DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I totally forgot those cars. Just spent few hours in game and didn't even try those. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Just taken the Mk.2 Focus and Impreza S14 for a quick spin. On default settings I am getting better times on gravel and tarmac with the Focus, first runs in the Focus were also very close to my quickest 2000cc times (in the C4). 

Be interested to see how everyone gets on! 

you lucky console peasants !!!  😒😂

2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

you lucky console peasants !!!  😒😂

Wow. You must be super extra angry about that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

17 hours ago, Riggs said:

Well, we still have a few points in our favor:

- DR1 has been out for longer, was cheaper to get in EA and had several sales. So the direct cash-in in DR2's launch could've been bigger.

- Much higher reviews, despite it being inferior to DR2 now. I think DR2 is paying the price for the current FFB, massive bug list and poor rain/night visibility, together with a few other issues.

What I hope is that after these issues get dealt with, people start changing their mind and actually realize the masterpiece this game is. The current content rollout throughout season 2 will also help to keep the game alive and earn some more people's interest, not to mention I'm counting to see an increase of playerbase when Leagues/Clubs get implement and eSports are announced.

And don't forget VR in summer. There's still alot to come and a lot of sales to be made. What I can say for now, is that the current review score in Steam doesn't match the game's quality at all and people might be mislead.

yea, I'd say the lower reviews are also due to higher expectations... like this game had exactly as much rally content at launch and DR1 yet the lack of it has been one of the main criticisms!

15 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

SIX RX LOCATIONS???? are u kidding???    lets pray god for not make this happen 😝

instead i hope for the remaining 3dr1  locations+ 2 new rallys

yeah, same. I could see one new rally one and like a redone lydden hill. would really like at least one new rally location but my hopes aren't especially high...

15 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

I can't for the life of me work out why CM haven't quickly improved the N00b experience of the game by:

1. Bringing back tool-tips/explanations for all the various game options (new players are going to know what steering linearity is?)

2. Halting all night-time+heavy-rain stages until they fixed the awful graphics

3. A simple, separate off-line career mode with difficulty options

This would have been possible in the first week, and in fact could easily have been before release.

I would have added some more 'pizzazz' to career mode, you know, e-mails, etc - anything to make players 'feel good' or engaged after racing. We here on the boards are simmers, so we don't care for that. But gamers need it. And gamers are essential for sales.

Oh. and the forced wide FoV hasn't helped, in terms of making things unnaturally difficult on the consoles (making players like me use the zoom function on their tvs to compensate!)

hmmm but Forza (main series, horizon is very gamer-oriented) isn't very gamer-y, is it? it just is ultra famous, so that a large part of the user base is gamers who've picked it up ( or been given it) because of that, just like NFS used to be. if a game (same for a movie, music artist or whatever) is getting tons of good reviews and word of mouth, people will pick it up for themselves or their kids or friends just to see what the fuss is about. 

this happened for DR1, but it hasn't for DR2 because the people who are super into these kinds of games didn't spread the word. because they had higher expectations.

as for the gamer thing, I'm one of those people. I play arcade racers like Midnight Club, NFS and Grip, not sims. I play on a keyboard.

I think DR 2.0 is more accessible than the original. sure, 100% agreed on the lack of info. I know nothing about steering linearity and stuff like that. there are a lot of things that could have been ported over from Dirt 4 easily but weren't for some unfathomable reason. but it's easier to drive, the UI is better ( though D4 was better still) and it looks incredible. but the issues... yikes. so much fixable stuff!

Edited by ianism

Oooo yes, looking forward to taking these out for a spin in a bit. Focus seems to be getting the love, how's the impreza feeling?

9 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Just taken the Mk.2 Focus and Impreza S14 for a quick spin. On default settings I am getting better times on gravel and tarmac with the Focus, first runs in the Focus were also very close to my quickest 2000cc times (in the C4). 

Be interested to see how everyone gets on! 

The Focus was superior to the C4 in real life, so it's not a big surprise of it setting fastest times. It was already great in DR1 with its suspension and stability, it allows for controlled oversteers whilst the C4 doesn't.

I'm actually more curious to try the Impreza.

Edited by Riggs

1 minute ago, Riggs said:

The Focus was superior to the C4 in real life, so it's not a big surprise of it setting fastest times. It was already great in DR1 with its suspension and stability, it allows for controlled oversteers whilst the C4 doesn't.

I think the real life superiority is up for debate, I would say that the results suggest the C4 was the better car. 

That said, I prefer the Focus over the C4, so I am hoping it's going to be competitive in the game.

Didn't get a huge amount of time with both cars last night (and it was late so I couldn't crank the volume right up), but I am curious to know if both cars have their final sounds or if they just have placeholders. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I think the real life superiority is up for debate, I would say that the results suggest the C4 was the better car. 

That said, I prefer the Focus over the C4, so I am hoping it's going to be competitive in the game.

Didn't get a huge amount of time with both cars last night (and it was late so I couldn't crank the volume right up), but I am curious to know if both cars have their final sounds or if they just have placeholders. 

The thing is the Focus Mk2 was the only car to de-throne Citroen from WRC with Marcus Gronholm and Mikko Hirvonen as a team and Loeb won one of the championships (i think it was in 2006 or 2007) by 1 point over Gronholm due to a silly mistake he did in Australia. The pace of the Focus was notoriously higher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_World_Rally_Championship (they were still running the Xsara there though)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_World_Rally_Championship (C4)

Then sadly Gronholm retired and Ford went back to dust.

I think the point of this post is actually showing how a beast the Xsara was, because even in 2006 they could stand up with a 5 year old car on a privateer team, against a brand new Focus with new technology 😄 And Loeb didnt even take part in the last 4 rallies but still won 😄 

Thats why a Xsara coming into the game should be around the 2001 one so it doesn't outclass the others 😄 

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

Does the Focus have any liveries containing sponsors? Is the one from Dr1 present? 

Or are they just plain liveries?

A real livery or two would be a cool touch for the Focus, but the priority (for me anyway) is having a well modelled version of the car in game. Will definitely be putting some more mileage on it this evening!

Focus 2 has 5 gears, when in dirt rally 1 it has 6, which one is wrong?

edit: ok, i investigate, in dirt rally 1 is wrong, the correct is 5 gears

Edited by elrojodp8

No real livery on the Focus. I don't really care, however, I would love them to be more creative with special liveries. The new green livery looks nice on a Porsche, but I don't really enjoy driving around with a big D+ on the hood.

Anyway, I'm glad the "close cockpit" camera for the Focus is well positioned. Finally I can have some fun in the 2000cc class. I was afraid it would be too low, like in C4 and Fabia. I wonder if they'll ever correct it.

• Agree 3

who else is having this problem???    i state that calibration is right and deadzone is set to 0, profiler don't  have any parameters exept degrees and center spring.

in other driving games this not happening so it's not  my wheel fault

6 hours ago, Riggs said:

The thing is the Focus Mk2 was the only car to de-throne Citroen from WRC with Marcus Gronholm and Mikko Hirvonen as a team and Loeb won one of the championships (i think it was in 2006 or 2007) by 1 point over Gronholm due to a silly mistake he did in Australia. The pace of the Focus was notoriously higher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_World_Rally_Championship (they were still running the Xsara there though)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_World_Rally_Championship (C4)

Then sadly Gronholm retired and Ford went back to dust.

I think the point of this post is actually showing how a beast the Xsara was, because even in 2006 they could stand up with a 5 year old car on a privateer team, against a brand new Focus with new technology 😄 And Loeb didnt even take part in the last 4 rallies but still won 😄 

Thats why a Xsara coming into the game should be around the 2001 one so it doesn't outclass the others 😄 

To be honest, i read somwhere sometime ago, that the Focus mk2 was more PR move from Ford , the model was good balanced (better handling), but was slower overall then Focus wrc 2003/05 that drove Markko Martin and later Gardemeister

edit:

no wonder the Ford Focus wrc 2003 was faster, it "Cheated" in someway with surge tank, it had extra boost of min 5% power

https://www.highpowermedia.com/blog/3808/the-surge-tank

Edited by dani211212
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

who else is having this problem???    i state that calibration is right and deadzone is set to 0, profiler don't  have any parameters exept degrees and center spring.

in other driving games this not happening so it's not  my wheel fault

I know the g29 does have a natural deadzone issue with ffb due to the geared drive. It's not so noticeable on circuit games due to it not being an overly reactive surface. It's the reason I got rid of mine.

17 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I know the g29 does have a natural deadzone issue with ffb due to the geared drive. It's not so noticeable on circuit games due to it not being an overly reactive surface. It's the reason I got rid of mine.

hmmm, with wreckfest on gravel there is almost no deadzone...........   so the fault is not my wheel

2 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

hmmm, with wreckfest on gravel there is almost no deadzone...........   so the fault is not my wheel

Meh I dunno then, I know there's a hardware source deadzone on the g29, it's on the interweb, and I felt it most noticeably with d1 and d4 though I put that down to it being a rally game, you need that central ffb most with a rally game due to the surface. I can't speak for wreckers as I've never driven it, however I just know it's a known hardware negative

16 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Meh I dunno then, I know there's a hardware source deadzone on the g29, it's on the interweb, and I felt it most noticeably with d1 and d4 though I put that down to it being a rally game, you need that central ffb most with a rally game due to the surface. I can't speak for wreckers as I've never driven it, however I just know it's a known hardware negative

ok  i've looked on the web and you're right.

but for example on assetto corsa there is a setting that made this issue almost vanish:

Too bad there is no good livery for Ford Focus... because i like to watch replays.. 

However Impreza seems a bit slow .. 

• Agree 1

Didn't try the Focus yet, but always found it#s rear a little ugly...

But the Impreza is quite nice and will be my go-to choice for that class now (Until a S12 comes around...)

Some impressions can be seen here:

yeah, not having any official livery on the focus is a bit disappointing, especially since it can't be modded for now.

also, regarding the exclusive liveries, why do they seem to think that having a giant D+ on the car is something we want? I was hoping for some official liveries, but so far the exclusive ones are some of the worst in the game!

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, dani211212 said:

To be honest, i read somwhere sometime ago, that the Focus mk2 was more PR move from Ford , the model was good balanced (better handling), but was slower overall then Focus wrc 2003/05 that drove Markko Martin and later Gardemeister

edit:

no wonder the Ford Focus wrc 2003 was faster, it "Cheated" in someway with surge tank, it had extra boost of min 5% power

https://www.highpowermedia.com/blog/3808/the-surge-tank

And they still didn't win xD

I wouldn't say they're the worst in game, the gold on black looks great on a lot of cars, the old John player special style.  BUT.  D+ ? Yeah, no.  Looks stupid, I'm sorry to say.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I wouldn't say they're the worst in game, the gold on black looks great on a lot of cars, the old John player special style.  BUT.  D+ ? Yeah, no.  Looks stupid, I'm sorry to say.

yeah difference of opinion.

my school's colours were gold and black and the sports teams' uniforms were badass, but on a car... doesn't work for me at all hahaha