DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

jonny174 said:
P308R said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml_ZleIO4mY

Looks like a fun little track to practice around in  :D Love to see that appearing in DIRT2.0 for testing out cars!
I legit thought Jon was driving topless until I looked again  :D

Sorry, I am so pale haha :D
You should at "Rambo" between your first and last name. In a bloody t-shirt in the middle of winter... :D

jonny174 said:
P308R said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml_ZleIO4mY

Looks like a fun little track to practice around in  :D Love to see that appearing in DIRT2.0 for testing out cars!
I legit thought Jon was driving topless until I looked again  :D

Sorry, I am so pale haha :D
It was more the shirt, it just blended in with your skin tone very closely  :p

Would be nice to have the driving school in DR2.0. To practise, test vehicles and stuff like that...

Amazing!

P. S. Tonmorow is the PC launch in parallel with the shutdown here, so I tend to ask: Anyone interested in some DiRTy Ace Combat 7 matches until the forum is back online? Don't know if anyone is also interested in aircraft around here? 

jayp666 said:
So a few of us lucky lot have been given access to a pre-release build. 

Ive only played on 2 stages with 2 different cars, but I can categorically state this a rightful a proper successor to the original DiRT Rally.
I have my hope up but remember same was said for D4 so I don't take these beta tester comments for granted anymore and will wait for the final release in full swing like a good 'ol boy...
Fair enough, but I genuinely can’t stop thinking about getting back on the game as soon as I’m home from work. 

JorritVD said:
Nice, will be interesting @tbtstt how close we are with our list :)
Yeah, that's what I am wondering @JorritVD! 
SkyRex said:
Amazing!

P. S. Tonmorow is the PC launch in parallel with the shutdown here, so I tend to ask: Anyone interested in some DiRTy Ace Combat 7 matches until the forum is back online? Don't know if anyone is also interested in aircraft around here? 
I am interested, though I don't believe AC7 is cross-platform, so sadly I can't kick your PC playing ass. ;) (I've got it on PS4!)

SkyRex said:
Amazing!

I’m more of an Il2 guy, them modern jets be way too fast for me!

SkyRex said:
Amazing!

I’m more of an Il2 guy, them modern jets be way too fast for me!
Il2 (and Birds of Steel) are awesome games! 

finally R5 all dashboard  work  for fiesta R5 work  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAs_tGOCJfI 

and i have same reaction after i see the  onboard fiesta R5    listen 0:26  :D  yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzYYwIHeedU

The DiRTy Gossip thread isn't going anywhere. promise. :)

And we're taking a film crew out to Ireland with us. You'll get as much footage as we can feasibly record from the weekend! Including, hopefully, a real life podium scene (no pressure @jonny174!)
Yeah I mean, he's just in the same class as Craig Breen and with the same car... Alongside other 23 R5 cars. No pressure at all. 

car list

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/01/roadbook-car-list-dr2/
@tbtstt I think you got all of them in the Car List, well done. No 2000cc and no Gr.B RWD as we suspected, otherwise very good (give me the 037 though) 

No Kir Cars, No Group B RWD and No 2000's... Guess they return later this year included in the DLC's with more cars added to each class...

Content for Season 1 will be announced before launch. And if I read well, the first season comes around 60 days after launch

carpa said:
car list

@tbtstt I think you got all of them in the Car List, well done. No 2000cc and no Gr.B RWD as we suspected, otherwise very good (give me the 037 though) 
Well I am pleased that everyone did such great detective work, but it's a shame that there are no surprises for launch (actually we have lost one as no Manta). 

tbtstt said:
carpa said:
car list

Well I am pleased that everyone did such great detective work, but it's a shame that there are no surprises for launch (actually we have lost one as no Manta). 
Yeah I agree with you, whilst it is a brilliant list, it is missing my favourite car class which is the kit cars, so hopefully they may come back in the future, possibly with new additions

I am calling Season 1 DLC will be Group B RWD (including the 911 SC) and the F2 kit cars.

Real shame not to see anything from the 2000's at this point. And CM have cut it fine with the "over 50 cars": it's 51 cars including the pre-order Porsche!

tbtstt said:
I am calling Season 1 DLC will be Group B RWD (including the 911 SC) and the F2 kit cars.

Real shame not to see anything from the 2000's at this point. And CM have cut it fine with the "over 50 cars": it's 51 cars including the pre-order Porsche!
For the tracks I don't mind if they get an overhaul of DR1 but for the cars I sincerely hope they bring in some fresh stuff and not only recycle previous content. 1 new out of 5 wouldn't make me happy :( . I wonder though if some extra content will be added in terms of cars besides the 10 confirmed ones.

Hmm. OK then. Very disappointed to 'lose' the Group B RWD but I guess those will be added in later. But quite a few 'missing' that I hope to be added as DLC. Seeing as I expect at least 5x of the 10x cars coming as DLC to be RX content (including the GpB RX content), which does nothing for me, there's not many slots left for cars which will be interesting. 

It feels like the lack of Hyundai (R5, RX) and the lack of Seat (Kit Car, RX) that somehow Codemasters' licencing people have taken a step forward (with Skoda) and two steps back.

I don't mind paying for an expanded and upgraded GpB RWD class, but there's going to be a lot of disappointed people out there that so many cars that were in the previous games are not in this one for launch and being sold afterwards (or not at all). Again, this could have been addressed upfront rather than have that disappointment confirmed on the day the car list is released. The 2000s WRCs are understandable, they were always a grey area clearly, but if this has been known for a while expectations could have been managed better IMO.

Some overall negatives:
- The Datsun and the Stratos in the H3 class with the Sierra and M3 - this decision boggles my mind
- The lack of Hyundai R5, a favourite (arguably the only one) from D4
- 3 classes that were in both previous games disappearing (not including the landrush or hillclimb stuff)
- The ongoing lack of Saab, Toyota and now apparently Hyundai and maybe Seat
- Several thematic WRX cars missing (doesn't bother me personally, but I know it will some)

To balance that out, some positives - well done on:
- Expanding the H1 class
- The RGT class (I hope this is expanded in future)
- The R5 Skoda, VW and Citroen additions
- 'Completing' the R2 roster with the Peugeot
- Upgrading the Group B RWDs properly and not rushing them in unfinished

Saab is most likely out of the question, they haven't appeared in video games since they went bankrupt.

I am not a big fan of WRX so for me personally they could fill the DLC with rally, rally, rally and rally cars! Honestly I would love to see Hillclimb making a comeback and that you could run those rallycars on it.

First things first and that is simply enjoy the crap out of what is available at launch for the months to come  :)

Something to read....https://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/time-we-rode-walter-rohrl-audi-quattro#1