DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

8 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Come onnnnnnnn!

Pretty sure some witchcraft has been employed to slow down time. 

5 and a half days left....

1550309606523535644181.jpg

The more you watch it, the slower it goes down. That's what life's witchcraft is all about!

• Agree 1

Can't help it. I check every now and then to make sure it hasn't suddenly jumped a day. Miracles could happen.

2 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

February 20 will come out the deluxe ???:classic_huh:

The deluxe edition releases on the 22nd at 00:00.

However on ps4, the game should download earlier, possibly as early as the 20th to allow for slower download speeds etc.

Just means you can play from the first minute of release.

7 hours ago, Lawstorant said:

God, the Polish version is ****. Whlist it's slightly better voice-wise the translation is plain bad. "Distance" is translated as "odległość" wich means "distance to" instead of "lenght". "Stop by the marshal" is transformed into "marshal-induced pull-over". I know this localisation is not up to you though.

Are you not familiar with the famous polish co driver that codemasters employed? I think his name is Gòogle Tränslatě.

• Haha 6

this time italian co-driver is has a nice voice

in dirt rally  it was terrible, he was speaking like a sleepy guy  and have napoletan accent 😖

here you can hear:

here is the dirt rally 2.0 co-driver: much much better

thank you codies for a decent italian codriver,much important ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

I see in steam that DR2 will be realeased 22nd of Feb PST. Does anyone know if thats meen 00:00PST? So it will be avalible 09:00 (CET) / 08:00 (UTC+1) the 22nd?

Edited by mirk1983

9 hours ago, Lawstorant said:

God, the Polish version is ****. Whlist it's slightly better voice-wise the translation is plain bad. "Distance" is translated as "odległość" wich means "distance to" instead of "lenght". "Stop by the marshal" is transformed into "marshal-induced pull-over". I know this localisation is not up to you though.

Could you link some vid? I hope we are able to switch to original English version...

3 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

Wasn't there a thread a while back where people could show their own cars and talk about them? I distinctly remember that somehow...

was there? I never came across such a topic, maybe time to start one 🙂

14 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

was there? I never came across such a topic, maybe time to start one 🙂

Yeah, there definitely has been at least one (I think there may have been one in the Dirt section and another in the Off Topic section). 

I can't see it in the forum search, it may be they have become "invisible" threads after the forum transition. 

EDIT: I found the off topic one (thanks Google!) 

Edited by tbtstt

29 minutes ago, versedi said:

Could you link some vid? I hope we are able to switch to original English version...

i think for sure, in the steam settings like dirt rally 1.0 😉

Edited by teknoid85

2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

this time italian co-driver is has a nice voice

in dirt rally  it was terrible, he was speaking like a sleepy guy  and have napoletan accent 😖

here you can hear:

here is the dirt rally 2.0 co-driver: much much better

thank you codies for a decent italian codriver,much important ❤️❤️❤️

Fun fact: the Italian codriver for DiRT Rally was David Greco. Who legitimately sounded like they had kidnapped him and tied him to the D-Box

as i said, i've selled my dfgt and waiting for g29 to come home.

have tried playing dailies with the xbox360 pad, it's like a kick i8n the nuts 😆

seriously, i can't understand how playing a game like this with a gamepad  could give you any satisfaction

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

seriously, i can't understand how playing a game like this with a gamepad  could give you any satisfaction

By getting faster stage times than PC owners with wheels, that's pretty satisfying. :classic_biggrin: 

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

By getting faster stage times than PC owners with wheels, that's pretty satisfying. :classic_biggrin: 

you play with pad???

anyway, the sensations you get with a wheel aren't comparable  with a gamepad

Just now, teknoid85 said:

you play with pad???

anyway, the sensations you get with a wheel aren't comparable  with a gamepad

Yeah, I play with pad (PS4). I have wanted to get a steering wheel for some time, I just haven't had the cash to spare. 

4 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, I play with pad (PS4). I have wanted to get a steering wheel for some time, I just haven't had the cash to spare. 

i assure you, once your confident with a wheel, you wil  never get back to a gamepad, even on torture 😄

btw, this is me with the dfgt :

i would suggest you to buy a second hand g29 like i did 😉

Edited by teknoid85

13 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

We need to do some RX together online on the PS4. Is your PSN also tbtstt? Mine is JorritVD, so the same as here in the forum. 

1 minute ago, JorritVD said:

We need to do some RX together online on the PS4. Is your PSN also tbtstt? Mine is JorritVD, so the same as here in the forum. 

My PSN is tbtstt82, I think there are a few on the forum who are up for some (clean) rallycross!

11 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

In fairness I was faster with a controller in RX in D4. So @tbtstt you'll probably dominate me in the RX.

I have only used a wheel twice (the first time was actually the D-Box setup at Codemasters!) and I was much slower on both occasions. I am not setting world records with a controller, but I am fairly consistent. 

12 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i assure you, once your confident with a wheel, you wil  never get back to a gamepad, even on torture 😄

i would suggest you to buy a second hand g29 like i did 😉

When I make the upgrade I want to do it properly: I don't want to get a wheel until I have a proper race seat to bolt it to!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, JZStudios said:

What kind of friends have respect and serious dialogue? Me and all my friends call each other shitbags and just generally insult each other. That's true friendship.

All things considered, a real mature person just takes them as jest, or even if not, shrugs them off and moves on. Calling everyone children doesn't show your maturity. You clearly missed the joke. Anyone could've been snobby about it, instead they actually poked fun of Tbbeststebstsbetttbst since he's the one who comes in all

ackshully-300x300.png

"The 22b is a reference to the 1997 WRC car for the mass market"

But, y'know, you could be offended by it too I guess.

Another meme for my memefolio 😄 thanks

Does anyone know if there's going to be a Steam preload a few days earlier as well, like in PSN?

Edited by AIPacino

Don’t think there are many Xbox people on this for, but I’ll be up for some rallycross if anyone is keen. Hopefully League’s are cross platform and we can do some forum rallying together.

• Agree 1