DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

1 minute ago, Ale81udine said:

there are two ways to correct: 1) a man with respect 2) as a child, with a spirit of mind thinking that you are dealing with a fool

Was my first reply to you not respectful? 

The mood on this forum is always friendly, any comments made are done in jest and should not be taken personally. The information I provided you was meant to be informative as, if you are as keen about rally cars as you suggest, then I thought you would like the facts. 

• Agree 7

6 minutes ago, Ale81udine said:

there are two ways to correct: 1) a man with respect 2) as a child, with a spirit of mind thinking that you are dealing with a fool

Correct, so stop using number 2. It's a long running joke, many have fallen foul of it. We didn't think you were a fool, at first, but your replies are making me reconsider that idea.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ale81udine said:

the arrogance was all yours, among you friends laughing ... I behave accordingly.

Most people on here, including myself are dedicated rally fans, like yourself with many many years of enthusiasm under our belts. 

The 22b issue is a very long running faux pass, I'm sure you'll enjoy many topics of discussion on here given your level of passion.

Let us all relax.

• Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Ale81udine said:

ok mister president!!! 🤴

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

Also......wooop

15502283312131545202042.jpg

Oh right, you guys still have to wait to play it.

:classic_cool:

5 hours ago, carpa said:

The only Hyundais we want in the game have fixed windows, so that wouldn't be a problem... 

Apertura-L.jpg

It's got little sliders. One probably doesn't close and the other probably doesn't open.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ale81udine said:

good, it's me. serious arguments. I'm used to running on BETTER special stages. 

then go back to your beloved RBR-world 😉

Please don't use the W.... R... C... word here. It's called "Rally" 😄 Not want to get into legal issues so we can get more "Rally" cars.

giphy.gif

Edited by JorritVD
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Ale81udine said:

You are the one displaying arrogance here.

Maybe something get's lost in the translation, as you seem to read everything in spanish here.

But nobody here did say anything offending to you. YOU are the new one here, you didn't know how touchy the naming subject is in this community, displaying a brash attitude. Then you listed what things you raced and what cars you own, as if it underlines the naming-subject in any way. You have brought up no actual facts to support your argument , apart from "The road car was the 22B, therefor the Rally car has to be called that too!" which is a very pathetic way of convincing anyone. You seem like one of those colleagues, who tries to win an argument by saying: "Oh look at me, I studied this topic and I have worked in it, therefor my opinion is right!"

Let me hold a mirror for you:

I own a Ford Focus RS, which has rally heritage. I participate in real motorsports, too. I have a Masters degree in Software Engineering, am a big grown up and am way past those childish forums around here, where everyone doesn't agree with me. I have good work and don't race on a PS4! Now let me explain to you, how you have to call things:

Does this let me seem more knowledgeable to you? More competent to evaluate the proper nomenclature of rally car models?

Or does it let me seem kinda arrogant and ignorant about proper arguments about the actual topic?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Please don't use the W.... R... C... word here. It's called "Rally" 😄 Not want to get into legal issues so we can get more "Rally" cars.

giphy.gif

You used the wrong one

OktA0M9.gif

• Haha 2

What's this you've said to me, my good friend? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in conflict resolution, and Ive been involved in numerous friendly discussions, and I have over 300 confirmed friends. I am trained in polite discussions and I'm the top mediator in the entire neighborhood. You are worth more to me than just another target. I hope we will come to have a friendship never before seen on this Earth. Don't you think you might be hurting someone's feelings saying that over the internet? Think about it, my friend. As we speak I am contacting my good friends across the USA and your P.O. box is being traced right now so you better prepare for the greeting cards, friend. The greeting cards that help you with your hate. You should look forward to it, friend. I can be anywhere, anytime for you, and I can calm you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my chess set. Not only am I extensively trained in conflict resolution, but I have access to the entire group of my friends and I will use them to their full extent to start our new friendship. If only you could have known what kindness and love your little comment was about to bring you, maybe you would have reached out sooner. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now we get to start a new friendship, you unique person. I will give you gifts and you might have a hard time keeping up. You're finally living, friend.

• Haha 7
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Ale81udine said:

friends as long as there is respect and serious dialogue.

What kind of friends have respect and serious dialogue? Me and all my friends call each other shitbags and just generally insult each other. That's true friendship.

All things considered, a real mature person just takes them as jest, or even if not, shrugs them off and moves on. Calling everyone children doesn't show your maturity. You clearly missed the joke. Anyone could've been snobby about it, instead they actually poked fun of Tbbeststebstsbetttbst since he's the one who comes in all

ackshully-300x300.png

"The 22b is a reference to the 1997 WRC car for the mass market"

But, y'know, you could be offended by it too I guess.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Can you guys start an other topic? Please fun and happy gossip here 🙂

They don't need to start anew topic @tbtstt did that years ago...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eagleizer said:

This thread is turning into pure garbage... Pleas take it somewhere else....

hope that he leave us soon and return to his beloved RBR-world.    he is really a buzzkill......

Ale81udine/KKK - Keep it clean, friendly and calm please. 

Moving back to the original subject of this thread.... DiRTy Gossip 🙂

• Agree 2

Ok well, someone gossiped earlier that the review embargo is up on the 18th, which is Monday, so I'm guessing everyone and their dog will be releasing reviews Monday morning,

If the gossip be true of course.

Also @SimVansevenantThere was an unauthorised gameplay video released today.

Edited by Rallystu2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

Yes, going back to what really matters here ... some information about why that guy has the game in advance?

I think the accepted theory right now is distributor error shipping the game early. Pretty common for most games that a few hiccups happen

Edited by CatBadders
  • Agree 1