Jump to content
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

he's advantaged by have doing betatest :classic_sleep:

many of us have put in many hrs to get the handling right for launch to make a better game for everyone. the run for the first video was the 4th time playing it. :classic_wink:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

many of us have put in many hrs to get the handling right for launch to make a better game for everyone. the run for the first video was the 4th time playing it. :classic_wink:

it's ok, no need to feel attacked 😉

btw, it sounds like your betatesting was a punishment 😆   @codies  next time i offer myself as betatester 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I absolutely love that video of the escort in Poland looks really on point.

Edit: Can't wait till friday to get my hands on it and try it myself(which will probably result in me spinning 40x per stage)

 

Edited by Lynx2000
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lynx2000 said:

Edit: Can't wait till friday to get my hands on it and try it myself(which will probably result in me spinning 40x per stage)

It's the DiRT way! 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new video no hud bmw m3 in new zealand wet gravel :classic_biggrin:

 

 

 

 

Edited by dgeesi0
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious and like to know. Do betatesters have any real rally experience and if you have, how much and which rallycars? 

If this is not appropriate question, just ignore it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rallywil1 said:

Just curious and like to know. Do betatesters have any real rally experience and if you have, how much and which rallycars? 

If this is not appropriate question, just ignore it.

I'd say its an appropriate question. Me personally, I've done 2 rally days here in the UK, one of which I got the best time out of. It was an interesting experience, I felt like my playing D3 for ages helped me out on the day but I also learn't stuff on the day which I then applied to DR and DR2.0 later on when they came out. By doing this, I got to know what a RWD should feel like and handle. The rest of my feedback regarding the handling has been the feel of the cars compared to how the IRL cars look in video. This may not be the best way of giving feedback but its the only way I have (well except driving everyday IRL lol). I've always been quite a stickler for realistic car movement in films as well, I've always loved the way a car can move either in a straight line or sideways, I actually find it quite beautiful in a heavy metal way. This is why I really want it to be right, that and feeling awesome when I drive as well. That's where the line between real and fun can be blurred with our feedback and our lack of IRL experience in comparison to Jon.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SergeyTokarev said:

@dgeesi0I don't see "DiRT Rally 2.0" splash image on replays, like DiRT 4 had. Is it an option or it's just not there anymore? 

It's optional. You could remove it in Dirt 4 too you know :classic_wink:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SergeyTokarev said:

@dgeesi0I don't see "DiRT Rally 2.0" splash image on replays, like DiRT 4 had. Is it an option or it's just not there anymore? 

 

In the Replay settings you can choose to turn on or off the watermark and clock.

 

You can also set Broadcast Mode, turn of/off the music, and pace notes.

 

Finally, you can choose between car, track or helicopter cameras.

Edited by PJTierney
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Etirion said:

A 56 Minute Lovestory between a Swedish viking and an Italian beauty.

 

thank you for the high quality video, much apreciated 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, toninus said:

Some nice Australia footage, we haven't seen much till now :

 

 

I might give it a go with a controller to see what it feels like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dgeesi0 said:

new video no hud bmw m3 in new zealand wet gravel :classic_biggrin:

 

 

 

 

Nice to see that New zealand´s terrain and surroundings differ so much.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bogani said:

It's optional. You could remove it in Dirt 4 too you know :classic_wink:

Thanks. Well, let's just say DiRT 4 driving model disappointed me so much in the past I didn't have a motivation to look further in the menus. Dark times, I'd rather to forgot that)

Edited by SergeyTokarev
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

thank you for the high quality video, much apreciated 😉

Thank vajb not me 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

I might give it a go with a controller to see what it feels like

My settings should help with configuration :classic_happy:

 

I'd recommend 100 Sensitivity and 3 Linearity. 4+ Linearity lets you chuck the car into corners but if you're good with managing that it's probably faster.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Busy times for me, my new project arrived today. I will make time for DR2.0 though, but the rebuild of #Frankenstang also need to happen.

photo_2019-02-18_11-30-06.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

new video no hud bmw m3 in new zealand wet gravel :classic_biggrin:

 

 

 

 

I wonder of the ruts do anything or it's just visual? Because this and I saw in some other track that after rain the track looks very trashed and seems that it ride even in a straight line should be very difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flykas said:

I wonder of the ruts do anything or it's just visual? Because this and I saw in some other track that after rain the track looks very trashed and seems that it ride even in a straight line should be very difficult. 

Everything I've heard has the ruts actually impacting your lines and feel of the road. I'm mostly curious to see if driving through ruts or trying to cut out of them will give serious issues or if you'll be able to just easily roll out of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering about same things. So far doesn't seem that they have any serious impact on car control, but hopefully I'm wrong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×