DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

¿Así que tantas secciones con tan dañinas físicas? ( RBR ) No importa el tramo, los autos siempre giran de una manera extraña, fruto de una conducción y física enlatada. La suciedad 3 es MUCHO mejor que un RBR.

Edited by Keko55

Safe to say the "spoiled" part came after "Give it time people". If you entitled yourself as spoiled, then it was your call not mine. That part of the text was aimed at the batch of people who keep crying in the forums 24/7 making double threads for attention.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Does DR2.0 need improvements? Yes it does, as well as a big ton of bug fixes. But such things take time to actually do, test and implement. And it drives me crazy reading posts with people saying none of the issues have been acknowledged, when they have been more than once. Probably it would be better to sum it up in a stickied thread, but nonetheless it has been acknowledged and been pointed that it's being worked on. Plus, the Chief Game Designer has said it countless times: "We want feedback from the community about which improvements we can make in the game, content, features" (such as tyre compounds etc). No such speech has been delivered in DiRT Rally 1 and DiRT4. There's a big difference here.

However, this big batch of spoiled kids simply prefer to create havoc and review-bomb a game way below of its actual level, not having any idea of the consequences this might have on the future success of the game and the difficulties this team has been undergoing for years to be able to deliver such experience.

The topping is finished when then these same people dare to say WRC8 drives and looks much better than DR2.0, based on a livestream. Sure it can be better than WRC7, that's where you can compare 8, but comparing to DiRT Rally 2.0 and even 1, it's a complete junk. Not to mention these same people complain about CM not fixing certain features that are hard to do from a game to another, while this developer has kept the same ridiculous car sounds since their first game and still didn't fix them for 8.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion and to debate. But that's not what's happening.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

So you're saying people should give the game a good review despite it not working properly? 

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, bogani said:

Bene, puoi sempre tornare al tuo simulatore 'serio' con la grafica ****** e il suono ****** che ha anche dovuto essere pesantemente modificato per essere quasi realistico.

Oh, e btw. Stai seriamente confrontando i chilometri del palcoscenico quando uno di loro si basa su anni e anni di fasi mod create? Quanti chilometri di tappa sono di nuovo nel gioco di vaniglia? 

Baci e abbracci. 

quello che conta è che i piloti e codriver reali li trovi ancora li ( dal 2004) , per voi conta solo grafica e sound, si vede.. e come parlare di rally con bambini appassionati di calcio..  I fanboy siete voi che diffendete anche quando una cosa è *****. colpa vostra e delle community come voi se non esce un prodotto all'altezza.

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Riggs said:

Sto solo ridendo sul fatto che questi nemici preferiscano acquistare la versione povera e arcade del WRC piuttosto che un capolavoro come questo solo perché all'inizio ha alcuni bug 😄

A ognuno il suo.

Divertiti con le 100 fasi finte senza immergerti e divertiti a guidare l'azione. Mi divertirò con la vera esperienza.

mi diverto su rbr world, wrc e dirt rally 2.0 lo lascio a voi amanti della grafica e del bel sound. 

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Decks said:

Quindi stai dicendo che la gente dovrebbe dare al gioco una buona recensione nonostante non funzioni correttamente? 

per i fanboy della codemasters dirt rally può avere 6000 difetti e problemi,per loro il voto è sempre 10/10 . se provi a criticare si offendono come alle scuole elementari. Si perde solo tempo. c'e un proverbio che dice: inutile parlare con gli asini, si perde solo tempo e si infastidisce la bestia. 

• Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

you have fog instead of neurons. you are empty.

How dare you, sir! Nobody talks trash about my neurons! Done with you.

Edited by Cortextual
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Decks said:

So you're saying people should give the game a good review despite it not working properly? 

I think what people are saying is have some damn nuance. Stop seeing everything in pure black and white. The game is good with some problems of varying seriousness. It does, in fact, work properly for the most part. Yes, a few things don’t, but to say that the game as a whole doesn’t, that’s just ridiculous.

It’s perfectly possible to enjoy something while also being aware of and critical of its failings. Nobody is so blinded by their undying love of Codemasters that they claim the game is perfect; we acknowledge the flaws and want them fixed, but we are also enjoying the game enough that we’d recommend it to others, which in essence is a “good review”.

Edited by afahoy
Typos
  • Agree 4

I find it funny how people still bring RBR even after 15 years, like you're stuck in the past. Apparently ice physics and 90s sound quality and graphics is the master race and I didn't know. If you're having fun in your RBR World then stay in it... nobody's telling you to not play it instead. But apparently you keep coming back from your RBR World to play this one, there sure has to be a reason. If you're not going to be constructive and just hate on a game that has been hard to build because of a few bugs and imply there are only "2 stages" per rally, then don't bother at all. Everyone wants more stages and more cars, but it has to be done inside a budget.

Your marvellous RBR had 8 cars and 10 stages overall, with no support whatsoever. All the other stuff is done by the fanbase with mods. You can't compare the technology used here and the licensing terms were totally different than they are now. Stop trying to compare what's not comparable at all.

This game isn't being run in a big budget, put that on your head. This is not F1, it's not the flagship and even if it was the market is way smaller than the other genres. RBR this, RBR that. Dude RBR original was a sliding fest without any common sense of realism, and even with mods the game is old in every field, it's time to evolve and move on!

Don't like it? You have two choices: Refund and get lost, or stay and provide constructive feedback to improve it. It all comes down to that. There's no need for any more drama.

Am I totally happy about DR2.0's current state? Absolutely not. But you don't see me cursing every other person or every other problem just because some things aren't working as they should. I'm one of those who pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition and we didn't have a "deluxe" treatment. We are all in the same boat and it comes down to each person to have common sense and see things the way they really are, instead of just hating blindly. Look beyond the dashboard, there's plenty of road ahead.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 5
  • Agree 6

11 minutes ago, Riggs said:

I find it funny how people still bring RBR even after 15 years, like you're stuck in the past. Apparently ice physics and 90s sound quality and graphics is the master race and I didn't know. If you're having fun in your RBR World then stay in it... nobody's telling you to not play it instead.

Does that make them RBR fanboys? and then they accuse everyone who doesn't hate DR2 of being just a CM fanboy? 

200_d.gif?cid=3640f6095c7ef48155414d332e

• Haha 1

The game also has much good... by that focus only on the negative? With Regard to the debate on RBR: Many years already with the urban legend on its supposed simulation, and degrading other games (like those of CM), and people are already noticing... How can you forgive all the RBR, and fatten up so much with this D. Rally 2.0? Hypocrisies.

Edited by Keko55

@Riggs RBR has 24 superb stages in the base game TBF, not 10.

And also, I don’t think you can necessarily discount mods from people’s enjoyment of whatever game. I played GTR2 for about 10 years precisely because it had some amazing mods and I could pick apart and rework elements of the game that I chose to. That’s part of a decision that’s been taken.

If they said “we can’t have modding and also Car A, B and C” then fair enough, times have changed and people need to accept that, but when you look at how well something like AC has done using modding as a base, there’s certainly an argument for making it the other way around.

I agree that people are hung up on RBR and nothing will top it for them - personally the sound is completely immersion breaking and of course the stages are much better in DR1 and 2 - but some of those points are decisions that have been made.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

Enjoyed a couple of shots from Paris-Nice cycling race today...

cdt1.thumb.jpg.9f50b6af1ecf45aba72048505e027af8.jpg

cdt2.thumb.jpg.42994e244f8a52556d38479a9f25b936.jpg

DiRT_Rally_D_2.jpg

That looks very familiar... 

5 hours ago, CatBadders said:

While reddit and twitter are all blowing up about patches not being out 2 weeks after launch, most of us here understand the game hasn't even been out a month yet and that Codies is going to get us those patches. We all mostly knew 2.0 was going to have growing pains early on so we aren't really holding it against CM while they work on fixing it. Now if we get to DLC2 and nothing has been actually addressed, you'll see a very different side of these forums come out.

I know, but we have to accept not everyone is keeping in touch with everything happening on the Forums, so they might go with previous experience to judge. What is the most recent experience? DiRT 4's support. Which we can all agree wasn't exactly great. It's also up to Codies to prove them wrong and show a new attitude regarding post-launch. DiRT Rally 2.0 needs it and it's the right time to show it

• Agree 5

4 hours ago, Riggs said:

Safe to say the "spoiled" part came after "Give it time people". If you entitled yourself as spoiled, then it was your call not mine. That part of the text was aimed at the batch of people who keep crying in the forums 24/7 making double threads for attention.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Does DR2.0 need improvements? Yes it does, as well as a big ton of bug fixes. But such things take time to actually do, test and implement. And it drives me crazy reading posts with people saying none of the issues have been acknowledged, when they have been more than once. Probably it would be better to sum it up in a stickied thread, but nonetheless it has been acknowledged and been pointed that it's being worked on. Plus, the Chief Game Designer has said it countless times: "We want feedback from the community about which improvements we can make in the game, content, features" (such as tyre compounds etc). No such speech has been delivered in DiRT Rally 1 and DiRT4. There's a big difference here.

However, this big batch of spoiled kids simply prefer to create havoc and review-bomb a game way below of its actual level, not having any idea of the consequences this might have on the future success of the game and the difficulties this team has been undergoing for years to be able to deliver such experience.

The topping is finished when then these same people dare to say WRC8 drives and looks much better than DR2.0, based on a livestream. Sure it can be better than WRC7, that's where you can compare 8, but comparing to DiRT Rally 2.0 and even 1, it's a complete junk. Not to mention these same people complain about CM not fixing certain features that are hard to do from a game to another, while this developer has kept the same ridiculous car sounds since their first game and still didn't fix them for 8.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion and to debate. But that's not what's happening.

In most things you are right. But also most of it are things codemasters should have known on forehand. For sure with dirt4 they found out what negative reactions a half baken game gets.

Codemasters made a rather good game with to many bugs and gets punished for that. That is how it works.

• Agree 3

Have anyone seen something about pacenotes in the dlc rallies from dr1?

I assume we get Mills as co driver there also, but have a little feeling that we might get the codriver/pacenotes from dr1.

34 minutes ago, Håkonk said:

Have anyone seen something about pacenotes in the dlc rallies from dr1?

I assume we get Mills as co driver there also, but have a little feeling that we might get the codriver/pacenotes from dr1.

They wouldn't release new rallies without consistency of co driver. Phil Mills will be there, if not, I fear a huge amount of burning sticks and pitchforks heading toward southam.

8 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

They wouldn't release new rallies without consistency of co driver. Phil Mills will be there, if not, I fear a huge amount of burning sticks and pitchforks heading toward southam.

If i remember right, it was said somewhere, that he recorded 28 stages.. so i am preatty sure, he will be co driver aswell for DLC stages..

Edited by dani211212

Plus you pick him as co driver and upgrade him in game, would be really jarring to have half the stages done by someone else.

3 hours ago, Riggs said:

I find it funny how people still bring RBR even after 15 years, like you're stuck in the past.

Two things from RBR I really miss are damage/repair system and rally school. Physics of DR1 were already superior.

14 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

If i remember right, it was said somewhere, that he recorded 28 stages.. so i am preatty sure, he will be co driver aswell for DLC stages..

28?? Where was this said?

That would be 12 from basegame + 12 from the first game + 4 unknowns.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, chukonu said:

28?? Where was this said?

That would be 12 from basegame + 12 from the first game + 4 unknowns.

It was an interview with Stephane Prevot, he said he recorded 28 stages and 12 rallies - I wouldn’t read much into it, they probably got him to do the notes for all DR1 stages in case they were going to use them and he’s probably got the number mixed up between 24 and 28.

I’ve no doubt it will be the same deal with Phil Mills; probably new notes too. If Greece ever returns it will be interesting to see how Jon grades that last right-hander on the top of the hill!

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, RodgerDavies said:

It was an interview with Stephane Prevot, he said he recorded 28 stages and 12 rallies - I wouldn’t read much into it, they probably got him to do the notes for all DR1 stages in case they were going to use them and he’s probably got the number mixed up between 24 and 28.

I’ve no doubt it will be the same deal with Phil Mills; probably new notes too. If Greece ever returns it will be interesting to see how Jon grades that last right-hander on the top of the hill!

so there will be all locations of dr1 i assume........ that's fine,   i just hope  evry language will maintain the same codrivers voice,  if not it would be really disappointing,  like it was with italian codriver in dr1 (two voices.................)  @cmMikeRobson

Just now, teknoid85 said:

so there will be all locations of dr1 i assume........ that's fine,   i just hope  evry language will maintain the same codrivers voice,  if not it would be really disappointing,  like it was with italian codriver in dr1 (two voices.................)  @cmMikeRobson

I don’t think it guarantees all rallies will be ported over (although I hope they are) but if they were hiring the co-drivers in each language to do a day’s recording it makes sense to do notes for all stages they can just in case they want to use them in future.