DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

It’s a little disappointing if true, my internet is fairly slow and drops out every now and then, hopefully it won’t kick me out of single player of it does

20 minutes ago, Cezarica97 said:

IGN posted the review for DR2 and they said you can't play the single player without being connected to the internet.

@xtinamcgrath can you confirm this? Whats the reason for it? 

I hope it's not like GT Sport, I mean why would you need to be online to save single player progress? In every other Codemasters game there's no need for an Internet connection to save career... 

Yes I have a rubbish connection, in case you were wondering. There's a reason I always buy physical copies

26 minutes ago, carpa said:

I hope it's not like GT Sport, I mean why would you need to be online to save single player progress? In every other Codemasters game there's no need for an Internet connection to save career... 

Yes I have a rubbish connection, in case you were wondering. There's a reason I always buy physical copies

With Dirt 4 I bought the Day one edition because of that. And I still had to download 26gb to be able to play for the first time. 

Yeah, it keeps connecting you to racenet all the time. I thought it was about leaderboards or some sort of cloud save

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Cezarica97 said:

IGN posted the review for DR2 and they said you can't play the single player without being connected to the internet.

1 hour ago, Hitmanvega said:

On GTplanet review they mention the same thing. Unless I am misreading. 

Yeah, that's where I first heard and read about it too.

If true, it has to be the dumbest decision by CM in a good while and I'm lucky to have dodged another paperweight...umm, I mean bullet.

• Disagree 1

13 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

German co-driver is a famous real life co driver IIRC?

Maybe yes, but the voice I heard on a video was like...nearly hysteric even before she counted down to zero...

1 hour ago, Hitmanvega said:

Will wait for some clarity on this.

So I put my Xbox offline and went into the game and My Team is blanked off and says please connect to Xbox live. It appears that way because the daily challenges load straight into the events menu. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JZStudios said:

As for Big Moon, they had a terrible launch and had to retcon super hard. They released like 18 updates in 2 months because of it's launch, but yeah, the environments are super cool. Have you played it? The physics are terrible and the wheel support is practically non-existent. Dakar is also using Unreal, so it probably doesn't support ultrawide or multi-monitors very well because Epic still uses the wrong FOV format for some god-forsaken reason.

I am with then since day 1. I played through the career with the Vanilla version (pad). Wheel support has been hugely improved and physics have been improved as well. Currently it is a completely other game than at launch at their passion shows. I don't know about those ultrawide multimonitors, so can't answer on that. Give it a retry and maybe you'll be surprised by its progression 😉

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

Hello there. 

-snip-

Wow, it's gorgeous and even a bit retro. Is there a booklet?

Some more gameplay :classic_happy:

Edited by PJTierney
  • Agree 1

DPD are saying my game should be delivered this afternoon, however I am at work so I fear it's going to go back to the depot: fingers crossed the package will fit through my letterbox!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

DPD are saying my game should be delivered this afternoon, however I am at work so I fear it's going to go back to the depot: fingers crossed the package will fit through my letterbox!

Good news pal, though I'm secretly hoping you don't get to play before I do.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

GAME have taken my money but it is still saying it hasn’t shipped 😞 I will be more than unhappy if it isn’t there tomorrow

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Maybe a neighbour can take it, depends on the driver from DPD...

7 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

Noticed the tarmac rallies have a wet Tyre option. Hadn't seen this is any videos prior to playing today. IMG_20190221_111018.thumb.jpg.555a01c084af69bcbe100116012580e9.jpg

Yea it's a cheeky little surprise from those codemasters marvels. Hoping there's some real career tire choice dilemmas to come.

You may end up in a scenario where 1 of your stages is wet but another is dry, and you have to make a tyre call in-between Service Areas :classic_happy:

48 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

Noticed the tarmac rallies have a wet Tyre option. Hadn't seen this is any videos prior to playing today. IMG_20190221_111018.thumb.jpg.555a01c084af69bcbe100116012580e9.jpg

Yep, looking good - I guess gravel uses the same tyres for both then? But looks positive with Sweden and Monte on the horizon.

I just hope the AI can cope with the choices (and make the occasional mistake) too.

• Agree 1

Its so .... that I need a few days extra now I need to wait for the day one copy. Already activated the deluxe content. On the positive side I can fully focus on my Mustang this weekend.

for the people interested in the rebuild. I post sometimes a story on my Instagram account.82170D91-D552-4C21-9D9F-B01EA1DA8E1B.thumb.jpeg.5712d773130210ecce1067ed4eb52b26.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Yep, looking good - I guess gravel uses the same tyres for both then? But looks positive with Sweden and Monte on the horizon.

I just hope the AI can cope with the choices (and make the occasional mistake) too.

Yeah gravel is just soft med and hard which I guess makes sense. I don't know if they have wet gravel tyres irl or not.