DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I think he's having breakfast. BREAKFAST!
I'm sure he doesn't hold the spoon with too much grip - it needs to slide in his fingers as he puts the gravelly cereal into his mouth :) 

I've not played DiRT Rally for over a week... And now I have in-laws visiting... 

At least my head is full of really exciting Gossip :P

I think he's having breakfast. BREAKFAST!
I'm sure he doesn't hold the spoon with too much grip - it needs to slide in his fingers as he puts the gravelly cereal into his mouth :) 

I've not played DiRT Rally for over a week... And now I have in-laws visiting... 

At least my head is full of really exciting Gossip :P

Wow you really did drink too much in Holjes. Do you not remember playing on Saturday?? :P

KickUp said:

Wow you really did drink too much in Holjes. Do you not remember playing on Saturday?? :P

Haha fair enough I did play something DiRTy then :) But it wasn't a proper session full of me visiting Welsh dense forests or ditches in Greece ;] 

You and the Swedish Cross-kart kids kept giving me dirty looks to get me off the seat!

Here's a replay of the livestream for Höljes round of the World RX:
http://livestream.com/fiaworldrallycross/round62015sweden

About 3 minutes in there's a mention that World RX will be featured in DiRT Rally and there are some moving shots above driver shoulder. 

If I remember correctly the RX video team will prepare a longer edit showing the Höljes track in DiRT Rally. 

This week's DiRT Rally Road Book is really worth reading:
http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/07/dirt-rally-road-book-080715/

The extra work on RX cars means the update release will slip into beginning of August.

It may sound like a bad thing, but it's not. Now that the DiRTy devs have met the drivers and coaches from Swedish Motorsport Foundation they'll be able to get certain Swedish drivers with famous last names to try out the improved cars on their brand new simulation rig.

The blog may not fully explain that the kind of feedback the drivers gave was the best kind: first impressions.
If you were to give them an hour they'd adjust to how the game wanted them to handle the cars and the resulting feedback would not be that true.

They only had a couple of attempts, which meant they picked up on what can be improved very quickly.

Also to repeat what I wrote in one of my previous post: the team behind World RX are very keen and interested in this collaboration so if possible they will create opportunities for Codies to improve the RX side in the game and will promote the game to promote their championship.

Wow triple post ;) lol

I'm a bit bored at work these days... And still buzzing from the weekend in Sweden so wanted to say things before I forget. And as the weekend proved I talk too much.

Your post about the triple post was very valuable - thank you for adding to the Gossip discussion :)

The new Road book, whilst it mentions about the RX update, it doesn't mention if it now means we'll get all 3 tracks or once, or it'll be Lydden and Holjes and then Hell a few weeks later. Can you confirm anything @KickUp?

I presume it's the delay of the first 'pack' to the first weeks of August, plan being for the expansion in late August. Assuming so, 2 in the first pack and 1 in the expansion (again guessing, but Holjes and Lydden in the first set and Hell afterwards would seem most likely).

I think it was already confirmed by FIA World RX Twitter account that first pack will have Höljes (very early August) , while the second will add Hell and Lydden Hill (end of August) . 

The new Road book, whilst it mentions about the RX update, it doesn't mention if it now means we'll get all 3 tracks or once, or it'll be Lydden and Holjes and then Hell a few weeks later. Can you confirm anything @KickUp?
The plan is for it to still be two packs, only the first one has slipped back a week from its original date... but that date was only internal so its not like you knew when it was due anyway. Would have got away with it if we didn't cross into a new month :P

The new Road book, whilst it mentions about the RX update, it doesn't mention if it now means we'll get all 3 tracks or once, or it'll be Lydden and Holjes and then Hell a few weeks later. Can you confirm anything @KickUp?
The plan is for it to still be two packs, only the first one has slipped back a week from its original date... but that date was only internal so its not like you knew when it was due anyway. Would have got away with it if we didn't cross into a new month :P
Dr Freud said you need to let things out, don't internalize everything, it will make you go mad.

Thanks Lee :)

bogani said:
I notice more dev activity on the forum. Me like :)
Now they're less drunk than last weekend so they can be active here :p

Just browsed over at the F1 side, those people will never be happy...

Rally on

gfRally said:
Just browsed over at the F1 side, those people will never be happy...

Rally on
So, just like the actual series then?

gfRally said:
Dr Freud said you need to let things out, don't internalize everything, it will make you go mad.
Dr Freud said lots of things...

been a a bit difficult keeping up with the gossip whilst living in a mobile home with dodgy 3G connection, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how everything turns out!

In the meantime, I've got some real rallying to do in Wales this weekend!

Almost an entire DiRT Rally Road Book on rallycross. I'm in a happy place right now.

Now where are those Holjes pictures @GentleNameMVB and @justbiglee ?

tbtstt said:
Almost an entire DiRT Rally Road Book on rallycross. I'm in a happy place right now.

Now where are those Holjes pictures @GentleNameMVB and @justbiglee ?

There's more on RX coming today, but not sure what that will be.

I've had another look through the pics and they're not great... Some pics of cars in the paddock, maybe 20 from the circuit and some recorded clips which I'll edit into an amateur video ;]

Most of the pics are from the walk along the Happy Street and maybe it's best they don't make into the public domain...

When are you getting to Builth Showground @rallydriven?

anyone else heading to the Nicky Grist stages on Saturday? 
We usually aim to get there around 3-4