DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Hmmm, I'm not sure on that. The R4 is aesthetically and mechanically different, plus it sounds quite different. They can use the wing from before though! 

Is the RX model closer to the WRC one? 

I'm just trying to find reasons why the chose this particular model. 

3 minutes ago, bogani said:

Is the RX model closer to the WRC one? 

I'm just trying to find reasons why the chose this particular model. 

I think some of the front end panels on the RX car were quite close to the WRCar, but the rear end (and the weight distribution) is different on the RX car due to the rear mounted radiator setup. 

Although it's not my favourite I just hope the S14 is properly implemented and not just an R4 with a livery applied. 

• Agree 2

Regarding seasons, what if Season 1 and 2 are the only ones included with the Deluxe pack, and maybe they'll make extra, additional content, that's outside of those? (either more Seasons or standalone cars/rally locations). Would that be a good thing?

Just now, VirtuaIceMan said:

Regarding seasons, what if Season 1 and 2 are the only ones included with the Deluxe pack, and maybe they'll make extra, additional content, that's outside of those? (either more Seasons or standalone cars/rally locations). Would that be a good thing?

To be blunt --> YES

• Agree 3

There are quite some differences between the S14 WRC and the N14 SRT USA (from DR1).
I think overall the car shape is fine. But already the fenders/wheelarches, front bumper, hood, airscoop, mirrors, etc. The S14 WRC chassis is lower or the wheels or higher in the chassis (not really know how to tell. Automatically the car will look wider, but I am not really sure the WRC is really wider.

Impreza.png

Edited by JorritVD

19 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

I will take anything and everything we can get.  Koolaid anyone?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

There are quite some differences between the S14 WRC and the N14 SRT USA (from DR1).
I think overall the car shape is fine. But already the fenders/wheelarches, front bumper, hood, airscoop, mirrors, etc. The S14 WRC chassis is lower or the wheels or higher in the chassis (not really know how to tell. Automatically the car will look wider, but I am not really sure the WRC is really wider.

Impreza.png

I think the last year SRTUSA hatch got similar wide fenders.

6F76053B-A2D3-4434-912D-0A6B0E80FACA.jpeg

Subaru model aside, we are getting 'top tier rally cars', which up until recently wasn't thought to be on the cards. 

Big big big win!

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Rallystu2 said:

Subaru model aside, we are getting 'top tier rally cars', which up until recently wasn't thought to be on the cards. 

Big big big win!

Yeah, despite my disappointment, that's what I am trying to take from it! 

1 minute ago, gfRally said:

I think the last year SRTUSA hatch got similar wide fenders.

6F76053B-A2D3-4434-912D-0A6B0E80FACA.jpeg

Yeah, that looks wider, though the arches on the WRCar were cut on the rear. Bigger grill and no scoop on the WRCar as well! 

Hurray! The R4 Impreza was my favourite car from DR (honestly!) So I'm stoked the 08 impreza is in! 

Also with the potential @jonny174 2.0 bobble hats on the horizon, things are shaping up pretty well! 

Best hat I've seen for standing about on a rally stage without a doubt. Gimme gimme gimme. 

hmm, till now i thought Padock had made mistake in his video, with total count of 75 cars and 12 location, now i think he knew already that there would be posible 4 seasons.. now that subaru 2001 is coming in one of the next seasons, i think its safe to say 2001 focus will return, and maybe some new members from that time..

I personally think except of the obvious toyota and hyundai omissions two massive cars bringing into the game alongside the 2001 impreza would be the xsara wrc and the peugeot 206, with the 2001 focus we'd have a very good early 00's wrc class, also with citroens and peugeots being in the game this should be hopefully possible 🙂

• Agree 2

I would've liked the S12 most. But the S14 is at least a step up from the 2001.

But do you realise we will be recieving a "late 2000s" class with cars between 2005 and 2010.

That might leave the door open for a seperate "millenial" class at the beginning. With the 01 Focus/Impreza and maybe also an eligible Evo VI to race against. They could duplicate the same car across several categories, no? Maybe even a 00's Impreza down the line?

Although when it comes to cars my wishlist would be:

1. Higgins SRT-USA Impreza '17

2. Some kind of S12 Impreza from 06/07

3. others...

11 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

I would've liked the S12 most. But the S14 is at least a step up from the 2001.

But do you realise we will be recieving a "late 2000s" class with cars between 2005 and 2010.

That might leave the door open for a seperate "millenial" class at the beginning. With the 01 Focus/Impreza and maybe also an eligible Evo VI to race against. They could duplicate the same car across several categories, no? Maybe even a 00's Impreza down the line?

Although when it comes to cars my wishlist would be:

1. Higgins SRT-USA Impreza '17

2. Some kind of S12 Impreza from 06/07

3. others...

To be honest I would simply push the Evo VI to 6.5, at least in handling terms so that it could be placed in that group instead of the Lancia Group A. If the Focus 2001 comes with the Impreza 2001, we have already 3 cars evenly balanced with the Evo VI to race with. That's better than anything we've had before.

With the Skoda Fabia "Rally" being in the game, maybe the Octavia "Rally" could appear as well, but than as early 00's car.

So the 00's classes would possible become than like this

Early 00's
- Citroën Xsara Rally 2001 (bacause C4 confirmed)
- Ford Focus Rally 2001
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6.5 Rally 2001
- Peugeot 206 Rally 2001 (because multiple Peugeot confirmed)
- SEAT Cordoba Rally 2000 (because Ibiza kitcar was in DR1 and D4, so less difficult than Hyundai or Toyota I think)

Skoda Octavia Rally 2001 (because Fabias confirmed)
- Subaru Impreza Rally 2001

Late 00's
- Citroën C4 Rally 2010
- Ford Focus RS Rally 2007
Mitsubishi Lancer Rally 2005 (because multiple Mitsubishi are confirmed)
- Peugeot 307CC Rally 2005 (because multiple Peugeot are confirmed)

- Skoda Fabia Rally 2005
- Subaru Impreza Rally 2008

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 2

I'd love to see the 206 WRC, the Xsara WRC accompany the Impreza WRC and hopefully the Focus WRC in a 2001 class.

One of the most striking and most beautiful WRC-cars ever built, would make a fantastic addition to the car list.

If only I had to money to pay for its licensing and development. 

2589128516_0693a096eb_z.jpg?zz=1

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I would indeed put the 2001 Xsara, or at most the 2002 so that it can keep balanced with the others. If they just put the 2003-2006 version it will be overpowered and ruin the class like the Lancia is doing on Group A.

The Lancer Evo 6.5 could just be the Lancer Evo VI on a multiclass championship. I doubt they will repeat the same car and having to license it again, with minor bodywork changes. The biggest change on 6.5 is "under the hood", specially on transmission and handling. You can notice the Subaru 2001 is a lot superior in handling than the Lancer Evo VI in D4, probably mostly due to that.

Edited by AIPacino

There is still the Mitsubishi Lancer WRC (EVO VII) that would fit the 2001 class. Many seem to have forgotten about it. I know that the car was hugely unreliable but it looked great in my opinion.

mitsubishi_lancer-evolution_2001_images_

Edited by SimVansevenant
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Man it's hard to keep up with this thread... I just think 'Probably nothing has happened since last time I checked this thread' and then 💥BOOM💥 3 new pages to go through 🙂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

With the Skoda Fabia "Rally" being in the game, maybe the Octavia "Rally" could appear as well, but than as early 00's car.

So the 00's classes would possible become than like this

Early 00's
- Citroën Xsara Rally 2001 (bacause C4 confirmed)
- Ford Focus Rally 2001
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6.5 Rally 2001
- Peugeot 206 Rally 2001 (because multiple Peugeot confirmed)
- SEAT Cordoba Rally 2000 (because Ibiza kitcar was in DR1 and D4, so less difficult than Hyundai or Toyota I think)

Skoda Octavia Rally 2001 (because Fabias confirmed)
- Subaru Impreza Rally 2001

Late 00's
- Citroën C4 Rally 2010
- Ford Focus RS Rally 2007
Mitsubishi Lancer Rally 2005 (because multiple Mitsubishi are confirmed)
- Peugeot 307CC Rally 2005 (because multiple Peugeot are confirmed)

- Skoda Fabia Rally 2005
- Subaru Impreza Rally 2008

Where are multiple Peugeot and Mitsus confirmed? 

6 minutes ago, bogani said:

Where are multiple Peugeot and Mitsus confirmed? 

Not confirmed. I ment like the Historic Pug 205 or Lancer Evo VI are confirmed. So it is possible to see a Lancer 2005 f.e.

9 minutes ago, Rygar86 said:

I would love to drive this car in DR 2.0

Yes one of my favourite cars 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1