DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

https://www.facebook.com/SLRallyEvo/videos/619959091479767/

Why are they (Milestone) even trying...? :neutral: 

Ultimately we won't know until both are released. I know who I'd like back making the WRC arcade-sim games, but Evo Studios are long gone on a different path, which is such a shame. 

I think the thing to do for both SLRE and WRC5 is to wait a few weeks for both reviews and mass community feedback on Steam forums and the like, and see what the better option is. 

I do hope that WRC5 ends up being a good quality arcade-sim, because I've adored the WRC since I was a lad, so I'm still a sucker for an official license. 
No need now. The Steam Refund system is incredibly simple and robust. After buying any game you have 2 weeks (or 2 hours of in-game time) to request a full refund, no questions asked. Just takes a few clicks.
You'll also get the choice of Steam Credit or your paypal/card refunded (if you bought more than one game at a time and only want to refund part of the order, then Steam Credit is the only option).
Takes about 3/4 days to get the money back.
Maybe wait a few weeks for patches, but then feel free to try it yourself and make your own decision. Not really anything to lose any more.

Jepsertti said:

Somewhere in the world Sébastien Loeb is sitting at his computer, watching that video and thinking "merde".

tbtstt said:
Jepsertti said:

Somewhere in the world Sébastien Loeb is sitting at his computer, watching that video and thinking "merde".
Actual LOL. 

You know what the most unbelievable thing is? For the past 5 or 6 years, the main criticism has been that the sounds of the rally cars are lifeless, tinny and generally naff. Yet, here we are again, watching another reveal video from that company with their unchanged mix of wasps in an empty tin can. Doh!  

On a positive note, the game, visually, looks decent. Although, the physics (even for an arcade game) don't look natural, and obviously the sounds are horrendous. 

On a positive note, the game, visually, looks decent. Although, the physics (even for an arcade game) don't look natural, and obviously the sounds are horrendous. 
On an even more positive note, we all own DiRT Rally

So i've not played DiRT for 2 days now, and i'm not missing it. Is that bad?  :o

Depends on what you're doing instead.

I'm off for the holidays tomorrow, so no DiRT for 2 weeks...

Jepsertti said:

It looks as if the cars are steering from the centre and not following the front wheels? Nothing about that handling model looks right, and I hope 'work in progress' actually means LOADS AND LOADS of work in progress

Jepsertti said:

Still looks meh as always. But I kinda dig that new dashboard.

Even with all its flaws, one thing I thought stood out in SLRE was the tyre damage - after the puncture, it slowly tears and deteriorates and peals away, similar/just like RL. This is the only thing I think is better about it than DiRT Rally, which is still using the full --> flat --> burst tyres format with nothing in between.

789ifyz said:
Even with all its flaws, one thing I thought stood out in SLRE was the tyre damage - after the puncture, it slowly tears and deteriorates and peals away, similar/just like RL. This is the only thing I think is better about it than DiRT Rally, which is still using the full --> flat --> burst tyres format with nothing in between.
Yeah, it bugs the hell out of me that we don't do a good job of it. We did the tyre shreading back in CMR2005 but that was a different engine. That said, it's only cool in chase cam and for DiRT Rally the focus has been on being in the car not outside it. 

To to be fair if that's all SLRE has on us then I'll let them have that.... for now. 

@KickUp    The other thing they have and we don't is Citroen,  the lack of Citroen in DiRT Rally is bugging me :P

Whoever is in charge for releasing teaser content for Milestone should be dragged through the ringer, its just so bad.  Maybe it wouldn't look that bad if it wasn't all from the 3rd person cam, which no real sim fan even uses.  Not to mention the obvious disgusting sounds and how the car is rotating on the center axis and looks completely unnatural.  If you've ever followed pre-release of their games prior they always do this, 3rd person cams and disclaimers like "Physics not implemented"  or "Graphics and sounds not final", then it releases and its the same exact god damn trash you saw in the trailers.

I've been tricked by my love of WRC for buying the last few of their titles, but I will not again.  They produce trash year after year, their stages are terrible, graphics very generic, sounds are abysmal, controller support non existent, post release support non existent, and run of the mill physics that don't know if it wants to be sim or arcade and just feel wrong in general.  All which leads to a shit game, year after year.  They do not learn from criticism, obviously.  WRC 5 looks just as bad if not worse so.... All aboard the Dirt Rally train!

This may come across as sarcastic or evil or something post but...

After this last feedback Friday, is posting anything in the suggestions box useless now?  It sounds that the game is pretty much locked down at this point.  Yeah I'm bummed about NO chance of America being part of DR, a little part of me died there.  

Anyhow, didn't see anyones thoughts, so posting my own.  

gfRally said:

After this last feedback Friday, is posting anything in the suggestions box useless now?  It sounds that the game is pretty much locked down at this point.  Yeah I'm bummed about NO chance of America being part of DR, a little part of me died there.  

Well, they did say that they were working on some fixes/features a lot of people wanted which is cool, I'm just mainly bummed of the lack of new stages. 

They pretty much confirmed we won't get any additional stages for current events like Wales, and have to wait till September for Finland which if they follow current routine will be 2 longer stages split up and reversed to make up 12.  I do appreciate they are going for quality over content, and it definitely shows cause these are by far the best stages ever produced in any rally game, but it seems all we have to look forward to the end of the year is Finland and Sweden 2 long stages split up and reversed.

I can't wait for Finland as it's my favorite rally by far, just I guess venting a bit.  The stages and the unknown and relying on your codriver is the essence of rally, and anyone who puts some real time into DR just ends up memorizing the stages.  It's still a ton of fun, the current roster of cars is already great and they all feel different, but just really need more stages IMO.

gfRally said:

I'm thinking that maybe DiRT Rally is just a filler between DiRT 3 and DiRT 4 or maybe another full on Rally game, pretty sure the devs said that they got the go ahead from management to create a game that they want to create for the fans.

So i've not played DiRT for 2 days now, and i'm not missing it. Is that bad?  :o

Thats because you miss a carreer mode like this DiRT Ultimate Rallyteam : http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/43/idea-wrc-ultimate-rallyteam-explained/p1

;-) That will make DiRT more challenging Luke :)

So who wouldn't mind this as their garage?

https://twitter.com/rallycameraman/status/622386064385310720

Not very DiRTy mind  
Is it wrong that the Fiesta excites me far more than the Ferrari? 

tbtstt said:
So who wouldn't mind this as their garage?

https://twitter.com/rallycameraman/status/622386064385310720

Not very DiRTy mind  
Is it wrong that the Fiesta excites me far more than the Ferrari? 
That's because the Fiesta looks Badass!

Hello, chaps! I've been away for about 3 weeks or a bit less without internet because I moved from town to town and it has been a mess, really. 

The Escudo on GTA San Andreas is modeled very well than it is in SLRE...