DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

10 hours ago, KYE1995 said:

Absolutely loving the game but why is there only a Deluxe Edition upgrade on the PlayStation Store? Can I not buy the Season Pass on it’s own? I pre ordered the game and already got the Porsche, car unlocks etc. so why am I having to pay for them again just to get the Season Pass?

Before you buy, Just wanna say, you have to buy it with account that you use most, because you can use DLC just with one Account ( in Career mode), thats a thing i learned on harder way.. as deluxe owner, they had to inform you about that, that you can use DLC just with one account, on every other account on PS4 has to pay again for DLC, so you can be using it in Career mode.

Edited by dani211212

Well.... the Monte Carlo is actually taking place in France, so that makes kinda sence. Just there is a stamp of Monte Carlo on it.

2 hours ago, dani211212 said:

Before you buy, Just wanna say, you have to buy it with account that you use most, because you can use DLC just with one Account ( in Career mode), thats a thing i learned on harder way.. as deluxe owner, they had to inform you about that, that you can use DLC just with one account, on every other account on PS4 has to pay again for DLC, so you can be using it in Career mode.

Thanks for the heads up, I only use one account though so it doesn’t affect me but it’s still a shame for people like you who use more.

Sorry for the double post, the forums went down when I was posting the picture. It was called Monte Carlo in DR and despite being in France, it's in the Monaco principality and it's not known as rally of France, but oh well just a code name.

Edited by Riggs

3 hours ago, dani211212 said:

That makes sense, makes it more effective to punish cheaters.

• Disagree 1

10 hours ago, ark13700 said:

Quindi non vuoi che aggiungano altri rally perché non c'è abbastanza contenuto per il rally?

they can also add 6 rallies, 12 special stages in total. added to the other 18 would be 30 special stages with 12 rallies..this example ... always remain ridiculous. little seriousness. luckily there are simulators (not simcades) better ... for true rally enthusiasts. not for the fanboys of a software house named codemasters ... lucky you who settle for little and poor substance

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Disagree 1

49 minutes ago, Riggs said:

That makes sense, makes it more effective to punish cheaters.

I am sorry but what has DLC using, with cheating!? i use one account and my kid has second.. so i have to pay more for using my kids account!? why didnt they make option in game for more players? so we can make separate career mode with same account?

for example: here is official link from codies store, https://store.codemasters.com/us/product/500546/dirt-rally-20-deluxe-edition can you find info of DLC just for one user? if they did that way they should tell users about that,

from PS3 time (2006), if you bought something in PS Store, it was allways accsess for all users on that Console , and later, when i moved to PS4,  i bought few games from  PS Store, and my Son can use all games and all the dlc on his account..  jus Dirt rally 2.0 not! they didnt even give that info..   i am sorry, but thats in my opinion, just greed

Edited by dani211212
better clarification of DLC problem
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Because if the DLC was bound for each console instead of each account, cheaters wouldn't have to buy the game again. This way if an account gets banned, if you want to play again in the online mode and try to cheat again, you'll have to pay big for it.

Usually content is bound to accounts and not hardware. Same for the steam, World of Warcraft, etc. You can always let your kid play on your account instead of buying everything for his.

Edited by Riggs
  • Disagree 2

29 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Because if the DLC was bound for each console instead of each account, cheaters wouldn't have to buy the game again. This way if an account gets banned, if you want to play again in the online mode and try to cheat again, you'll have to pay big for it.

Usually content is bound to accounts and not hardware. Same for the steam, World of Warcraft, etc. You can always let your kid play on your account instead of buying everything for his.

You did not understand me, You can play the game and compete on second account, but, you cant use DLC. how can that stop cheaters they can cheat still with no DLC!? 

i dont see how can someone defend this "lame" decision, it has nothing to do with cheating..

i like the game, but there are to much nonsense, that only hurt sale,  of this  great Game. 

2 hours ago, ale81udine said:

they can also add 6 rallies, 12 special stages in total. added to the other 18 would be 30 special stages with 12 rallies..this example ... always remain ridiculous. little seriousness. luckily there are simulators (not simcades) better ... for true rally enthusiasts. not for the fanboys of a software house named codemasters ... lucky you who settle for little and poor substance

Well, you can always go back to your 'serious' simulator with ****** graphics and ****** sound that also had tho be heavily modified to be anywhere near realistic.

Oh, and btw. Are you seriously comparing stage kilometers when one of the them relies on years upon years of mod created stages? How many stage kilometers are in the vanilla game again? 

Hugs and kisses. 

Edited by bogani
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 5

49 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

You're one of those glass-half-empty guys aren't you. Me too if I'm honest but in this case I gotta disagree with you. Why look at it as 1 long stage chopped up, you could just as easily say it's 2 short stages joined together. The way you're saying it if they didn't include the long versions at all the game would have twice as much content. Why is there no facepalm reaction to posts on here, sometimes I feel I really need it to express my reaction.

• Agree 1

On 3/15/2019 at 12:07 PM, P308R said:

With the livestream shown and with a game packed with content from the start (JWRC, WRC2 Pro, WRC2 Private, WRC, Historics) this is a serious contender and it definitely gave me some thought of just completely skipping DR2 alltogether.

To be fair, as long as you are not living on existential minimum, I really don't see how you can't afford to pick up both titles? 

4 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Well.... the Monte Carlo is actually taking place in France, so that makes kinda sence. Just there is a stamp of Monte Carlo on it.

They'd have a hard time running the entire rally inside the Principality too... 

1 hour ago, ale81udine said:

83556297.gif

• Haha 3

I'm just laughing how these haters prefer to purchase the arcadey garbage-looking-and-sounding poor rendition of the WRC instead of a masterpiece like this just because it has a few bugs at the start 😄

To each their own.

Have fun with the 100 fake stages with no immersion and no fun to drive action. I'll be having fun with the true experience.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

What I don't get is the "codemaster fanboy" BS. Codemasters games make up less than 1% of the games I own. Is it so hard to believe I'm defending the game because I like it?

• Agree 1

I like the game, too. But for me personally a Masterpiece at this point in time ? Nah; as an overall package I still prefer DR1 at this point, even with its inferior physics.

But of course that can change. If Codemasters REALLY sticks with DR 2.0 it can be brought to its full potential; which is already visible in some parts. 

As for WRC 8: I never played any of the older titles. First one I bought was WRC 6, after Dirt Rally renewed my love for Rally-games and made me buy a wheel again. But in my opinion WRC 6 was pretty crappy; just glad I got it on a pretty cheap sale back then. I didn´t buy WRC 7, only played it a couple of times on PC at a friends house. There were some good improvements, but overall still somewhat lacklustre; especially regarding the physics, the Sound-department and the Co-driver. If they continue to improve the game the same way they improved WRC 7 compared to 6, WRC 8 MAY actually turn out to be a worthwile Rallygame. If it can compete with the two DR-Titles remains to be seen; I would guess no. But that doesn´t mean one can´t have fun with WRC 8 as well. At least one can be happy that the quality of the WRC-games seems to improve, compared to the Series when it was still developed by Milestone.

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 2

DR1 is less than DR2 in every aspect, at this moment. The fact that you prefer DR1 as an overall package doesn't mean it's better, because it isn't, it's just a matter of getting used to it. As an overall DR2.0 is way superior in every field.

The only thing different is that 2.0 is having a couple of launch bugs. The game hasn't been out for a month! Give it time people, why be so spoiled? DR1 took months to get patched and built throughout Early Access. It wasn't always a smooth roadmap and the physics got changed from v1 to v2, it also had its own crashes and racenet problems and content updates took longer and came with fewer content. Even the DLC roll out on this one is far bigger.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Well, it depends what you want. And it has nothing to do with "getting used to it", because I have written NOTHING about the way the game handles or feels; I even wrote that I still prefer DR 1 DESPITE it having inferior physics; meaning I acknowledge that DR 2.0 is superior to DR 1 when it comes to the pure driving experience. Nevertheless I would say the stages in DR 1 are better and more fun to drive than the ones in DR2.0. But that may be only natural, seeing they´re the most iconic Events you can have in a Rally-game. And at least some of them are coming to DR 2.0 as well (just hoping for Wales and Greece making the jump over, too).

But there are some things that DR1 does better. Workshop-support for example. Support for Analogue-Handbrakes. Better FFB. General support for wheels is better in DR 1 (still greyed out options like sensitivity without any explanation in DR 2.0). It has Hillclimb. You can use custom liveries without being thrown out of the Online-Events. Better Mod-support in general. You have Custom-Championships in DR 1 that give you a sense of progression, meaning you can still earn cash and car-upgrades while making up your own Championships. DR 1 has WAY better performance for what is on offer.

And yes, DR 1 had its fair share of problems, too. But most of it was during Early Access; it was expected to be a rougher ride during that phase; and because of that it was sold at a way lower price compared to the 60 bucks for DR 2.0. I only compare the two games after they were officially released.

And please, tell me why I am spoiled ? Where have I said anything about the timeframe of the patches ? I even said that DR 2.0 can become the superior game for me if Codemasters sticks with the game, because it has way more potential than DR 1. You shouldn´t get so defensive, just because someone isn´t praising it as the masterpiece it seems to be for you personally. And as I said, it´s not an objective fact that DR 2.0 is superior in every way to its predecessor.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Civarello said:

Well, it depends what you want. And it has nothing to do with "getting used to it", because I have written NOTHING about the way the game handles or feels; I even wrote that I still prefer DR 1 DESPITE it having inferior physics; meaning I acknowledge that DR 2.0 is superior to DR 1 when it comes to the pure driving experience. Nevertheless I would say the stages in DR 1 are better and more fun to drive than the ones in DR2.0. But that may be only natural, seeing they´re the most iconic Events you can have in a Rally-game. And at least some of them are coming to DR 2.0 as well (just hoping for Wales and Greece making the jump over, too).

But there are some things that DR1 does better. Workshop-support for example. Support for Analogue-Handbrakes. Better FFB. General support for wheels is better in DR 1 (still greyed out options like sensitivity without any explanation in DR 2.0). It has Hillclimb. You can use custom liveries without being thrown out of the Online-Events. Better Mod-support in general. You have Custom-Championships in DR 1 that give you a sense of progression, meaning you can still earn cash and car-upgrades while making up your own Championships. DR 1 has WAY better performance for what is on offer.

And yes, DR 1 had its fair share of problems, too. But most of it was during Early Access; it was expected to be a rougher ride during that phase; and because of that it was sold at a way lower price compared to the 60 bucks for DR 2.0. I only compare the two games after they were officially released.

And please, tell me why I am spoiled ? Where have I said anything about the timeframe of the patches ? I even said that DR 2.0 can become the superior game for me if Codemasters sticks with the game, because it has way more potential than DR 1. You shouldn´t get so defensive, just because someone isn´t praising it as the masterpiece it seems to be for you personally. And as I said, it´s not an objective fact that DR 2.0 is superior in every way to its predecessor.

Yea that's all fair enough man. You have some good points. Personally the physics is more important to me than all that other stuff so I'm not playing DR anymore but I pretty much agree with you on the areas that could be improved in the new game. You aren't one of these people that's slating the game and saying it's bad though, those are the people I don't understand. On console it obviously has issues, idk I'm a PC guy, but judging from the steam reviews you'd be forgiven for thinking these dudes are playing a different game.

I can absolutely understand why people prefer DR 2.0 over DR1. But it seems that some people take criticisms of DR 2.0 way too personal on these Forums. Just because I say I still prefer DR 1 at this point doesn´t mean I don´t like DR 2.0. As I said numerous times now, I like it very much. And I´m thankful that we got a more serious Rally-game at all; and that I wish Codemasters nothing but success with the game. But I´m also very critical about the state of the game it was released in. 

I think people have become more critical in general when it comes to Video Games; because of all the stuff that happens in the industry. I for one can only say that I welcome that people are somewhat more critical of buggy releases, lootboxes, Microtransactions in fullpriced games etc. ; as long as it´s CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. But of course I also know that this attracts people who only want to vent out some frustration, which makes it harder for devs to see the constructive feedback. Sadly some people don´t make a distinction anymore between the people who only want to vent and the people who criticize something with the goal to improve the games and this industry as a whole and be more consumer-friendly again.

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Civarello said:

people take criticisms of DR 2.0 way too personal on these Forums

You are kind of right here, but you have to understand most of the criticisms on these forums (if they aren't coming from some of the most active members) tends to come across pretty... shall I say entitled and snobby? Most of them aren't offering up real critiques but just spew drivel and nonsense complaining about everything like it's the end of the world. You definitely have very valid points on what 2.0 lacks, I don't think many on here would argue them, but most of the members here who stick around tend to have a long-term scope in mind.

While reddit and twitter are all blowing up about patches not being out 2 weeks after launch, most of us here understand the game hasn't even been out a month yet and that Codies is going to get us those patches. We all mostly knew 2.0 was going to have growing pains early on so we aren't really holding it against CM while they work on fixing it. Now if we get to DLC2 and nothing has been actually addressed, you'll see a very different side of these forums come out.

tl;dr - the members here are getting a thick skin to initial criticisms because most are mindless drivel without substance; but if you actually present your points you'll find most agree with the shortcomings you bring up.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Cortextual said:

What I don't get is the "codemaster fanboy" BS. Codemasters games make up less than 1% of the games I own. Is it so hard to believe I'm defending the game because I like it?

That is the way it is these days. You can't actually enjoy something without being a fan boy or a shill. 

:classic_blink:

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

You are kind of right here, but you have to understand most of the criticisms on these forums (if they aren't coming from some of the most active members) tends to come across pretty... shall I say entitled and snobby? Most of them aren't offering up real critiques but just spew drivel and nonsense complaining about everything like it's the end of the world. You definitely have very valid points on what 2.0 lacks, I don't think many on here would argue them, but most of the members here who stick around tend to have a long-term scope in mind.

While reddit and twitter are all blowing up about patches not being out 2 weeks after launch, most of us here understand the game hasn't even been out a month yet and that Codies is going to get us those patches. We all mostly knew 2.0 was going to have growing pains early on so we aren't really holding it against CM while they work on fixing it. Now if we get to DLC2 and nothing has been actually addressed, you'll see a very different side of these forums come out.

tl;dr - the members here are getting a thick skin to initial criticisms because most are mindless drivel without substance; but if you actually present your points you'll find most agree with the shortcomings you bring up.

Indeed. There is a difference to critique something in a constructive way rather than just go "DR2 BAD. CODEMASTERS SUXXX". 

6 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

I get that; I kinda mentioned these kinds of people as well. But I also don´t think that my post was anything like that; I only mentioned I still prefer DR 1. And still being called "spoiled"; even though I never talked about the timeframe of the patches in the first place. That´s what I mean; call out the people who are worthy of being called out and not just because someone has a more critical standpoint at this point. This is not me being "whiny" or too sensitive by the way; I simply don´t like to be thrown into the same pot with all the venters and non-constructive people.

• Agree 2