DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

ShodanCat said:
****!   I just watched the beginning of that video, that looks terrible, something went wrong there!  Trust me, looks nothing like that on my system.
I genuinely don't want to start some big argument, but you can see in that video the same old Dirt tarmac physics with the strange way it seems the rear wheels almost seem to steer, or to put it another way, like the car is rotating on a single point through the center of mass, no matter what each corner/tire is doing. I get that you're really excited by what you've been given the opportunity to try out, but... I mean you can see it right here on display.
So you just believe what u see from what u see on a random video rather than what people from the forum here who actually played the game, and are telling u otherwise?
I mean like 1 video against so many testers here on codemasters forum?
Hmm ok

Either way we'll see in a few weeks. I'm bringing this back up when we've all had a go at it. ;)

The (potential) problem with inviting a hardcore forum fanboy/fangirl to test something is there's a good chance the "buzz" of getting specially selected to try something out that you're already a big fan of tends to create unrealistic responses. I have nothing against FC2MaDMaXX's opinions, but bias is a real thing. Similarly if you had someone who's been bagging the series really badly for years try it, there's a good chance they'll insist it's terrible when it might be the opposite.

Jimmy Broadbent is a 3rd party with no "horse in the race" as it were, just somebody who enjoyed Dirt Rally giving us thoughts on his very brief time with DR 2.0.

Like i said, the videos don't look how it feels, still haven't worked that one out :(

I will say we were brought on around a year ago to work on the handling model feedback, whilst this is the first time many of us have played the final game, the handling is something we've been driving for a long time now.
Is it perfect? maybe on gravel, tarmac is the weakest i feel, but is it a good improvement on previous titles? yes, absolutely yes - and is the handling model in general more complex and more how a car should handle? yup, for sure, much more depth to it, regardless of the surface type.

Handling is always very subjective. Some will love it, some will hate it.
A few will come here and shout at each other about it trying to convince each other they are right, and the other is wrong.

It's all fairly pointless. If it's fun, play it. If not, don't :) 

ShodanCat said:
Either way we'll see in a few weeks. I'm bringing this back up when we've all had a go at it. ;)

The (potential) problem with inviting a hardcore forum fanboy/fangirl to test something is there's a good chance the "buzz" of getting specially selected to try something out that you're already a big fan of tends to create unrealistic responses. I have nothing against FC2MaDMaXX's opinions, but bias is a real thing. Similarly if you had someone who's been bagging the series really badly for years try it, there's a good chance they'll insist it's terrible when it might be the opposite.

Jimmy Broadbent is a 3rd party with no "horse in the race" as it were, just somebody who enjoyed Dirt Rally giving us thoughts on his very brief time with DR 2.0.
The most hardcore fans can often be the harshest critics (or so I've head)

good morning guys

any hints about the date when hardware support and season one content gets revealed???
yesterday i was on hypetrain and got the deluxe edition :D

Again for some guys, you can't judge on a game by only watching a video of it...

16 months of development with a real-life rallydriver, who won a stage in WRC junior on a tarmac rally and still people see a video and write thinks like "it looks as if the rear wheel steers"... Can't understand it!!!!

Well, in all the rally titles build by Codies ever, the tarmac physics were floaty and it looked like the rear was steering. So when it looks like the rear is steering in 2.0 it’s easy to expect it to feel that way again as well.

I dont see the problem here tbh. If it's steering with the rear wheels just turn the car around and drive backwards for 100% tarmac fidelity.

Broadbent looks to be using a low Wheel rotation and with the cockpit cam giving a weird perspective, it looks bad.  He mentions the wheel being heavy, yeah.  I have played about with the FFB as I found the std settings made fighting the wheel forces more of a thing than controlling the car.  1.5 minutes in settings fixed that.  Easy!

I get that he might have been playing on a press rig, but anything he doesn’t like, can be switched off in seconds 

I don’t play mine like that and don’t have the issues he describes to be honest.  I’m not a fanboi either.  D4 was a mess, but you will really enjoy this.  It’s fun and intense, like DR was in the good ole days, but it’s evolved

I can assure you that in the end of the testing phaze I felt none of that central/rear steering issue on tarmac. 

That road was not Spain though. 

drinks tea....... o:)                                                                     

bogani said:
I can assure you that in the end of the testing phaze I felt none of that central/rear steering issue on tarmac. 

That road was not Spain though. 
is anywhere a video to watch about spain and a 4wd car in action on dry tarmac?

Didzis said:
@ChristinaMc Please tell me that you're not doing a last minute switcheroo to Epic launcher :D
Nooooooooo, to confirm: DiRT Rally 2.0 on PC will be Steam.  :)
  • Like 1

KevM said:
Broadbent looks to be using a low Wheel rotation and with the cockpit cam giving a weird perspective, it looks bad.  He mentions the wheel being heavy, yeah.  I have played about with the FFB as I found the std settings made fighting the wheel forces more of a thing than controlling the car.  1.5 minutes in settings fixed that.  Easy!

I get that he might have been playing on a press rig, but anything he doesn’t like, can be switched off in seconds 

I don’t play mine like that and don’t have the issues he describes to be honest.  I’m not a fanboi either.  D4 was a mess, but you will really enjoy this.  It’s fun and intense, like DR was in the good ole days, but it’s evolved
I have no clue who Broadbent is but I don't have a lot of confidence in that guy. The way he handled the playthrough of Dakar'18 made me seriously doubt his way of looking at things. He praises PCARS2 into the heavens like immersion and that game has some serious wheel and ffb issues at default. Nah I look elsewhere to get decent information.

I was very critical of the footage I've seen on tarmac and it still bothers me when looking at the videos. However I preordered the game and will go to see for myself if my critics where to harsh and that it is like DR1 or that it is actually an improvement over DR1. The reports in here and the latest YT vids give at least the idea it has changed for the better. We'll see in a couple of weeks :)

Hi, what is the difference between day one edition and deluxe edition? I can't find accurate information from the sites of the finnish webstores. Seems to me that they have mixed, and not so accurate information. Please help, I need to get rid of my money.

JJHayhill said:
Hi, what is the difference between day one edition and deluxe edition? I can't find accurate information from the sites of the finnish webstores. Seems to me that they have mixed, and not so accurate information. Please help, I need to get rid of my money.
Deluxe includes includes the first 2 seasons of DLC as well as the Porsche, Day One includes the Porsche.

I think?  :D

P308R said:
I was very critical of the footage I've seen on tarmac and it still bothers me when looking at the videos. However I preordered the game and will go to see for myself if my critics where to harsh and that it is like DR1 or that it is actually an improvement over DR1. The reports in here and the latest YT vids give at least the idea it has changed for the better. We'll see in a couple of weeks :)
The current tarmac handling is better than DR. Not that it takes much to accomplish this.
Movement is still poop though.

P308R said:
The current tarmac handling is better than DR. Not that it takes much to accomplish this.
Is there any chance this could be improved throughout DLCs? The important thing now is to get the game polished and out.

AIPacino said:
P308R said:
Is there any chance this could be improved throughout DLCs? The important thing now is to get the game polished and out.
No, the important thing is to have basics like that covered before release. But that's just the opinion of a bitter old fart.