DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

the trailer is promising , but justbiglee is there any case to get better performance in pikes pike , i have a gtx 550ti and while in rally location run smooth enough in pikes pike with same settings the game is unplayable getting permanently 15-20fps .. has anyone else same problem?? i hope rallycross to be smooth with all these cars on track.. :|

Awesome, just awesome....i only did a few laps on Lydden Hill but i love it already, thanks Codies, you continue to amaze!

Tarmac physics are defo different in RX, however i didnt test if it has been changed on Rally tarmac as well

Woozie77 said:
Awesome, just awesome....i only did a few laps on Lydden Hill but i love it already, thanks Codies, you continue to amaze!

Tarmac physics are defo different in RX, however i didnt test if it has been changed on Rally tarmac as well
How so?  I won't be able to try it out till I get off work today.

griev0r said:
Woozie77 said:

I think RX cars have an extra layer of handling simulation added to them. Hopefully, Paul will explain that during the show, as well as when this handling expansion will be added to rally cars.

I really wish I could watch the show live, but twitch and pretty much all useful websites are blocked on my computer... ;]

griev0r said:
Woozie77 said:

I think RX cars have an extra layer of handling simulation added to them. Hopefully, Paul will explain that during the show, as well as when this handling expansion will be added to rally cars.

I really wish I could watch the show live, but twitch and pretty much all useful websites are blocked on my computer... ;]
Yes he finished to explain that. It's something with the tyre model that will be applied on Rally.

griev0r said:
Where/when can I watch the show?

@griev0r Right now at www.twitch.tv/dirtgame

By the way it was just confirmed that Petter Solber's and Liam Doran's Citroen DS3 RX cars will be added in the RX expansion.

I can't watch it at work, but I am able to listen to it: I haven't heard anything rallycross related yet that doesn't get both thumbs up from me!

Wow. Absolutely blown away but what I heard in that Twitch show. Proper event structure, true penalties for jump starting and corner cutting, true life car models... it's the rallycross content that I have long wanted to see in a DiRT game.

As a follow up question based on the content of the show and your comment about speaking to individual engineers (thus I would assume this is a question that @KickUp will be able to answer). We can see that there are different team liveries included; is the car model identical for each type, or are the models mechanically different underneath based on the team? I.e. does the Albatec 208 behave differently to the Hansen 208? And will the DS3's of Petter Solberg and Liam Doran handle differently as well?

Stunned by the level of detail you have gone into; to repeat my early line this is digital representation of rallycross that I have been hoping for!

Now I definitely need a new graphics card :( framerates take a big hit in rallycross, right now I can only reasonably play it on 720p at minimum detail... and I didn't even try the mirror yet :( hitting the tyres makes framerate go down another 75%...

tbtstt said:

As a follow up question based on the content of the show and your comment about speaking to individual engineers (thus I would assume this is a question that @KickUp will be able to answer). We can see that there are different team liveries included; is the car model identical for each type, or are the models mechanically different underneath based on the team? I.e. does the Albatec 208 behave differently to the Hansen 208? And will the DS3's of Petter Solberg and Liam Doran handle differently as well?
Right now we have been limited to making the cars as a base with liveries applied on top so there is no difference in the setup / handling between the Hansen and Albatec. Its something we may be refining in the future though.

Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo - Gamescom 2015 Trailer.

I know game was delayed but for me a parts  showing pikes peak track looks better than in dirt rally. Many rocks,patches of snow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwoYEsEazCQ  

KickUp said:
tbtstt said:

Right now we have been limited to making the cars as a base with liveries applied on top so there is no difference in the setup / handling between the Hansen and Albatec. Its something we may be refining in the future though.
Thanks for answering @KickUp , an understandable compromise but nice to know its on the radar. :smile: Very interested to hear your comments about Petter's DS3, I have had several conversations about the setup of that car, interesting to hear that it has a lot of the paddock scratching their heads as well!

During that Twitch show it was mentioned that the next rallycross pack would include one more track and three more cars. The track is obviously Hell and one of the cars is the DS3: any clues as to what the other two cars are?

I noticed that with unedited tuning files, the 037 still has a front differential, and the kit cars still have rear differentials. Asked about that ages ago and justbiglee said he'd tell the people who program the cars. Sadly there's never been any answer or feedback and now this supposed bug is still there after the RX update. Could any of you please give any feedback, and if only to tell why it's not been changed?

tbtstt said:
KickUp said:
tbtstt said:

Thanks for answering @KickUp , an understandable compromise but nice to know its on the radar. :smile: Very interested to hear your comments about Petter's DS3, I have had several conversations about the setup of that car, interesting to hear that it has a lot of the paddock scratching their heads as well!

During that Twitch show it was mentioned that the next rallycross pack would include one more track and three more cars. The track is obviously Hell and one of the cars is the DS3: any clues as to what the other two cars are?
Munnich S3 and JRM Mini

I noticed that with unedited tuning files, the 037 still has a front differential, and the kit cars still have rear differentials. Asked about that ages ago and justbiglee said he'd tell the people who program the cars. Sadly there's never been any answer or feedback and now this supposed bug is still there after the RX update. Could any of you please give any feedback, and if only to tell why it's not been changed?
There was an answer from Paul that said it was a redundant value and not called upon by the game, so the fact it has a number is irrelevant because it's set as not having a front diff.

@tbtstt - did it specify three cars? I heard a question about cars in the next pack and heard the answer being that the DS3s of Doran and Solberg were in (sounding like they were multiple cars instead of one car with two skins) but didn't hear any more.

macebig said:
tbtstt said:
KickUp said:
tbtstt said:

Munnich S3 and JRM Mini
Is that a guess, or have seen a clue?

This has been answered in a few different places but seeing as you have called it out here I'll happily say it again. The handling files that you can see expose variables that the code is not necessarily looking at. The cars all start life using the same file but we then use our tools to tell the code what bits it should look at and what bits it should ignore. So a RWD car never looks at its front diff because it doesn't have one, so 100% of nothing is nothing. Same with the FWD cars 100% of nothing is nothing.

In a nutshell nothing has changed because it isn't a bug and it doesn't need fixing. People looking at those files are making assumptions without knowing the facts. In hindsight we should have encrypted them so that people couldn't even see them. I'll probably get them encrypted anyway but we just haven't got round to it yet.

KickUp said:

This has been answered in a few different places but seeing as you have called it out here I'll happily say it again. The handling files that you can see expose variables that the code is not necessarily looking at. The cars all start life using the same file but we then use our tools to tell the code what bits it should look at and what bits it should ignore. So a RWD car never looks at its front diff because it doesn't have one, so 100% of nothing is nothing. Same with the FWD cars 100% of nothing is nothing.

In a nutshell nothing has changed because it isn't a bug and it doesn't need fixing. People looking at those files are making assumptions without knowing the facts. In hindsight we should have encrypted them so that people couldn't even see them. I'll probably get them encrypted anyway but we just haven't got round to it yet.

Maybe you can encrypt Sylwesterp and REXY so we can't even see them. ;)

Or perhaps you already did, it's been a few days since I last saw them. :open_mouth: 

There was an answer from Paul that said it was a redundant value and not called upon by the game, so the fact it has a number is irrelevant because it's set as not having a front diff.

@tbtstt - did it specify three cars? I heard a question about cars in the next pack and heard the answer being that the DS3s of Doran and Solberg were in (sounding like they were multiple cars instead of one car with two skins) but didn't hear any more.
Perhaps I misheard @RodgerDavies , but I was certain that they made a comment quite early in the show that the first pack was two tracks and three cars, and the second pack was one track and three cars? Happy to stand corrected if I heard that wrong though! 

(and if it is just once car, its the DS3, which is the most important modern rallycross car in my personal opinion!)

KickUp said:

Thanks for the answer, if you answered in the Steam forums or here before, I must have missed it, sorry. Well it seemed to make a big difference when I edited that back then, now it seems it was entirely placebo, don't know what to think anymore... but I think I'll let it rest now, thanks.