DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

18 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I'm confused as to why you directed that at me? I said there would be connection issues since Racenet craps out rather frequently, which has nothing to do with cheaters. Or... server discrepencies? I'm very confused as to why I was quoted.

I agreed with you that having career progression linked to Racenet would cause many problems, because the service isn't very stable and with the added load of all careers it could go even worse. I then added that we now have, on top of these problems that obviously emerged, no real benefit in terms of stage results in the Dailies because all sort of things are still uploaded. 

5 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i've just read that  the  dlc stages won't be playable in career mode..........................................................................................................

why the hell not????????  it that  a joke????

Where did you get that from? 

3 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Where did you read it?

3 minutes ago, chukonu said:

I don't think they won't be in career mode seeing as when DR1 got new stages they put it in the career mode too. Maybe they need to cut down on the overall amount of stages within a championship when they start adding them in though.

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Where did you get that from? 

@RodgerDavies mentioned it here:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/34933-can-someone-explain-career-mode-please-makes-no-sense/

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

Are you kidding me, that is just speculation, don't throw around things like this if its not been confirmed by anyone from CM!!

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken
  • Like 1
  • Agree 10

Just now, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Lmao that is just speculation, don't throw around things like this if its not been confirmed by anyone from CM!!

wath kind of "speculation" is this?????????????? based on what please????

@RodgerDavies , i hope you get a harsh day for writing such thing that scare me 😂😡

3 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

wath kind of "speculation" is this?????????????? based on what please????

@RodgerDavies , i hope you get a harsh day for writing such thing that scare me 😂😡

He's just being pessimistic, looking at the worst possible scenario. 

Honestly, it makes no sense, not including DLC considering how the career mode is set up. Not to mention how DiRT Rally handled adding new rallies. Could be that they are restricted to 6 rallies per championship but I'm confident if that's the case the additional rallies would just be added to the pool of rallies. 

Edited by KingOfCoins
Fixed spelling errors
  • Agree 1

i dont suspect them to be that incompetent. there are multiple ways to handle that. not including them would be the worst by far. thats not going to happen.

i expect them to just include the dlcs you own with no questions asked. so from there on they are selected randomly for your career. (maybe give you an option to enable or disbale dlc before you start your career)

3 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

He's just being pessimistic, looking at the worst possible scenario. 

Honestly, it makes no sense, not including DLC considering how the career mode is set up. Not to mention how DiRT Rally handled adding new rallies. Could be that they are restricted to 6 rallies per championship but I'm confident if that's the case the additional rallies would just be added to the pool of rallies. 

Yeah, I did wonder if the career might be restricted to the same six rallies to keep the deluxe and standard games the same. As you say though, it would make sense for the new content to be added to the pool and for the Championship to select six at random. 

Fingers crossed it's the latter!

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, I did wonder if the career might be restricted to the same six rallies to keep the deluxe and standard games the same. As you say though, it would make sense for the new content to be added to the pool and for the Championship to select six at random. 

Fingers crossed it's the latter!

in the end i would prefer to drive all locations, no matter if there are less stages. less locations in career mode is not the way it should  be...

4 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

I'd be quite happy with just two 01 cars. While they should be a bit slower than the late naughties ones, with a bit of tweaking it's a solid class. 

Just to be able to go all 'Burns v Mcrae' again would be awesome.

P.s if the peugeot 206 doesn't come I'm gonna smash a cup.

Add Makinen to the equation 😉 I think the 2001 cars are faster (more accel and better handling due to WRC specs), at least they were in DR and in D4, but the Lancer Evo VI is driving well this time. I was a bit disappointed though with the fact that lobbies are class-specific, so you cant have those 3 racing together atm. Still praying for the 206.

"*EXTRA WISHFUL THINKING HAT ON* The Evo VI gets moved to a standalone 1997 - 2000 2000cc class where it is joined by the S5 Impreza WRC. "

That won't happen, because even Evo 6.5 was still a Group A. Only VII was a WRC and it was a flop. Instead of licensing the same car and name it 6.5, it easier to just unlock the classes on the lobbies so that you can define which cars are allowed to drive (like how it happens in DR Leagues). Problem solved.

As for the DLC career. It makes no sense that the new locations don't join the mix. Plus, it also makes no sense, even code-wise speaking, for the career to be limited to 6 rallies or to limit the number of stages. That would ruin the point of having more locations and the so asked long championship calendar. And to be honest, I do hope there's no trouble setting up such a long championship in the leagues or in the lobbies, because recently it's been impossible to setup more than 6 stages per rally in DiRT Rally's leagues because racenet simply crashes.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Riggs said:

That won't happen, because even Evo 6.5 was still a Group A. Only VI was a WRC and it was a flop. Instead of licensing the same car and name it 6.5, it easier to just unlock the classes on the lobbies so that you can define which cars are allowed to drive (like how it happens in DR Leagues). Problem solved.

The Evo 6.5 was technically a Group A, but some elements of it were not in compliance with the Group A regulations. 

In terms of integration within the game I do think it would be too complicated, however there is no harm in hoping for it to happen!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

Read it again he says "I don't think they won't be in career mode" double negative.... he DOESNT think they won't....

Hence he thinks they will!

" My biggest concern with it at the moment is that it doesn't seem to incorporate all the new updates - especially hardcore damage mode - and I am very worried that DLC content (stages) won't be incorporated into the mode, seeing as we've had no word whatsoever about how DLC content will be useable yet. "

copy/pasted 😉

23 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

" My biggest concern with it at the moment is that it doesn't seem to incorporate all the new updates - especially hardcore damage mode - and I am very worried that DLC content (stages) won't be incorporated into the mode, seeing as we've had no word whatsoever about how DLC content will be useable yet. "

copy/pasted 😉

Come on man, you are taking someone else's speculations as facts and is getting all worked up about it. It's speculations, nothing more. 

• Agree 2

Might as well remove this stupid racenet thing entirely if it doesn't even prevent cheating anyway.

2 minutes ago, bogani said:

Come on man, you are taking someone else's speculations as facts and is getting all worked up about it. It's speculations, nothing more. 

hey, when someone talk about something like he did i tend to believe him.........  

6 minutes ago, BloodCat said:

And again we have some DeLoreans in the dailies. Also, I got lots of credits somehow. O.o

dirtrally2_2019_02_25_19_10_21_296.thumb.jpg.3acc2ff17c7eea851a4f1a45f5942065.jpg

dirtrally2_2019_02_25_19_12_03_864.thumb.jpg.37573eea77c21f65bd5a77a9a540c3c2.jpg

are you on steam platform????

i'm on steam and i don't have the time limits for the rewards................ another bug????

p.s: codies have given deluxe users 1milion cr  for bad racenet issue 😉

Edited by teknoid85

4 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Might as well remove this stupid racenet thing entirely if it doesn't even prevent cheating anyway.

Can be an honest bug still. Having no word on issue from local 'community manager' is alarming though.

2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i'm on steam and i don't have the time limits for the rewards................ another bug????

Yup, I'm on steam. Can you provide a screenshot?

Edited by BloodCat
Adding a quote.

I know Jose Galan, I've seen him bend space and time on at least 3 separate occasion so labeling him a cheat is a little unfair. 

5 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

hey, when someone talk about something like he did i tend to believe him.........  

Don't believe anything anyone says about stuff like this unless they can back it up with a source, I'm including myself in this.

I heard we are going to be getting an open world Wales instead of dedicated stages plus PSVR support tomorrow.

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Don't believe anything anyone says about stuff like this unless they can back it up with a source, I'm including myself in this.

I heard we are going to be getting an open world Wales instead of dedicated stages plus PSVR support tomorrow.

in my opinion, if you talk like he did, you know what you're talking about............   if tha's not the case,well...........................  😝

• Confused 1

So I was thinking, if your were not into dirt rally or dirt4 and you buy this game... there is not a single help whatsoever for new drivers. That is silly, and will cause a lot of bad reviews?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2