DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

1 hour ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Despite this I still soften the hell out of my suspension lol, could hold a full beer in my car while driving 

Here's how not to take corner 7 of Mettet in the EKS S1.... (from stream last night, first time driving it and the track after a practice round)

I am so impressed by how the RX looks like. Codies, I think you have done an incredible job. I am looking forward to test it on friday !

3 hours ago, LutzM said:

Still no info on which time the game will be playable on friday...?! @CMMcBabe @ChristinaMc

Thanks in advance :classic_smile:

X1/PS4 would be a rolling midnight release.  PC I am not 100% sure at the moment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

X1 / PS4 sería un lanzamiento continuo de medianoche. PC no estoy 100% seguro en este momento.

Midnight in the United Kingdom, or midnight in each country? i'm from Argentina (4 hours apart with uk), when is it released?

13 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

Midnight in the United Kingdom, or midnight in each country? i'm from Argentina (4 hours apart with uk), when is it released?

Rolling, so based on the local time in the first party store it was purchased from.

• Like 2

Spoiler:

I'm about to go into a massive rant!

I just wanted to know what is the baseline to have the game before all the orther peasents? Sim experience? Real Experience? Lot's of subs in youtube?

Because I think it's quite fine the way Codies engage with the community and I do understand the need for them to have beta testers, but let them showboat? Nah, I don't like that.

Unfortunately for me I hadn't have the moneys to buy the thing, and today, I was about to drop my hard earn money, but at this point I'm glad I didn't. I just can't stand feeling that not all of us are treated the same, and the ones who have to sit and wait are the ones that actually pay for the game...

Guess I'm sitting this one out... Have fun on the 22nd

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Spoiler:

I just wanted to know what is the baseline to have the game before all the orther peasents? Sim experience? Real Experience? Lot's of subs in youtube?

Because I think it's quite fine the way Codies engage with the community and I do understand the need for them to have beta testers, but let them showboat? Nah, I don't like that.

Unfortunately for me I hadn't have the moneys to buy the thing, and today, I was about to drop my hard earn money, but at this point I'm glad I didn't. I just can't stand feeling that not all of us are treated the same, and the ones who have to sit and wait are the ones that actually pay for the game...

Hey man. Every game that gets released is given out to reviewers and influential streamers, that's just a fact, even if some of them are absolute sausage rolls.

As for community members, some of the most involved (pc) players were involved in dialling in the handling model so we can have a more complete and rounded experience come release, there isn't any favoritism there, just a strong move by codemasters to ensure a better customer experience.

Don't let very ordinary marketing strategies get in the way of you enjoying what looks to be the best rally title to date. 

Suck it up, wait a couple of days and get driving. Doesn't look like you'll regret it.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Hey man. Every game that gets released is given out to reviewers and influential streamers, that's just a fact, even if some of them are absolute sausage rolls.

As for community members, some of the most involved (pc) players were involved in dialling in the handling model so we can have a more complete and rounded experience come release, there isn't any favoritism there, just a strong move by codemasters to ensure a better customer experience.

Don't let very ordinary marketing strategies get in the way of you enjoying what looks to be the best rally title to date. 

Suck it up, wait a couple of days and get driving. Doesn't look like you'll regret it.

That's my question? What defines a influential streamer? Guys with 18 subs on Youtube? And regarding handling? Does any of this guys drove R5 cars? I know Jon Armstrong did, so that I do understand... but the average PC player? 

I could suck it up... but not this time. As I said, enjoy the game. I'm will not be the one to pay for it again like I did with D4

Edited by TheFlyingTuga
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, TheFlyingTuga said:

That's my question? What defines a influential streamer? Guys with 18 subs on Youtube? And regarding handling? Does any of this guys drove R5 cars? I know Jon Armstrong did, so that I do understand... but the average PC player? 

I could suck it up... but not this time. As I said, enjoy the game

I believe the community members in question were very quick in the previous games, and very knowledgeable, and able to describe in a concise manner issues with the handling.

It's a shame you feel like you don't want to play because other people are already playing. Seems like you're just losing out yourself there.

Hope you change your mind.

• Agree 4

Mate lifes not fair. My G25 died on me this week. THIS WEEK. That means ill be sitting and waiting alone in my lounge crying myself to sleep watching you all drive Whaanga Coast on twitch for three weeks while I save up for a new wheel. Been waiting since CMR1 for NZ in a rally game and I just gotta suck it up and wait a little longer. At least you can enjoy it this weekend.

• Sad 6

1 minute ago, pigloaf said:

Mate lifes not fair. My G25 died on me this week. THIS WEEK. That means ill be sitting and waiting alone in my lounge crying myself to sleep watching you all drive Whaanga Coast on twitch for three weeks while I save up for a new wheel. Been waiting since CMR1 for NZ in a rally game and I just gotta suck it up and wait a little longer. At least you can enjoy it this weekend.

genuinely gutted for you there. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I believe the community members in question were very quick in the previous games, and very knowledgeable, and able to describe in a concise manner issues with the handling.

It's a shame you feel like you don't want to play because other people are already playing. Seems like you're just losing out yourself there.

Hope you change your mind.

Don't try to get them excuses. Yeah, one of the fast players come to the foruns and said D4 was the best thing under the sun... turns out... it was marketing! And I do respect the hell out of him, since he is faster than me hahahaha

Anyway, gutted for piggy there. I would gladly borrow you my G27 since it's continuing to gather dust... and so will I xD

6 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Don't try to get them excuses. Yeah, one of the fast players come to the foruns and said D4 was the best thing under the sun... turns out... it was marketing! And I do respect the hell out of him, since he is faster than me hahahaha

Anyway, gutted for piggy there. I would gladly borrow you my G27 since it's continuing to gather dust... and so will I xD

Dude, I know your pain about some people getting earlier copies, specially people with 18 subs or who can't even drive a lawn mower, but it's not worth not experiencing the game just because of that. You're better in the road than off it, so just hop in the game with us.

• Agree 7

23 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

I could suck it up... but not this time. As I said, enjoy the game. I'm will not be the one to pay for it again like I did with D4

You talking about me fella?? lol

Iv been here from the first week of DiRT Rally.  I have been quite vocal and opinionated on occasion and yes, I have real life driving experience.  I have also been beta testing for months and months now by invitation.  It’s only now that I am allowed to talk about it and show the game.

Im not an influencer or YouTuber, just a guy that’s played waaaaaay too many hours DiRT Rally and spent waaaay too many hours chatting about in on the forums here.

You’d have known that though, if you’d have been here as often as I have 😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Dude, I know your pain about some people getting earlier copies, specially people with 18 subs or who can't even drive a lawn mower, but it's not worth not experiencing the game just because of that. You're better in the road than off it, so just hop in the game with us.

Maybe when I see it on a steam sale or something. What I'm saying is that I dislike this "friends of the house" system. I just don't feel like spending 75€ to be treated like a peasant!

And since I can't drive the game 'till the 25th (season opener in the Portuguese Champ) anyways... Like I said, for know, I sitting this one out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, KevM said:

You talking about me fella?? lol

Iv been here from the first week of DiRT Rally.  I have been quite vocal and opinionated on occasion and yes, I have real life driving experience.  I have also been beta testing for months and months now by invitation.  It’s only now that I am allowed to talk about it and show the game.

Im not an influencer or YouTuber, just a guy that’s played waaaaaay too many hours DiRT Rally and spent waaaay too many hours chatting about in on the forums here.

You’d have known that though, if you’d have been here as often as I have 😁

Kev, not talking about you mate. Some guys I do understand. Remember the dutch Neuville? We came from the old foruns way back when DR was just a wet dream of all of us. And yeah, regarding the dutchie, he have real life experience and he is not fast (muahahaha) but I understand that. I'm talking about guys that appeared here from out of nowhere! Maybe that's because I'm portuguese... even if we have the treat with the brits, they still consider us peasants hahaha

To answer some of the comments about who has the game now: with every game we release, there's a whole range of things we do, in partnership with Koch Media (our distribution/PR partners) and our brand partners (in-game sponsors, peripheral providers, licensors, etc) to ensure footage of the game is easy to find and available and that hype is at its hypest before launch. As well as this, we want to say a huge thank you to those who've helped us make the game and validate certain areas of gameplay by letting them play the full game a little earlier.

This means that review keys go to a range of people: from those who've helped us build the game, to streamers with big subs counts, to the smaller Youtubers with engaged audiences who are racing focused, to peripheral providers we've worked with, to Esports teams/competitors who've championed the franchise... We don't have total control over who gets a code, as ultimately this is a global launch and we depend heavily on partners in different territories to deliver the game to the right people.  I can appreciate why some people get frustrated about seeing others with the game before them - I feel the same surges of jealousy when I'm seeing someone play I game I want early! But then I either enjoy that content, or turn it off and wait to experience it myself. 

In the same way that you'd expect to see billboards, bus stops, in-store banners, and all the rest of it - the marketing plan is to put the game in front of as many eyes as possible. And, influencers, reviewers, etc are part of the strategy of taking up the equivalent space digitally. It's OK if you don't enjoy it, but I hope this goes some way to explain why you're seeing more footage emerge.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

Can we all just stop to appreciate how much **** @ChristinaMc puts up with from us, and does it without breaking stride?

And how she somehow got those glorious DR2.0 beanies back on the table as possible merch 😉

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

Can we all just stop to appreciate how much **** @ChristinaMc puts up with from us, and does it without breaking stride?

And how she somehow got those glorious DR2.0 beanies back on the table as possible merch 😉

If those beanies come as merch I'm gonna cry wooly tears of joy. I want I want I want.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

@ChristinaMc regarding all of what I said, you're a real MVP. 

I think I'm just bitter because I've got to be driving the same old Fafe stages this weekend and cannot put my hands on the game hahaha

At the same time, maybe you should start looking at people who want to help as well. You never know if their input wouldn't be as valuable.

Edited by TheFlyingTuga
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

To answer some of the comments about who has the game now: with every game we release, there's a whole range of things we do, in partnership with Koch Media (our distribution/PR partners) and our brand partners (in-game sponsors, peripheral providers, licensors, etc) to ensure footage of the game is easy to find and available and that hype is at its hypest before launch. As well as this, we want to say a huge thank you to those who've helped us make the game and validate certain areas of gameplay by letting them play the full game a little earlier.

This means that review keys go to a range of people: from those who've helped us build the game, to streamers with big subs counts, to the smaller Youtubers with engaged audiences who are racing focused, to peripheral providers we've worked with, to Esports teams/competitors who've championed the franchise... We don't have total control over who gets a code, as ultimately this is a global launch and we depend heavily on partners in different territories to deliver the game to the right people.  I can appreciate why some people get frustrated about seeing others with the game before them - I feel the same surges of jealousy when I'm seeing someone play I game I want early! But then I either enjoy that content, or turn it off and wait to experience it myself. 

In the same way that you'd expect to see billboards, bus stops, in-store banners, and all the rest of it - the marketing plan is to put the game in front of as many eyes as possible. And, influencers, reviewers, etc are part of the strategy of taking up the equivalent space digitally. It's OK if you don't enjoy it, but I hope this goes some way to explain why you're seeing more footage emerge.

People need to realise that it’s pure marketing. There will be many “maybe” purchasers who end up buying the game because of the hype train. I’m happy that a select few get the game early. I’m also very pleased that it makes the wait a little more bearable and provides something to chat about!

1 hour ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Spoiler:

Awwww diddums. 

In other news, I’ve been having great fun on the US stages and Poland with the Group N Subaru. It’s really good fun to drive!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

Awwww diddums. 

In other news, I’ve been having great fun on the US stages and Poland with the Group N Subaru. It’s really good fun to drive!

Where did the 'Mark as Troll' button go in the forums update? 😛 

• Haha 6
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

@ChristinaMc regarding all of what I said, you're a real MVP. 

I think I'm just bitter because I've got to be driving the same old Fafe stages this weekend and cannot put my hands on the game hahaha

At the same time, maybe you should start looking at people who want to help as well. You never know if their input wouldn't be as valuable.

Thanks, appreciate it. 🙂 I know it can be a bit rubbish seeing people playing something you can't yet, but there's a thought process behind it all - promise. 

And no doubt! If this all goes well, I'd love to expand the testing circle. If they let me. 😛 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Where did the 'Mark as Troll' button go in the forums update? 😛 

I prefer resident wind up merchant 😜

• Haha 3