F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Haven't tried to in my team yet, but it's on in my historic championship.

Also, something of note, I'm fairly certain there is a day zero patch that won't land until either Friday or regular launch day.

• Agree 1

Just now, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Also, something of note, I'm fairly certain there is a day zero patch that won't land until either Friday or regular launch day.

Yeah, I think he didn't check for the option until after starting the championship, and you can't change it until starting a new one maybe?

20 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Oh yeah, preload on Steam is now up 😄 @ChristinaMc

Let's go for it bois!

unknown.png

1396694661_SemTtulo.thumb.png.83dbf47db9ae610d68168ab56041ee03.png

Funny that he already shows that PLAY button :classic_blink:

• Confused 1

Also an annoyance I KNEW would make it through to release lol, is that the option to automatically select manual sequential or manual h-pattern on a per-car basis is gone (was in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4.)

Regarding tarmac: please also consider that Most racing Sims are Made for racecars. Road vehicles are often not as good as the racing Modell (Pcars 2 for example)

A Rally car is a lot more road car like on tarmac. Comparing my real Focus RS, I can also feel the Car's Rotation around it's Center while cornering. It's caused by inertia by the Front wheels pulling off Center of the Center of Gravity. 

It was far too strong in DR and D4, but it is an actual physical phenomenon.  

Regarding DR2 I will wait for friday before any judgment. Maybe the Videos also have Bad default Setups for tarmac, or the road is wet, or dusty or or or... 

One thing I'm seeing that I don't like is the transmission/drivetrain whine is... strange sounding. There's like a sine wave modulation to it, so it's constantly going "wah-wah-wah-wah-wah" instead of just "reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" if that makes sense, lol.

31 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Here's an exerpt of tonights stream, will try and record a better quality dedicated video tomorrow. Will also do some RX to appease @tbtstt:

Is that Ford without upgrades? Looks like it's low on power lol.

19 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

Today I learned you say Duhjeeziyo. I've been saying it like d'goose. But with e's. I guess that would be geese wouldn't it? I'm a genius ma!

I also now question the difference between the spoken English language and written, because... damn.

• Haha 2

I was gonna post some recorded footage, but apparently it's all pre-release build. Good thing no one will have to see my terrible driving now.

I was gonna post some recorded footage, but apparently it's all pre-release build. Good thing no one will have to see my terrible driving now.

6 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

One thing I'm seeing that I don't like is the transmission/drivetrain whine is... strange sounding. There's like a sine wave modulation to it, so it's constantly going "wah-wah-wah-wah-wah" instead of just "reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" if that makes sense, lol.

• Haha 1

I’m trying so hard not to watch videos! I’d rather experience the stages for myself, but it’s too tempting to watch! Also secretly hoping my plans for Friday night fall through

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Riggs said:

Is that Ford without upgrades? Looks like it's low on power lol.

No idea, it was on custom event so don't know what upgrades are enabled or not.

EDIT: Ok so I had narrowed my FOV, this will give a different sense of speed to the default. Narrower = looks slower.

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken

10 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I came to same realization. Historic championship and also custom championship i believe you can enable it, perhaps in the my team career mode its extra after you have finished masters difficulty (just guessing)

Anyone know if the Steam Workshop will return like in DiRT Rally? Really missed this feature for DiRT 4 and struggled with shitty setups as a result. Trying out setups people made really helped me understand what to do with the setup in DiRT Rally.

Edit: Don't censor me.

Edited by chukonu
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

Jimmy is insisting you can't turn on hardcore damage in career mode..

That would be awful. Is there some footage of hardcore damage though? 

I've totalled the car in head on collisions against trees many times so far, but heavy rolls is still a bit too forgiving imo. 

Well after seeing some videos of the final version I can say that it looks better than Dirt 4 and maybe thane Dirt rally, I'm not sure. It doesn't really look groundbreaking, there is the same old physics engine with that effect of car being held by a rubber band at it's center, which is very obvious on tarmac, so the driver takes turns by doing little multiple slides.  

3 minutes ago, bogani said:

I've totalled the car in head on collisions against trees many times so far, but heavy rolls is still a bit too forgiving imo. 

Yeah, thought soo, I wouldn't expect to get real hardcore damage in Dirt game. 

11 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Oh and those asking, I believe preload is essentially the whole game.

Can confirm, unless something major gets found in the next few days this build is "the one"

58 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

is there a workshop on steam like dirt rally ???  🤔

12 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Anyone know if the Steam Workshop will return like in DiRT Rally? Really missed this feature for DiRT 4 and struggled with shitty setups as a result. Trying out setups people made really helped me understand what to do with the setup in DiRT Rally.

Edit: Don't censor me.

We do not have any Steam Workshop functionality at launch.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CMMcBabe said:

Can confirm, unless something major gets found in the next few days this build is "the one"

i hope that it would be implemented in future 😉

1 minute ago, CMMcBabe said:

Thank you for the reply. Please consider adding it at a later date like you guys did with DiRT Rally.

6 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

Please make Hardcore available in career path (assuming from comments it isn’t currently).

I would love to see this!