DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

^ thats some uneducated comments from a young guy.Everyone knows what rally drivers are able to do on tarmac on "uneven" tarmac,lot of stuff that would catch out a seasoned circuit racer sometimes 
Those comments didn't come from the two guys from the preview image... The one on the left, while mainly a rider, knew enough about rally driving to be amazed by it, and the one on the right admitted he didn't know much about the sport but was still impressed 

Rally and circuit racing require pretty different skills. I wouldn't say rally drivers are necessarily better than circuit drivers.

Oscar97 said:
Rally and circuit racing require pretty different skills. I wouldn't say rally drivers are necessarily better than circuit drivers.
I'm not saying that either. The two disciplines require different approaches and skills. But saying rally drivers are inferior is a FAR different thing

Footage from Pixelconnect                     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKF2odaduM

Don't forget that it's very likely the cars handling model between Stage and Circuit are at least partially separate, like they were in DR and D4, i know the tyre model has always been different due to RX cross ply tyres and official Cooper data. 
That said, i wouldn't base performance expectations of one discipline using info from the other.

What sort of location is this one with the snow??  Scroll down for photo

https://www-dreamteamfc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dreamteamfc.com/c/gaming/439122/dirt-rally-2-0-hyper-realistic-sim-racer-release-trailer-interview/amp/?usqp=mq331AQECAEoAQ%3D%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#

JJHayhill said:

https://www-dreamteamfc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dreamteamfc.com/c/gaming/439122/dirt-rally-2-0-hyper-realistic-sim-racer-release-trailer-interview/amp/?usqp=mq331AQECAEoAQ%3D%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#
Errr.....

You're right. I don't either. I also don't recognise the cockpit. But it seems highly unlikely that some dude at dream team has a world exclusive dr2 Monte screenshot

JJHayhill said:

Errr.....

It isn't DR2.
The glove-model is different to all the others in the vids. And the wide door looks like a modern WRC car. And the road resolution is edgy and low as with WRC7.
My educated guess would be WRC 7 (Monte) or a sneek peek of WRC 8.

EDIT: Gloves in picture have thick strip going middle between pointer and thumb. On all DR2 vids so far (just checked to be sure) there is a thick strip going all the way up the pointer. Also no droplets on windscreen and different lightning feel.

Definitely seems like one of the WRC games, since the steering wheel and interior are a pretty striking match for the Ford.

Great timing for my Xbox to die! This is almost as bad as when my 360 broke two days before GTAV came out

ediy: turns out it’s a Microsoft problem affecting loads of people, false alarm!

Great timing for my Xbox to die! This is almost as bad as when my 360 broke two days before GTAV came out

ediy: turns out it’s a Microsoft problem affecting loads of people, false alarm!
I've been worrying about just what will break on release day. I've secured a free weekend on the 22nd 23rd and 24th. Nothing can get in my way. Except an act of God. I'm fanning my ps4 and massaging my tv on a regular basis atm.

You have something busted too? My PC has a dead PSU and is in for repairs. Hopefully no extra damage done...

You have something busted too? My PC has a dead PSU and is in for repairs. Hopefully no extra damage done...
I thought it was the common ‘black screen of death’ for Xbox one, but looking online everyone has the same issue, so hopefully it should be alright once Microsoft have fixed their issues. I wonder if they’ve tried turning it of and on again?

Does anyone know if CREST will be supported in DR2? It was in beta for DR1 I found it useful to see the faster players braking points and gearing.

Well at least you have got a few weeks to get it resolved before the game is out! 

tbtstt said:

Well at least you have got a few weeks to get it resolved before the game is out! 
It’s fixed, it was a problem with Xbox live causing it not to boot up properly. I kind of wasn’t too upset because I sort of really want to upgrade from the OG Xbox One to the One X, but at least now I’ll carry on saving my money for more important things!

Recommended:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • OS: 64bit versions of Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 10
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X or Intel Core i5 8600K
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56 or NVIDIA GTX 1070
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible soundcard
Why is a NASA computer recommended? Graphics looks kind of similar to Dirt 4, plus it runs on consoles? Is this a port? Dirt Rally was awesome because it was a PC game in first place.

seems ok for high settings to me, looking at the minimum requirements I'd probably still be able to play it on my GTX 670 If it hadn't chucked the bucket. Boy those #NOVRNOBUY snowflakes woulda been needing RTX titans to play it in VR though I bet haha.