faces guys, but all going well I'll get to try the RX update over the weekend.... :D :D :D

@tbtstt what other game would you get a PC for? Console release may happen eventually, but do you really want to see us rave about the RX content for 12 months while you don't have it home? Hm? :)
Just so you know @GentleNameMVB you're officially off my Christmas card list now. 

Considering my laptop can't handle rain, I doubt it will like a bunch of screaming rallycross cars on track at once! :(

I've just watched a replay of @dirtgame Periscope stream: https://www.periscope.tv/w/aGVbXDE4NTMxNTl8MzI1MTg5NDcjyea_G8s6zEb6q1p4gCM_lFSrs4mDTmSoXIiQ_8g2ZQ==

There was a mention that the devs are hoping that the VW Polo will be in the first RX update

@KickUp also said they'll be based within Swedish Motorsport Foundation tent, so my guess is that tomorrow they'll be running a hot lap/race time competition for young drivers and RX drivers. I guess the trophy will be awarded to the winner :) 

The rallycross circuits would suit quite well for a little test area for all cars in game. Mixed tarmac and gravel, jumps, high speed turns etc. No trees to worry about. A nice place to throw the car around getting to know it.

Here's the proper review video, with cars confirmed too

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/616690690244890624

damn beaten to it

The only cars I've spotted were the Olsberg's Ford Fiesta and Petter Solberg's Citroen DS3.

AI driver names in one of the segments had Grosset-Janin, Veiby and Pucher - Fiesta wit Timerzyanov's livery appeared in the video. Hopefully, the VW Polo makes it into the first pack so that VW Marklund and VW Sweden teams will be represented.

What about Peugeot Hansen?  Maybe that car will be added in the Expansion

macebig said:
A chance for an updated Fiesta and a DS3 WRC.Bring it on.
That's an interesting subject. While they may have done some modelling for the RX cars the WRC versions have quite different internals and worse still the licence for them may belong to someone else. 

For example is the current Ford Fiesta WRC licence owned by M-Sport or Ford? 

In any case the RX pack is looking sweet :) I'm sure the visuals will be improved once it's released and in our hands :D 

Ok, I am absolutely floored by this news, and that video????  Holy nuts!  I can see spending quite a bit of time in RX.  Interesting about the body panels revealing so much, guess thats RX, funny its not in the Stage rally side of DR.

Also saw lots of proper LINGERING dust particles on the dirt/gravel surfaces, thats perfect.

Really it just popped into my head how this could easily turn into a Rally School edition using one of these tracks or something like it, to FINALLY play around with handling and some instruction/guidance

Sorry for interjecting wishes amongst the RX excitement.  

This is really looking good.

Edit:  Oh I guess they will have to update the driver models too, Jon can't be driving every care at once!
:smile: 

macebig said:
A chance for an updated Fiesta and a DS3 WRC.Bring it on.
That's an interesting subject. While they may have done some modelling for the RX cars the WRC versions have quite different internals and worse still the licence for them may belong to someone else. 

For example is the current Ford Fiesta WRC licence owned by M-Sport or Ford? 

In any case the RX pack is looking sweet :) I'm sure the visuals will be improved once it's released and in our hands :D 

It was written a few time ago that you need to agree with both M-Sport and Ford.Nonetheless the main model is quite similar so it is easier to start from there than from scratch. 

You know to really make this a SIM for RX, and since Monster Energy is involves, what is missing?

Monster Energy Girls ;)

gfRally said:
You know to really make this a SIM for RX, and since Monster Energy is involves, what is missing?

Monster Energy Girls ;)
Lol. To be honest these are the two things I'm not that fond of in todays rallycross. Monster Energy, sideways caps, and the girls are hot and all that, but cmon, it's 2015. Do the sport really need that to draw interest?

bogani said:
gfRally said:

Monster Energy Girls ;)
Lol. To be honest these are the two things I'm not that fond of in todays rallycross. Monster Energy, sideways caps, and the girls are hot and all that, but cmon, it's 2015. Do the sport really need that to draw interest?

If it gets women involved, then yes I'm for it....  errrr I don't think thats what they mean....  lol