DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I was a bit disappointed with how much grip there was in the Welsh stages today, at least I got to wave at @Rallycameraman as we came past
Appreciate the waving when stood on a Welsh hill side being battered by the wind and having dust blown in your face.

Gossip Material! :D
My new PC will arrive this week finally i can play DiRT Rally again :P

So the Daily, Weekly and monthly events aren't save anymore! :D

macebig said:
So,just a small rumor.People from Southam are taking a ride  to Birmingham.
Hope that's on a (very) temporary basis if so. Looking at Steam reviews, DR has (deservedly) amazing average reviews, I hope they see it as a halo that could help massively strengthen their reputation.

Areyouben said:
Dramatic new look for World Rally cars

Source: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/july/wrc-tech-rules/page/2586--12-12-.html

This is how World Rally cars of the future could look like following Friday's (July 10) dicision of the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Mexico City to approve exciting outline principles of the technical regulations for 2017.

2017 will see steps similar to WTCC I think. Read the above article for all info. The key features:

- New aerodynamic package which includes a bigger rear wing.
- Engine power raised to 380bhp thanks to an increase in turbo restrictor size to 36mm.
Cars will be bigger due to a 55mm increase in the permitted width and a greater overhang at the front and rear.
- E
lectronically-controlled centre differentials will return and they will be 25kg lighter.
That concept sketch is truly awful, someone at the FIA needs a slap for that! The idea of more power and a wider track for the cars sounds brilliant to me, then they represent it with that awful drawing! I have seen a concept on Facebook of the current cars with the new rules applied and they are pretty encouraging:

The only thing I'm not so sure about is the return of electronic diffs, the current generation of cars look far more skittish than the last of the 2.0L cars and I'm afraid electronic diffs will remove that.

The current generation are my favourite since the late 90s, since the advent of the WRC-car era and end of Group A. They remind me of the smaller cars of the Peugeot 205 and Renault 5 era.

I'm tentatively excited about the future (apart from that awful concept sketch that they shouldn't have released), but could understand if the electronic diff was a compromise for safety to balance the extra power.

Either way, they will be the fastest stage rallying cars ever and it's going to be exciting to see them in person.

Yes the electronic centre diff is a bit of a concern for me too. They should just keep it mechanical. Still we've got a long way to go yet, I expect we'll see Manufacturers testing cars to the new spec from 2016

It would have been VERY cool if DiRTy Devs released their interpretation of the 2017 WRC rules for DiRT Rally :D

Make a car model resembling a hatchback, follow the dimensions and guidelines to make the wings and bodywork, slap on a huge wing and put Codies stickers on it.

Definte the engine to match the expected parameters (380hp and loads of torque), do some other magic and release it for DiRT Rally as a demonstration of their speed :)

It would be a good advert for Codemasters to get the WRC licence off Big Ben :P :P

tbtstt said
Areyouben said:
Dramatic new look for World Rally cars

Source: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/july/wrc-tech-rules/page/2586--12-12-.html

This is how World Rally cars of the future could look like following Friday's (July 10) dicision of the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Mexico City to approve exciting outline principles of the technical regulations for 2017.

2017 will see steps similar to WTCC I think. Read the above article for all info. The key features:

- New aerodynamic package which includes a bigger rear wing.
- Engine power raised to 380bhp thanks to an increase in turbo restrictor size to 36mm.
- Cars will be bigger due to a 55mm increase in the permitted width and a greater overhang at the front and rear.
- Electronically-controlled centre differentials will return and they will be 25kg lighter.
That concept sketch is truly awful, someone at the FIA needs a slap for that! The idea of more power and a wider track for the cars sounds brilliant to me, then they represent it with that awful drawing! I have seen a concept on Facebook of the current cars with the new rules applied and they are pretty encouraging:

The only thing I'm not so sure about is the return of electronic diffs, the current generation of cars look far more skittish than the last of the 2.0L cars and I'm afraid electronic diffs will remove that.
At first I thought it looked ok on my phone. Then I looked closer and notice  it looked like many of the cars on Dirt Rally. After I've driven it into 6 tree's rolled it down 2 backs and launched it from the upper most hairpin of Pikes peak. 

I'm not to keen on the electronic diff either tbh. But they will improve over time no doubt.

Please stop posting! Every time I see that picture I feel sick..

Evilsmurf said:
Helping fix F1 2015?!

Is it broken?
It's not in the state it really should be. Performance on the Xbox One version is a bit short of the promised 60fps, typically being around 45/50 in Monaco.
It's pretty well documented that the PC version in-particular isn't up to scratch and a bit of a shonky port with a notable list of issues that has pushed it down into mostly negative reviews on Steam.

By comparison, DiRT Rally has a 92% positive reviews rating on Steam out of 2,900 reviews.
Only 33% of the F1 2015 Steam reviews out of 700 are positive.
So yeah, there's problems there and more than just a vocal minority.
It's not Arkham Knight bad, but that debacle is still very fresh in peoples minds. 

I'll admit, I've had it refunded on Steam. The extra development time by 'skipping' 2014 isn't really apparent in the overall package. There's more stuff missing than I expected, including things that actually affects the racing/experience (No more safety car? Really?) and the PC port really should have been delayed rather than released in the state it was
After the lashing Warner Bros just got and Steam now having a refund policy that means the money might not stay in the bank, the old mantra of "ship it - patch it" can't be relied upon any more.

BrySkye said:
Evilsmurf said:
Helping fix F1 2015?!

Is it broken?
It's not in the state it really should be. Performance on the Xbox One version is a bit short of the promised 60fps, typically being around 45/50 in Monaco.
It's pretty well documented that the PC version in-particular isn't up to scratch and a bit of a shonky port with a notable list of issues that has pushed it down into mostly negative reviews on Steam.

By comparison, DiRT Rally has a 92% positive reviews rating on Steam out of 2,900 reviews.
Only 33% of the F1 2015 Steam reviews out of 700 are positive.
So yeah, there's problems there and more than just a vocal minority.
It's not Arkham Knight bad, but that debacle is still very fresh in peoples minds. 

I'll admit, I've had it refunded on Steam. The extra development time by 'skipping' 2014 isn't really apparent in the overall package. There's more stuff missing than I expected, including things that actually affects the racing/experience (No more safety car? Really?) and the PC port really should have been delayed rather than released in the state it was
After the lashing Warner Bros just got and Steam now having a refund policy that means the money might not stay in the bank, the old mantra of "ship it - patch it" can't be relied upon any more.
just Dump F1 license all together, and use the DiRT Rally model for all future games.  license the Vehicles and Tracks, do your best on handling and FFB, Early Access and concentrate on something based on the Grid series.  compete directly wit PCars.  Heck add in Gymkahna or something into Grid.  

Then work on DiRT Off-road with Stadium Trucks, Baja and maybe Dakar.  

I I don't see how you could go wrong.

I've read loads of posts on F1 2015 about it's online multiplayer - now I'm quite glad DiRT Rally is not using the new engine and tech from F1 2015...

Hopefully, the PvP mode for RX and possibly rally will use the tech from previous DiRT games, which didn't have any signifcant issues as I recall.

I used to play the F1 games a LOT and compete every weekend in F1 leagues. It would have been so gutting to find out that the new game is completely unplayable due to de-syncing of players and glitches.

In addition Cutom lobbies are not there anymore, neither is the online ranking system.

I just hope that the MP in DiRT Rally for RX will allow the players to create really custom lobbies, create a mix of events (Rally stages, RX events, Hillclimb) and limit assists.

It's clear that the F1 2015 devs ran out of time - with Early Access I'd rather wait a bit to have a fully functional and reliable Multiplayer mode.

I highly doubt I'll be able to join you all with my min spec laptop, but I would love to play some gossiper's rallycross events!

Former WRC driver Mikko Hirvonen will make his Dakar Rally debut next year after securing a drive with X-raid - source

Made me think, Hirvonen (and Loeb, who already did it once) should go Rallycrossing!

Areyouben said:
Made me think, Hirvonen (and Loeb, who already did it once) should go Rallycrossing!
Loeb has done rallycross twice: though one of those was X-Games, so only once properly.  ;)

Areyouben said:
Former WRC driver Mikko Hirvonen will make his Dakar Rally debut next year after securing a drive with X-raid - source

It would have been funny if Loeb was confirmed to take part in Dakar, take the wins and prevent Mikko from taking any... That kept happening for so many years in WRC!

Mikko may be thinking: 'Not this guy again...' :tongue:

In Holjes there were plenty of situations worthy of a Steam achievement... I can't wait for the next batch to be released once RX pack is live!

'Crazy Norwegian and his rottweiler'
'Happy Street'
'Oj oj oj'