DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

There's more on RX coming today, but not sure what that will be.
Hopefully some video of the rallycross in action! I'm really keen to hear the cars as well as see them in action.

I've had another look through the pics and they're not great... Some pics of cars in the paddock, maybe 20 from the circuit and some recorded clips which I'll edit into an amateur video ;]
The more Holjes pictures the merrier I say, video sounds good as well!  :)

Most of the pics are from the walk along the Happy Street and maybe it's best they don't make into the public domain...
Ha! Lots of drunk Swedes I imagine?

tbtstt said:
    Most of the pics are from the walk along the Happy Street and maybe it's best they don't make into the public domain...
Ha! Lots of drunk Swedes I imagine?

Yup, it was only Swedes and no one else......

Hopefully, the 'more' stuff Lee is referring to will be a clip from World RX - I think they would show the game in motion :)

I just watched that Empty Box video, funny you should link it. He makes some excellent points except the part about the mirrored stages. That'd be pretty daft to implement.

i watched the video only thing i wasnt sure on was the tyres. i seen what that did to project cars. basically destroyed the game. as they went too deep with the tyre set up and it never handled well.

i think it would be nice to add different tyres just dont try and go einstein on it.

The stages really are too short for tire wear to be a big factor. The only upside would be having to choose tires for a three stage stint with dry/wet stages.

I'll not be racing in public lobbies when the RX update comes out, because there'll be the usual suspects piling into people on the first corner without actually intending to race.

Private lobby for the win, with the Vajb crew. 

Can't wait for this now. I spotted a 208 in there too ;)
I think I have spotted several (or at least the same one on multiple occasions!). Looks like an Albatec 208 at 0:30, 1:31 and 2:10. The car at 1:31 and 2:10 looks very much like the 208 of Grosset-Janin. 

I'll not be racing in public lobbies when the RX update comes out, because there'll be the usual suspects piling into people on the first corner without actually intending to race.

I'll give it a go first, hopefully there's not too many idiots. 

One of the things I hate in online Rallycross are the rammers, they break the immersion of the game...
In DiRT 3 I had some cases of people just ruining the race for others, It felt like freakin' NFS World where everybody rams each other.

I'll give it a go first, hopefully there's not too many idiots. 
Hmm, maybe I will too, but I've had awful experiences of RX and racing games in public lobbies, which is why I'm not too keen. 

Because the game is aiming more for realism, I'm hoping that will filter a lot of the idiots out. 

At least one of the positives is, if you do get rammed then that person still has to do a joker lap so if you have a clean run you can get back infront of them, and of course if they don't joker, they get a large penalty.

TPJP said:
One of the things I hate in online Rallycross are the rammers, they break the immersion of the game...
In DiRT 3 I had some cases of people just ruining the race for others, It felt like freakin' NFS World where everybody rams each other.
Perhaps we can point them to this game :wink: 

http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/

there re can always be the DiRTy Gossip league too.

it will be interesting to see how they implement rules.  

To be fair, it's not as if that kind of thing never happened in real RX.

Especially if you look back at the things "Mr Rallycross" Martin Schanche used to get up to.
Other than standing in the track to throw his crash helmet at a car that knocked him off, he also famously rammed Matti Alamaki right up the rear end after being cut up in the previous corner.

RX is like British Touring Cars. It's a no-contact motorsport, but it's said with a sly wink.
It's absolutely not going to be everyones cup of tea in multiplayer.

At least one of the positives is, if you do get rammed then that person still has to do a joker lap so if you have a clean run you can get back infront of them, and of course if they don't joker, they get a large penalty.
The Public Lobby Rammer™ has no interest in beating you, their fun is derived from your annoyance. Online racing version of forum trolls.

pupazzo said:
It looks good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvU4Lji8IBg
Meh, really can't knock them for trying.   I'd be nice to have the full gravel version in DR.  If they are using that Suzuki for their unveiling, no citron?  Can't compete with #THATCAR though, nope never.  

Really SLRE will probably drive like mariocart, graphics aren't that great anymore either.  

gfRally said:
pupazzo said:
It looks good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvU4Lji8IBg
Meh, really can't knock them for trying.   I'd be nice to have the full gravel version in DR.  If they are using that Suzuki for their unveiling, no citron?  Can't compete with #THATCAR though, nope never.  

Really SLRE will probably drive like mariocart, graphics aren't that speaking anymore either.  
Citroen? Have they ever even been to Pikes Peak?
Remember it was a Peugeot that Loeb used to set the break the record in 2013. The Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak, and the 405 for that matter, are already confirmed for it. That was back in April along with the Escudo.

Using the Escudo is a bit of shrewd marketing to attract the larger market of gamers/Gran Turismo fans.
Gran Turismo 2 made that car a legend. It basically broke both Gran Turismo 2 and 3 by being miles better than anything else and has been a series staple ever since.

To be honest, the model looks ok. The Escudo is a bit weird in that the body work really does just look like a cheap plastic shell.

What's really of note is that the Pikes Peak pack is a pre-order bonus. That's a big chunk of content to dangle like that. 

Personally, I hope this pushes Codies to seriously consider a pre-2000's 100% dirt version of Pikes Peak, finally covering all the main bases. 

All I will say is that you won't have to preorder SLRE to get a full gravel Pikes Peak.  ;)