DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

tbtstt said:
Areyouben said:
Made me think, Hirvonen (and Loeb, who already did it once) should go Rallycrossing!
Loeb has done rallycross twice: though one of those was X-Games, so only once properly.  ;)
Ooh I actually didn't even know about the French round he apparently did.  :p

http://www.bsimracing.com/two-new-cars-for-sebastien-loeb-rally-evo/
Maybe the reason behind Renault licensing problems?

look at it logically. F1 is more of a money winner.

rally is more niche.never really enjoyed f1 games to boring just like real life. :p

Looks like a bunch of posts have gone AWOL. 
Never looks good when well behaved discussion just vanishes.

macebig said:
As far as I'm aware, It's never been stated that there are any Renault licensing problems at all.
That's just an assumption from the cars not being in the 0.500 update.
Thing is, we don't know that they were ever meant to be in that update.

The fact they were in an accidentally released internal build doesn't really mean anything, since internal builds can contain any mixture of elements in different stages of implementation.
Codies have had internal builds that include Rally Cross since before Pikes Peak was released (Imagine if one of THOSE had accidentally been released).

Areyouben said:
Former WRC driver Mikko Hirvonen will make his Dakar Rally debut next year after securing a drive with X-raid - source

Made me think, Hirvonen (and Loeb, who already did it once) should go Rallycrossing!
That's awesome, will love to see Mikko in the Dakar. Hopefully he will do well enough to be told to pull over and let Roma by.

BrySkye said:
I was asked by a member to clean up all the F1/Grid/Spammer convo because it wasn't DiRT Gossip related, that's all.

BrySkye said:

macebig said:
As far as I'm aware, It's never been stated that there are any Renault licensing problems at all.

The fact they were in an accidentally released internal build doesn't really mean anything, since internal builds can contain any mixture of elements in different stages of implementation.
Codies have had internal builds that include Rally Cross since before Pikes Peak was released (Imagine if one of THOSE had accidentally been released).
Exactly, there are still a few things that I've played that you guys havnt, and might never get to play

Areyouben said:
tbtstt said:
Areyouben said:
Loeb has done rallycross twice: though one of those was X-Games, so only once properly.  ;)
He was pretty awesome to watch...

...unsurprisingly the French fans went nuts every time he was so much as mentioned!

BrySkye said:

macebig said:

Exactly, there are still a few things that I've played that you guys havnt, and might never get to play
sounds fishy 

Interesting (if too wide) stages... but what's up with the smoke sticking to the car?!

Handling wise, they should just call it V-Rally WRC :-p

tbtstt said:
Areyouben said:
tbtstt said:
Areyouben said:

...unsurprisingly the French fans went nuts every time he was so much as mentioned!

How did he do?

There is no conection between car and so wide enough stage.... 

Give and opinion without testing is complicated, first impression for me is not good... Dirt Rally is more complex, and randomly things if we take a look on the stages.

I would like to see in DR is dust on hood (minor nitpicking) like I see here.  

Roads are definitely too wide!  

gfRally said:
I would like to see in DR is dust on hood (minor nitpicking) like I see here.  

Roads are definitely too wide!  

There is also that neat cloud of dust that just "hangs" around the car at all time. Looks really natural ;)

I can see what they've tried there with the dust on the side of the car. I love how light dust is thrown sideways by the WRC beasts and how it curls up on the inside of the car as it slides.

I can see they've tried to have this sideways kick-up activate when the car is sliding, but it doesn't look very natural...

I can also hear they've tried to include the sound of the VW Polo WRC when it's off throttle under braking and at times (in the hood cam) it sounds believable.

The stages are definitely too wide, I can't judge the handling from looking but it definitely is nowhere near DiRT Rally when it comes to detail of car handling simulation.

If they release a demo I'll give it 10 minutes of my time... Maybe, but not if comes out when one of DiRT Rally updates land :D

I have no words for this (WRC5 Gameplay)

http://youtu.be/Ydxqd6iErJo
I believe we have a swear filter on the forum, so you won't be able to read the word that has just popped into my head if I post it.
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Areyouben said:
tbtstt said:
Areyouben said:

How did he do?
He was knocked out in the first semi-final. Loeb was quick, but he got stuck in traffic and ended up finishing the semi final in fourth, just one spot away from a position in the final!

At work, will be 7hrs before I see it, what's up with the Birthday celebration?  

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/621275614067228673

I have no words for this (WRC5 Gameplay)

http://youtu.be/Ydxqd6iErJo
This game has the potential to be a good arcade alternative to DiRT Rally. However, right now, the sound (as usual from the new wave of WRC games) gives me a huge headache for the wrong reasons, and the gameplay, though leaning towards arcade, still looks very, very unnatural. The roads being too wide is also an opinion I shouldn't have to state, but I will do anyway. 

Gossip material, Will we get this stage in Flying Finland in September? :O

https://youtu.be/ZZsBreZpVbw?list=PLVyRAt2cxbxtE9RCrPiXy3lwlULGLCIdO

I hope so!!!

I was on the phone before and I didn't explain why my bet was that WRC 5 will feauture the 2014 season.

Vodafone Rally de Portugal moved into the north of the country. This stage that they put there looks a lot with a South stage by the setting and gravel colour pallet. I'm not a nerd that knows all portuguese stages, but I'm sure that this one is on the south and I would prefer to see a north stage (mainly Fafe) then this. Besides that the roads are really wide and I can't remember seing wide roads in Vodafone Rally de Portugal footage from last years! 

Interesting (if too wide) stages... but what's up with the smoke sticking to the car?!

Handling wise, they should just call it V-Rally WRC :-p
Didn't care for V-Rally, but V-Rally 2 was pretty damn good, every bit a CMR competitor.
Also one of the finest 4-Player splitscreen racing games ever made (Dreamcast version).
Awesome intro. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-UsLem-OVw

If that doesn't fire you up to go all out rallying, you're missing something, lol.

You know, just as there is a place for a sim, there's a place for a really good arcade game and it should be nothing to be ashamed of.
Dunno if WRC5 will manage that since making a really good rally game of that type is just as hard as making a sim.
The Sega Rally (Revo) guys now working on DiRT Rally know that first hand, that game had flaws.