F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Rallystu2 said:
Yea hopefully we get info instead of pure gameplay. Need those km's confirmed.

Quite how @christinamc thinks she can swan off on her jollies at this critical time I'll never know.
Hahaha, it was booked ages ago, it just fell over a rubbish week - it was my wife's birthday (which is lucky, as she's the only person in the world I'd miss a rally experience for). I'm back now though - you guys have been busy  :D
Great to have you back, and happy birthday to your wife! A perfect present for her, in my opinion would be public knowledge of the stage quantity in Dirt rally 2.0. 

This week on DiRT Rally 2.0.

The CM team continues its press tour in Milan:
https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/3c337315a9e7a86b8c2e1d3cc93f552f/5C53C20E/t50.12441-16/51235830_962292170628344_1267878870320255636_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com

And Jon gets a biscuit:
https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/4ff03a18e3740392c5c7b7a1b2daf8c5/5C53F75D/t50.12441-16/51488853_2466054333624007_1829542655871818244_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com

@tbtstt I saw that C3 R5 livery too, I hope liveries get added to the game in patches or in DLC seasons (alongside the other content)

Some more german footage from P1TV. with the Subaru RX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=361XadFfbJQ

Rallystu2 said:
Rallystu2 said:

Quite how @christinamc thinks she can swan off on her jollies at this critical time I'll never know.
Hahaha, it was booked ages ago, it just fell over a rubbish week - it was my wife's birthday (which is lucky, as she's the only person in the world I'd miss a rally experience for). I'm back now though - you guys have been busy  :D
Great to have you back, and happy birthday to your wife! A perfect present for her, in my opinion would be public knowledge of the stage quantity in Dirt rally 2.0. 
On stages:

- There are 4 long routes at each location (two are reverses of the first two)

- There are roughly 25-30km per location - 
Argentina’s on the shorter side and Poland’s on the longer side, but the shorter locations have a greater amount of technicality

- Itineraries and stages are available in Event Preview screens, available in the Service Areas, and shown on Loading Screens. Five classes run in Career Rally events - and all of them can be seen on Running Order screens. Loops of stages is something we want to do in the future, so we can do it properly and have routes degrade differently across an entire weekend realistically

And I know you've asked somewhere about Hardcore Damage mode too! So on that:

- Hardcore penalties are double what they are in normal rallies. Hardcore Damage can be roughly explained as one big accident ending your rally, whereas 'normal' damage you can probably get away with a few incidents. So basically, instead of costing you 30 seconds and a place or two, a big incident will cause you terminal damage and probably points from the event. Good luck ;)

Rallystu2 said:
Rallystu2 said:

On stages:

- There are roughly 25-30km per location - Argentina’s on the shorter side and Poland’s on the longer side, but the shorter locations have a greater amount of technicality

- Itineraries and stages are available in Event Preview screens, available in the Service Areas, and shown on Loading Screens. Five classes run in Career Rally events - and all of them can be seen on Running Order screens. Loops of stages is something we want to do in the future, so we can do it properly and have routes degrade differently across an entire weekend realistically

- Hardcore penalties are double what they are in normal rallies. Hardcore Damage can be roughly explained as one big accident ending your rally, whereas 'normal' damage you can probably get away with a few incidents. So basically, instead of costing you 30 seconds and a place or two, a big incident will cause you terminal damage and probably points from the event. Good luck ;)
Thank you very much. That level of openness is always great to have.

I'm sad to see stage loops aren't ready yet, but I'm glad it's being worked on, and hardcore damage sounds perfect!

May the rest of your days be filled with sunshine and happiness.

Rallystu2 said:

Welcome back! 

So, how many bicycles did you get hit by?  :D

Some footage from GameKings (dutch - need to turn of adblock if you use that)
https://www.gamekings.tv/videos/dirt-rally-2/

Very good to know Hardcore Damage stands for its name. Something that got a bit lame in DiRT Rally over time, was the fact that more experienced drivers stopped fearing big accidents because it wouldn't be terminal and it would somehow compensate the push. This time around seems like people will have to be more careful and balance things up, which is nice.

Glad to know stage loop is in the works. This will also play a very interesting factor in rallies ;)

Rallystu2 said:
Rallystu2 said:

On stages:

- There are roughly 25-30km per location - Argentina’s on the shorter side and Poland’s on the longer side, but the shorter locations have a greater amount of technicality

Thanks for that, really appreciate the clarity. Think the game, with the limits in place as to the number of unique KMs that can be built to this quality, would benefit immensely from stage loops. Also means drivers would experience more of the stage degradation, as they could effectively experience "1st position" in the morning and "70th position" in the afternoon 'loop'.

Hardcore damage sounds like what we've been asking for too - I'm hoping it can be refined to make punctures more likely for running off the road, or something like that, but sounds like a huge step in the right direction for those of us who really enjoyed the 'risks' presented by some rallies in the first game (I enjoyed the 'fear' of the Monte Carlo cliffs).

hi guys

you think it's possible that with season 1and2 they add 5wrc cars (not of 2019 but maybe 2018?)
i would like to have those wrc with 380bhp :P
looking forward hopefully

Welcome back @ChristinaMc! Could we get a peek into season 1 of the DLC this week? You were hoping to show something in the end of January and it'd give us something to chat about while we wait for the new and improved forums.

teknoid85 said:
hi guys

you think it's possible that with season 1and2 they add 5wrc cars (not of 2019 but maybe 2018?)
Nope. This won't happen.

However, I would guess that the R5s will feel a little beefed up compared to the real ones (judging by the extra grip the RX cars appear to have based on their laptimes), so I imagine they'll likely feel very close. Aware it's not quite the same though, but personally I prefer the R5 class as a base.

teknoid85 said:
hi guys

It's unlikely given the focus on r5. We may however get cars from the early 2000s, but again this is wishful thinking at this stage.

teknoid85 said:
hi guys

Nope. This won't happen, but the R5s are a little beefed up compared to the real ones, so they'll likely feel very close.
You state it as it's a fact with beefed up R5's. How did you come to that conclusion? 

Well I sure hope Loops can make into Dirt Rally 2.0 some point soon in the game's lifespan, because that is the dream right there. I'll give all the money for that plus additional stages and additional locations.

On stages:

Ouch! The bug is back, it has translated 2 stages into 4 :D.

So 2 long stages per location + 2 long reversed + 4 sections of each long stage + 4 sections reversed of each long stage = 12 stages. Thanks for the confirmation.

Any news about the DLC strategy? It would be nice to know price and what's included before buying the game. Think that the ones waiting for this to buy will buy the game cheaper later on if nothing is said. Any clarifications?

Recommended:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • OS: 64bit versions of Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X or Intel Core i5 8600K
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56 or NVIDIA GTX 1070
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible soundcard
Why is a NASA computer recommended? Graphics looks kind of similar to Dirt 4, plus it runs on consoles? Is this a port? Dirt Rally was awesome because it was a PC game in first place.

Recommended:
Why is a NASA computer recommended? Graphics looks kind of similar to Dirt 4, plus it runs on consoles? Is this a port? Dirt Rally was awesome because it was a PC game in first place.

That's not a NASA computer. My pc is 3+ years old and meets all that beside CPU.

I have a GTX 1070 but I do feel the requirements are slightly steep. Hope this will do 1080p 60fps on max.

Evilsmurf said:
    Recommended:

That's not a NASA computer. My pc is 3+ years old and meets all that beside CPU.
Those CPU were launched on Q4 2017 and Q1 2018. I know most people have great machines, but I'm just curious if a lower spec computer will run it fine too.

bogani said:
teknoid85 said:
hi guys

Nope. This won't happen, but the R5s are a little beefed up compared to the real ones, so they'll likely feel very close.
You state it as it's a fact with beefed up R5's. How did you come to that conclusion? 
Sorry, you're completely correct - I've edited my post to make it clear that that's my opinion based on how much quicker the RX cars appear to be than their real life counterparts.

1070gtx is 2 years old now. so its not that high. its just a standard modernish gaming pc. for recommended. which is normally higher anyway.

also remember this will probably be for max settings at 1080 just turn settings down if you below. it is 2019. the gpus listed are from 2017.

Recommended:

Is that genuine? Wow, that's a very new graphics card recommendation. No worries, I was meaning to get one once the bitcoin trend died down a little anyway...