DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

KickUp said:
@BrySkye @RodgerDavies @Snaky115 we're fixing the retirement exploit and we've got a cunning plan to solve the tediousness of the masters championship that should be live by the time Finland is released.
As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

Off topic; is anyone else watching Spa 24 Hours at the moment?
Yep: fantastic championship, great racing and not a bad looking car on the grid.

Watched the Sprint round at Brands earlier in the year. I hate the Z4 road car, but I'm utterly in love with the Z4 GT3! 

Ha, you and me both; it sounds incredible too. Can't wait for the R3E version of Spa.

By the way, anyone following Messrs Tucker and Coleman on Twitter see any messages about a 'thing'? I'm guessing route notes for the Finnish stage.

Ha, you and me both; it sounds incredible too. Can't wait for the R3E version of Spa.
The sound is the best thing about it in my opinion! Looking forward to the British GT at Brands next weekend as there should be at least two Z4's racing.

That actually reminds me, I meant to get the Z4 GT3 DLC for Grid Autosport to see if they nailed that engine sound in the game!

@tbtstt 

The sound is utterly superb in R3E too. If you've never tried it, it's free this weekend so go check it out. It's the only game to match DiRT Rally for sounds at the moment.

@tbtstt 

The sound is utterly superb in R3E too. If you've never tried it, it's free this weekend so go check it out. It's the only game to match DiRT Rally for sounds at the moment.
I'm sure he would if he had a PC capable of playing the games. Poor chaps not even got DiRT yet :open_mouth: 

@tbtstt 

I'm sure he would if he had a PC capable of playing the games. Poor chaps not even got DiRT yet :open_mouth: 
  True story :( 

tbtstt said:
@tbtstt 

Each time I'm playing DiRT Rally, sweating like a pig because of the tension and emotions a thought passes through my head: what would life be if I haven't invested in a PC to play this rather awesome game?

It would have been sad...

In all seriousness Steve @tbtstt - you just gotta get a PC for next week... RX pack is likely to come out! :)   I'll record some gameplay specially for you :)

I have a feeling the RX pack will come out on the 7th when the canadian round starts. And the PvP/Hell pack will come out on the 21st at the same time as the Norwegian round starts.

tbtstt said:
@tbtstt 

Each time I'm playing DiRT Rally, sweating like a pig because of the tension and emotions a thought passes through my head: what would life be if I haven't invested in a PC to play this rather awesome game?

It would have been sad...

In all seriousness Steve @tbtstt - you just gotta get a PC for next week... RX pack is likely to come out! :)   I'll record some gameplay specially for you :)
Thanks @GentleNameMVB , just so I can see what I'm missing! :smiley: I really want a new PC, but unfortunately that is being pushed down my shopping list by an ever increasing number of jobs on the house!

I'm on holiday next week so probably going to miss the release :(

Still... got something to look forward to on my return home :)

Video of making pace notes and ... Finland ! Better than nothing :wink: . Jump and jump ! :D 
https://www.periscope.tv/w/aIZDdzM0OTc0NjB8NDgwNTc3MDEyxAs1GqwSTz0HOWISmqRMOyNknKwuXRKy46HAiBFZiA==

Awesome video, thanks for sharing!

I wonder if that cough after the finishline will be included... ;)

Awesome video, thanks for sharing!

I wonder if that cough after the finishline will be included... ;)
I always seem to be recovering from a cold whenever it is recording time. :(

Evilsmurf said:
Just had a look at the steam achievements, we got some new Rallycross achievements.
Good spot! 

Interesting one has something to do with unlocking of the RX championship:

Playing With The Big Boys

Unlock the FIA World Rallycross Championship.

How would we have to unlock it? Hmm?

I really expected an achievement such as Magic Weekend: Win at Holjes by punting off your rival in the last corner
or Crazy Nowegien: hunt a moose down.

You might have to unlock it by doing a series in Lites?

Damn this Periscope video! Now I have to spent my evening trying to match it up against WRC Plus footage from last year!

Cool sneak peek at Finland, looking forward to :)

inb4 Road is too wide, WIDE!! :D

Evilsmurf said:

Finland is looking impressive! Very different from the gravel events we already have.

Yeah, the slowest corner I remember hearing is a 3. This is going to be fast.