DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

9 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Maybe wait for the patch to get released before you start complaining and over-exaggerating again? Man...

I'm really excited about the patch, the night and weather conditions was the most important aspect to be improved in my opinion. I understand they need more time with ffb, which is already ok if you ask me. Maybe not great, but ok.

Keep up the great job Codemasters!

Great job?. Great Job in original Dirt Rally. But not in this DR2. Exaggerating? You are joking?. I pay for a finalized game, no for a beta.

Edited by GottaEvil
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 6

6 minutes ago, bogani said:

I understand your frustration if you thought you bought a Finnish game. 

When I look at the top of the Leaderboards I sometimes think it was a Finnish game too :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello after taking a week off - I'm now back in the office for aaaaaages, although we do have a few people out at GDC at the moment! Just on some of the discussions I've seen: we'll be patching the game hopefully Wednesday (subject to approvals and everything going smoothly). When that's all locked in, you'll get the full patch notes. We've addressed a lot of the stuff you've been asking for... the FFB is with our handling team, so no changes on that front - but we've managed to squeeze a lot in for this patch. I'll have specifics for you when it's all confirmed, but please rest assured that we're on it.

Cheers,
Christina

Thanks for the info @ChristinaMc

I think it would be a good idea if someone from handling team could write a VERY SMALL roadbook about the FFB situation. Not to justify anything, but rather with an informational/educational character. Like " we changed this and that in DR2.0 and therefore the FFB changed in this and that way". You know like in the good old DR1 days.

I know the team must be fulltime 150% dedicated to fixing this etc. etc. but some information to the customers is also very very important, and I don't think it would need more than like 1-2h for someone to write something... Especially if the first patch won't adress the FFB at all. I am sure you know how the reactions will be... So an article which you (and us) could point people to would be VERY HELPFUL.

What do you think?

Edited by bbbwww
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

I guess the most important stuff to fix (purely from a PC-perspective) are bugs like people still loosing their Career-progress, people not being able to compete in Online-Events, Rewards from Online-Events not being paid out, Audio suddenly cutting off during a Stage and a better performance/GPU-load. I personally wasn´t hit with all of these bugs; only the Audio cutting out three times and subpar performance. But for the people who ARE still affected by the more game-breaking stuff I hope the next patch will bring some improvements.

But also good to hear that Wet/Dark-Stages are happening a bit less frequent after the patch; or in my case I hope a LOT less frequent 😉.

Nevertheless, thanks for the heads up Codemasters and Christina.

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, bbbwww said:

Thanks for the info @xtinamcgrath

I think it would be a good idea if someone from handling team could write a VERY SMALL roadbook about the FFB situation. Not to justify anything, but rather with an informational/educational character. Like " we changed this and that in DR2.0 and therefore the FFB changed in this and that way". You know like in the good old DR1 days.

I know the team must be fulltime 150% dedicated to fixing this etc. etc. but some information to the customers is also very very important, and I don't think it would need more than like 1-2h for someone to write something... Especially if the first patch won't adress the FFB at all. I am sure you know how the reactions will be... So an article where you (and we) could point people to would be VERY HELPFUL.

What do you think?

@ChristinaMc    this is the correct  user, if you want to quote her

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bogani said:

As far as I know Codemasters are based in the UK but sure, I understand your frustration if you thought you bought a Finnish game. 

Perkele! 

Im Mäkinen fan. 😂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

When I look at the top of the Leaderboards I sometimes think it was a Finnish game too :classic_laugh:

GlassParallelEsok-size_restricted.gif

Finland mentioned!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pray for the DiRT4-livery-update-version to come with this patch guys 🤠

Edited by LutzM
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

I just finished this week-end the Elite championship and started a Masters but AI seems unbeatable here, after 2 stages without any mistake i was already 1 minute behind the leader...

Hopefully this is one of the fix in this patch. Great news for the tweak of night/day, there is for sure in career mode way to many night/evening/rain stages, i noticed in historic championship there is some morning day time like 6 AM or 11 AM, in career there is only afternoon with 14h30 and 16h00 no mornings, at least in Elite championship.

Also i play with french co driver cause i'm french yes and one time the congrats sentence from the co driver in the end of a stage was a french woman's voice ; will there be a choice to switch for a woman co driver in the future or is it just a glitch from a previous woman co driver replaced with the man?  

Edited by Rilpey
  • Agree 1

I'm actually quite amazed the FFB still won't be fixed in the next patch.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

7 minutes ago, Decks said:

If it was simple and easy it wouldn't be broken in the first place.

Glad to know the patch is coming rather soon 🙂 looking forward to it. Not that it will make any difference in terms of gameplay hours because I've been active regardless of the issues, it just means I'll enjoy it even more and I'm hoping to see some more people coming back to the game and enjoying it. It'll even get better when the FFB vibrations are sorted out and I REALLY CAN'T WAIT for Monte Carlo.

• Agree 6

6 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello after taking a week off - I'm now back in the office for aaaaaages, although we do have a few people out at GDC at the moment! Just on some of the discussions I've seen: we'll be patching the game hopefully Wednesday (subject to approvals and everything going smoothly). When that's all locked in, you'll get the full patch notes. We've addressed a lot of the stuff you've been asking for... the FFB is with our handling team, so no changes on that front - but we've managed to squeeze a lot in for this patch. I'll have specifics for you when it's all confirmed, but please rest assured that we're on it.

Cheers,
Christina

Sounds like the game is remaining on the shelf for the foreseeable future until a FFB fix comes 😭 Lets see come Wednesday!

Any word if the DLC Monte Carlo is going to be blurry compared to the DR Monte Carlo? 

Edited by FLAW3D
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

4 hours ago, SquadBruce said:

Where's Arne?!!!!

I'm quite sure that guy without shirt is actually Arne 😂

At least he sounds same. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Murikka said:

At least he sounds same. 

Also we can see proper roll damage here. Or is it specific to BMWs? Mine was looking pretty much the same after her last flight.

12 hours ago, Murikka said:

At least he sounds same. 

I didn't recognise him without the hat 😂

good news,  patch confirmed in-gAME  for toworrow 11:00am gmt.        it  says not to play  at this time, to avoid data loss 🙂

• Agree 2

So I guess we should get patch news here soon, with some details...

14 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

it will be interesting to see whats been fixed.

i hope for  rain and weather fix   and specialy for the camera shaking effect slider (not working atm)

argentina is not enjoyable at the moment for me

as other communities and ours (DIRT Hellenic Community) is decided not to play DR 2.0 UNTIL FFB IS FIXED ..... not to mention buying future Codemasters Products....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Maybe wait for the patch to get released before you start complaining and over-exaggerating again? Man...

I'm really excited about the patch, the night and weather conditions was the most important aspect to be improved in my opinion. I understand they need more time with ffb, which is already ok if you ask me. Maybe not great, but ok.

Keep up the great job Codemasters!

Great job?

The game has serious potential, but there are issues that are literally making people shelve it completely until they are resolved. That's not 'great' by any standard.

21 hours ago, Decks said:

Maybe like the community manager the handling team also inexplicably chose the week after a major release to take some time off. Not sure who is approving leave at Codemasters, but clearly they haven't heard of customer relations.

2 hours ago, cflot said:

as other communities and ours (DIRT Hellenic Community) is decided not to play DR 2.0 UNTIL FFB IS FIXED ..... not to mention buying future Codemasters Products....

They already got their good press through YouTube influencers (yes, that is as dirty as it sounds). Our idle threats mean nothing. Still, I didn't buy an F1 game for 6 years the last time they screwed me (and only got this one 75% off) so I guess sometimes customers can mean what they say :). I swear to Kratos though, if they don't follow through with VR on this game I'm done.

Edited by JesseDeya
Somehow I misspelt buy as by
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1