Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO has been postponed until 2016 apparently.
I guess Sebastien got to try Dirt Rally after testing his own game ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO has been postponed until 2016 apparently.
I guess Sebastien got to try Dirt Rally after testing his own game ;)
Or they've just decided not to go head-to-head with an official WRC game and Forza 6.
The 2016 WRC season kicks off in late January as well, so it would make sense from that point of view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
Anyway.

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/626825602687893508

I'm sure the picture was from CMR2, but that is a DiRT Rally watermark stuck on it.
Not a generic Codemasters one, not Colin McRae Rally 2 or it's stripped down mobile/Steam re-make.
Not even just 'DiRT'

As I have already stated on Twitter, if that kind of tease doesn't lead to something, there will be blood shed.
Oh yes. Sticking the games logo on a photo of a car, of THIS car, and it then not ending up in the game.
Death and destruction will follow.
It's been posted before that picture, think it was before DiRT Rally was released though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
Anyway.

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/626825602687893508

I'm sure the picture was from CMR2, but that is a DiRT Rally watermark stuck on it.
Not a generic Codemasters one, not Colin McRae Rally 2 or it's stripped down mobile/Steam re-make.
Not even just 'DiRT'

As I have already stated on Twitter, if that kind of tease doesn't lead to something, there will be blood shed.
Oh yes. Sticking the games logo on a photo of a car, of THIS car, and it then not ending up in the game.
Death and destruction will follow.
It's been posted before that picture, think it was before DiRT Rally was released though. 

I remember the days when we took a pic of any car as a hint that it will make it into the next DiRT game. Whatever that next DiRT game was going to be :)

I definitely take this pic of the Focus as a hint it may be added to DiRT Rally! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jepsertti said:
Tomorrow (or today in Finland already) I'm going to watch some flying there: ;)


Btw if you're wondering, B is the start and A is the finish but I accidentally made them the wrong way in Google Maps haha
Have fun! (and pack a camera if you have one so we can see what we're missing!) :smiley: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
Anyway.

It's been posted before that picture, think it was before DiRT Rally was released though. 
Then it wouldn't have had the main focus (no pun intended) of my post.
The point, more than anything, was the watermark.
I have absolutely no doubt the photo was taken 15 years ago, purely in relation to CMR2.

However, it would be very, very silly to stick the logo of an actual game they are currently making on an image that has absolutely nothing to do with that game. That would be an ill-conceived idea.
It's a bit bizarre as a tease, presented as it is. Either it's an unspoken reveal the car will be in DiRT Rally, or it's... well... a lie.
If it's not going to be in DiRT Rally and really is just a cool throwback photo, something like a Codemasters watermark should have been applied instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darhour said:
CMR2.0 proper remake, please? I remember the tweet was published twice by now and I hope it is a gossip material :smile: A hint for a CMR2.0 wished remake or the inclusion of the 1999 Focus WRC car :smile: 
I'd be happy with just a patch, that fixes widescreen and framerate issues. Even force feedback works fine on the original CMR2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
BrySkye said:
Anyway.

It's been posted before that picture, think it was before DiRT Rally was released though. 
Then it wouldn't have had the main focus (no pun intended) of my post.
The point, more than anything, was the watermark.
I have absolutely no doubt the photo was taken 15 years ago, purely in relation to CMR2.

However, it would be very, very silly to stick the logo of an actual game they are currently making on an image that has absolutely nothing to do with that game. That would be an ill-conceived idea.
It's a bit bizarre as a tease, presented as it is. Either it's an unspoken reveal the car will be in DiRT Rally, or it's... well... a lie.
If it's not going to be in DiRT Rally and really is just a cool throwback photo, something like a Codemasters watermark should have been applied instead.
Maybe we'll just get Martini liveries :P but that car would be great, without it Dirt Rally seems a bit unfocused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jepsertti said:
Tomorrow (or today in Finland already) I'm going to watch some flying there: ;)


Btw if you're wondering, B is the start and A is the finish but I accidentally made them the wrong way in Google Maps haha
I tried using google maps a while back to look at stages, then I found rally-maps.com, awesome site.
http://www.rally-maps.com/Neste-Oil-Rally-Finland-2015/Ouninpohja
Never tried the 3d part, so I can't say how that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For those who may miss the sticky thread at the top of the forum, here's the new DiRT Road Book, with World RX preview. Looks like it's landing on Monday.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/14036/dirt-rally-road-book-31-07-15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kt have released some screenshots showing the dirt effects on a 208 R5. The model is quite well made, these guys have shown that they model cars better than Milestone. The dirt effect is ok, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didzis said:
Car actually looks quite good. Would love to the 208 T16 in DiRT
I'm pretty sure it's going to be in the Rallycross pack
Thats the rallycross version, thats totally diffrent compare to the 208 T16 rallyversion ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surprised to see my buddy's car/livery in the game. The 208 behind the Polo is James Grints (brother of Ruper Grint/Ron in Harry Potter films) as he's only doing the European RX not World RX. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe gossip, under the world ex Facebook post, come asked consoles, and rx replied with 'pc only (for now)'

could be a little hint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not sure if it's gossip or not. I think everyone has been saying its PC only for now. I believe the console decision is still to be made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Watching all the footage from Finland, I seriously can't wait to play it in game. It's going to be epic!
I'll be Kubica'ing it up all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alright, here are few pics from Ouninpohja (SS4 & SS8) taken on Friday :) Sorry for the quality...










Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×