DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

6 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

Someone (Me) uploaded a video with all the rally liveries

Thank you for taking the time to make and upload this. I really hope we get at least the simple livery editor from Dirt 4 at some point... I really dislike being stuck with a very limited selection of pre-made ones.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, ShodanCat said:

Thank you for taking the time to make and upload this. I really hope we get at least the simple livery editor from Dirt 4 at some point... I really dislike being stuck with a very limited selection of pre-made ones.

So long as we can get some plain white liveries in there and the PSSG files still unpack easily, I'll be happy. Let me at the very least use custom local liveries even if everyone else can't enjoy their awesomeness in MP online.

Just now, ShodanCat said:

No worries. I'm not a fan of many of them. But some work better than others. I'm in the progress of editing the RX version, which will be up soon probably

Just now, CatBadders said:

So long as we can get some plain white liveries in there and the PSSG files still unpack easily, I'll be happy. Let me at the very least use custom local liveries even if everyone else can't enjoy their awesomeness in MP online.

Oh yeah all that PSSG editing stuff still works. Works just like DiRT4, and with no restictions

• Like 1

Wow, I just noticed in one of dgeesi0's videos that there are two conditions to select from for some of the Poland stages. TWO. WTH?

edit: @dgeesi0 Would you mind terribly running through the selection of stages and letting us know how many conditions are available? Because if it really is that limited, that's not just disappointing, but a significant step backwards from Dirt 4.

Edited by ShodanCat

3 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

Wow, I just noticed in one of dgeesi0's videos that there are two conditions to select from for some of the Poland stages. TWO. WTH?

edit: @dgeesi0 Would you mind terribly running through the selection of stages and letting us know how many conditions are available? Because if it really is that limited, that's not just disappointing, but a significant step backwards from Dirt 4.

That's because that was probably in Time Trial mode. That gives you only two conditions. Wet and dry. Regular rallies have more options

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingOfCoins said:

That's because that was probably in Time Trial mode. That gives you only two conditions. Wet and dry. Regular rallies have more options

Ahhh, OK. Makes sense. I'd still very much appreciate hearing how many conditions are available in total. 

So no more slowing down after the flying finish and driving up to the stop control yourself? It's back to the way it was in DR1?

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

So no more slowing down after the flying finish and driving up to the stop control yourself? It's back to the way it was in DR1?

I'm not sure if there's a setting to turn it on/off, but in footage I've seen you definitely have to drive up to the marshall and stop.

42 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

Someone (Me) uploaded a video with all the rally liveries

Excellent work! 

Shame not to see plain white liveries for the cars. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

Again that is because he's driving in time trial mode. Regular rallies still have the "drive to the marshall" section

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

On time trial there's no slowing down. I think that's the only case.

Not sure if there's an option for it.

Edited by Riggs

6 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Excellent work! 

Shame not to see plain white liveries for the cars. 

Agreed. Bummer we need to replace the base ones eith customs instead of having few plain ones to replace instead. That wouldn't really take much space so it's either licensing again or something that I can't think of.

Edited by versedi
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

I hope we really do get livery editor in update, i am dissapointed with the fact, that 90% of bespoke livery, are livery made with Dirt4 livery editor (pattern)..

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

I hope we really do get livery editor in update, i am dissapointed with the fact, that 90% of bespoke livery, are livery made with Dirt4 livery editor (pattern)..

Fully agree with you. There are few really surprises to me like Muller, Demoustier & Raymond's liveries. But the all thing looks a bit weak. We need a livery editor.

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Fully agree with you. There are few really surprises to me like Muller, Demoustier & Raymond's liveries. But the all thing looks a bit weak. We need a livery editor.

Yeah the Muller livery is a pleasant surprise, that's one colourful S1! 

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

There’s an assist that dictates how much auto-braking you do after the finish, you have to manually stop at the end of the stage (unless it’s Time Trial where the run ends immediately).

Edited by PJTierney

this guy has a gtx1080..........................................  60fps   is this game so demanding??????????? 😮

edit: has   2560 x 1440  triplescreen  😄

Edited by teknoid85
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, versedi said:

Agreed. Bummer we need to replace the base ones eith customs instead of having few plain ones to replace instead. That wouldn't really take much space so it's either licensing again or something that I can't think of.

I think it comes down to the fact they have to licence every sponsor individually because they don't have a bigger license that comprehends them like, say, WRC. So they decided to keep it simple and have few real life liveries (and make really simple ones from D4 tool because they didn't want to spend time on them). I volunteer to make some other liveries with the available sponsors if that helps😉

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Rygar86 said:

He seems genuinely excited for DR2.0 and the ruts look like they are really causing him to work the car. GETTING SO HYPED

• Agree 2

Seems like Codemasters have done it. Dirt Rally 2.0 looks amazing, can't wait to get my hands on it. Is it this Friday if you have the deluxe edition? 

When it comes to locations and future content for this game, all I will say is this;

Bildresultat för more gif

• Agree 2

Considering almost everyone is showing rally and not rallycross, I hope the WRX FIA paid Codies to have WRX into the game !

...and that most of the future DLCs will be rally focused !

Edited by toninus
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1