• OS: 64bit versions of Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X or Intel Core i5 8600K
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56 or NVIDIA GTX 1070
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible soundcard
Why is a NASA computer recommended? Graphics looks kind of similar to Dirt 4, plus it runs on consoles? Is this a port? Dirt Rally was awesome because it was a PC game in first place.

That's not a NASA computer. My pc is 3+ years old and meets all that beside CPU.
Those CPU were launched on Q4 2017 and Q1 2018. I know most people have great machines, but I'm just curious if a lower spec computer will run it fine too.
DiRT 4 also has high recommended specs but as long as you don't want to play in ultra it's fairly easy to run it.

teknoid85  maybe ,it is necessary  upgrade for have the  wrc because WRC 2018 and 2019 is same and in WRC this year  you have  only 4 car . 

@christinamc, do you have info regarding offline multiplayer/hotseat. Or a date on when we might hear something regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

gk9147 said:
teknoid85  maybe ,it is necessary  upgrade for have the  wrc because WRC 2018 and 2019 is same and in WRC this year  you have  only 4 car . 
Could you quote posts please, because this random comment makes absolutely no sense otherwise. In fact a lot of your posts don’t make sense anyway. 

well i think im ok with 1070Ti....................still think that needing a  card that still sells for $200-300  is a bit much though for a game with one car on track LOL 

Why not post the minimum as well?
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • OS: 64bit versions of Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10
  • Processor: AMD FX4300 or Intel Core i3 2130
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD HD7750 or NVIDIA GTX650Ti
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible soundcard

bogani said:
teknoid85 said:
hi guys

you think it's possible that with season 1and2 they add 5wrc cars (not of 2019 but maybe 2018?)
i would like to have those wrc with 380bhp :P
looking forward hopefully
Nope. This won't happen, but the R5s are a little beefed up compared to the real ones, so they'll likely feel very close.
You state it as it's a fact with beefed up R5's. How did you come to that conclusion? 
Sorry, you're completely correct - I've edited my post to make it clear that that's my opinion based on how much quicker the RX cars appear to be than their real life counterparts.
I'm not saying it's wrong, because the RX cars are def faster than their real life counterparts. If that it's down to power or a grip issue or a combination of both, not really sure. I'm not certain that carries over to the Rally part though. 

Well I hope it will run fine with my 1060 GTX and my old i5 3750K... Most games still do. And I'm waiting for the next generation consoles to upgrade...

For the record, my 770 GTX runs DiRT 4 on medium at 70 FPS, and on high at an unstable 45 - 60 FPS. DR 2.0 isn't going to be much more demanding than that.

JorritVD said:
Some footage from GameKings (dutch - need to turn of adblock if you use that)
https://www.gamekings.tv/videos/dirt-rally-2/
It really makes me laugh when I hear their impressions. It is still that guy that has no driverslicense which claims since 15 years he is a total racinggame addict. Very hard to believe and their video is filled with non-info.

No idea what's going on here, but in case anyone wants to see the Milan event...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZMVOfClynE

So how much flexibility in terms of time of day and weather is there? I mean is it a full time of day system where any time can be selected, or like Dirt 4 with night/early morning/noon/dusk (or whatever the specifics were, I forget right now.)

I preordered on Steam yesterday... I've seen enough gameplay now that it looks promising enough. :)

No idea what's going on here, but in case anyone wants to see the Milan event...

Ghost car confirmed I suppose. Whoever uses it I don't know.

I still have a GTX970 which I'm sure will still be fine for now...
Me too. Will just have to try it and see I guess. 
I just bought a second Gtx 970, so I guess it will be good if sli is supported, oh wait... I am not buying the game, well at least not now. 

Hi all, got another quick question :smile:

Has there been any word on if console users will be able to share setups in-game or download setups from other players/leaderboards?

In DiRT Rally you could share setup files on the Steam Workshop but us console users had to hope that somebody shared screenshots in a forum thread, and very few people elected  to do so.

Evilsmurf said:
    Recommended:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • OS: 64bit versions of Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X or Intel Core i5 8600K
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56 or NVIDIA GTX 1070
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible soundcard
Why is a NASA computer recommended? Graphics looks kind of similar to Dirt 4, plus it runs on consoles? Is this a port? Dirt Rally was awesome because it was a PC game in first place.

That's not a NASA computer. My pc is 3+ years old and meets all that beside CPU.
Those CPU were launched on Q4 2017 and Q1 2018. I know most people have great machines, but I'm just curious if a lower spec computer will run it fine too.
That's RECOMMENDED (High settings, stable Framerate)

Not minimal.

You will be able to run it on lower specs

Great... They called in a journalist from Eurosport who usually comments FIA WEC and Formula E. He called the Fiesta R2 a "Ford FOCUS R2 with 1600cc and 1030kg". Well, at least the weight was right.
I mean, he knows his stuff... as far as track racing goes, he knows A LOT actually.
But I always had the feeling that he was looking down on rally drivers, stating that circuit racers always did better in the Race of Champions, that it was harder for rally drivers to make the switch to circuits rather than the other way round (eg Kubica and Raikkonen) and generally implying that rally drivers weren't as good technically as their tarmac counterparts because they were too "violent" in their driving and couldn't keep the car well balanced between understeer and oversteer on the circuit.
Like, keeping the car balanced is what rally drivers do literally ALL THE TIME when on the stage.

On the positive side, everyone who tried the game said it felt like an improvement over DiRT Rally and that it was a proper simulation

EDIT 1: The same commentator confused the fact that rally drivers use both brake and accelerator at the same time to balance the car with heel and toe. Just sayin'. Of course he thinks they don't balance the car then... 

^ thats some uneducated comments from a young guy.Everyone knows what rally drivers are able to do on tarmac on "uneven" tarmac,lot of stuff that would catch out a seasoned circuit racer sometimes 

carpa said:

But I always had the feeling that he was looking down on rally drivers, stating that circuit racers always did better in the Race of Champions, that it was harder for rally drivers to make the switch to circuits rather than the other way round (eg Kubica and Raikkonen) and generally implying that rally drivers weren't as good technically as their tarmac counterparts because they were too "violent" in their driving and couldn't keep the car well balanced between understeer and oversteer on the circuit.
That's pretty dumb given that the team cup has been won by team Nordic (with the WRX champ) and the single driver who won it this year is ... a Rally driver :D

Recommended specs are just that. My GTX 1060 6GB easily hits stable 60 FPS in 1440@ with details slightly lower than ultra. Is it good optimization though? Nah, I'd say it's more due to dated look.